Four on the Floor | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Four on the Floor

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
Jason Taylor's new maneuver

Four on the floor

Taylor has been experimenting with a four-point stance instead of the traditional three-point, and he likes what it does for him.

Taylor said it's easier for him to stay low, explode off the line of scrimmage and keep his pads down in a four-point stance.

And there's another benefit.

"When you start getting tired in a game, it's easier in a three-point to stand up first before you take off," he said.

"Being in a four-point you really can't stand up. You're going to fall on your face."

It very well could give him a better ability in his bull rushes, however he'll be running more off-balance in his speed rushes and a veteran tackle would probably take advantage of that and just knock him to the ground with one good punch. And if he uses it just for bull rushing, the LT will know a bull rush is coming. And I don't think he'll be able to play the run as well as he does from a four point stance. Its dangerous in my opinion. Should only be used later in a game when its time to pin your ears back and go for the QB with all your power and speed. I hope the DL coach Clarence Brooks gives him a heads up on this (probably inferior) technique.

As long as he can get those hands up fast enough to control the LT and get in this could be cool.,,but when he gets a little tire toward the end of the game will he keep his quickness out of the 4 point..

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Jason Taylor's new maneuver

It very well could give him a better ability in his bull rushes, however he'll be running more off-balance in his speed rushes and a veteran tackle would probably take advantage of that and just knock him to the ground with one good punch. And if he uses it just for bull rushing, the LT will know a bull rush is coming. And I don't think he'll be able to play the run as well as he does from a four point stance. Its dangerous in my opinion. Should only be used later in a game when its time to pin your ears back and go for the QB with all your power and speed. I hope the DL coach Clarence Brooks gives him a heads up on this (probably inferior) technique.

I dont know about you, but this makes complete sense to me. i dont think this is a matter of a "move" that he is looking for but rather a way to get full advantage of his strength's. JT i fast. his leverage and strength are amazing for a guy his size. if he is comfortable doing it. why not? its like a batter in baseball, do what is comfrotable as long as it strenghtens your strong suits. i dont see any prob with this really, if he thinks it gives him andvantage, i say roll the dice brother!

Back
Top Bottom