Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Korey Banks

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/6557487.htm

Good article about four guys trying to make the last corner spot on our team.

So which do you think we keep? I assume one of them will DEFINITELY be kept.

Honestly I don't know why Donaldson is on that list. I remember we did get excited about him a little at the beginning of TC last year, he looked good...and I think that maybe carried over into why the article says it appeared he was the frontrunner early in TC this year cuz he was getting the most work.

Korey Banks has quick feet and a knack for being close to making big plays. But he's still young so I think he gets put on the practice squad.

The real competition to me is between Alphonso Roundtree and Omare Lowe. Lowe was a 5th round draft choice and the coaches like him a lot, but Roundtree is a guy you HAVE to like for our team style of coverage...

Read this quote from Alphonso...

When I first got here, the wide receivers used to get on me for jamming them down the field because that is what I was accustomed to. The rules are different. Now I can only jam the receiver for five yards. I'm having to make an adjustment to that

Some of you may think of this as a bad thing...cuz we're always getting called for defensive holding and interference and it has proven quite costly (see New England)...but I look at the positive. He's looked very, very physical out there and that is exactly what we need him to be. Sam Madison aren't the best because they are the fastest. They are smart and very physical...hence the penalties. I read that quote from Alphonso and the first thought that crept into my head was "man this guy needs to play in this system...bet he'd be a great nickel CB blitzer..."

Couldn't agree more. I want to see Roundtree on the team. In the short amount of time that I've seen him, he's agressive and always around the ball. I'd like to see Banks make the practice squad and then see what we can do to develop him some more. I don't think that Lowe is eligible for the PS cause he spent so much time on the roster last year. Plus I think that he gets picked up if and when he gets released

I haven't seen Lowe but Roundtree played 2 years for Montreal so I know him. He's a good player. I would like to see him in a Dolphins uniform. But Lowe has the height to match against big TE so I wouldn't be surprised they keep him.

I like Roundtree because i love the way he hits.. but for some reason i am loving Korey Banks. This guy is all over the place! So i pick Banks.

If Banks doesnt make it i would go for Roundtree as my second choice but i think Banks needs to at least make the practice squad so he can come back and hopefully play for us next year.

Lowe. Size advantage with the same speed. He will rebound. Don't we usually have 5 CBs in the season?

Back
Top Bottom