Four Players Who Will Go Higher Than Expected | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Four Players Who Will Go Higher Than Expected

Guice is a better runner than Barkley, but there's a huge gap in receiving ability. Barkley, if utilized properly, creates mismatches in ways that Guice doesn't, and that's the direction the good teams are heading - more like the NBA.
What do you think of the notion that Barkley doesn't break tackles well as it translates to next level? When I think of the most dominant runners- Gurley, Elliot even Gordon were difficult to bring down esp by 1 tackler

What do you think of the notion that Barkley doesn't break tackles well as it translates to next level? When I think of the most dominant runners- Gurley, Elliot even Gordon were difficult to bring down esp by 1 tackler

It's more about vision and decision making with Barkley. He's similar to Forte and David Johnson - but faster than either. These guys are all soft relative to most high-end RB's, but they're all dangerous receivers out of the backfield. Barkley runs well enough, and he's always a threat to break a big run. His receiving ability - if utilized - is what puts the defense in a bind. On early downs, passes to RB's have a high-success rate, and many of the good teams are implementing this. If Barkley goes to a team that doesn't take advantage of his ability as a receiver, he won't reach his potential. That's the caveat with him. But, if you're drafting a RB top 20, you better have a plan to utilize him in the passing game. Otherwise, you're paying a high price for a fringe benefit.

Safety-A

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 213
Arm: 31 1/4"
Hand: 9 3/4"
40 Time: 4.44
Bench: 19 reps
Vertical: 35 1/2"
Broad: 10'-8"
3-cone: 6.56
20 yard shuttle: 4.12
60 yard shuttle: 10.81

Safety-B

Height: 6'0"
Weight: 214
Arm: 33 3/8"
Hand: 9 1/4"
40 Time: 4.56
Bench: 18 reps
Vertical: 31 1/2"
Broad: 10'-0"
3-cone: 6.96
20 yard shuttle: 4.13
60 yard shuttle: 11.92

Safety-A is Godwin Igwebuike

Safety-B is Jamal Adams

Igwebuike is going higher than people think. I actually like him more than I liked Jamal Adams last year.

Safety-A

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 213
Arm: 31 1/4"
Hand: 9 3/4"
40 Time: 4.44
Bench: 19 reps
Vertical: 35 1/2"
Broad: 10'-8"
3-cone: 6.56
20 yard shuttle: 4.12
60 yard shuttle: 10.81

Safety-B

Height: 6'0"
Weight: 214
Arm: 33 3/8"
Hand: 9 1/4"
40 Time: 4.56
Bench: 18 reps
Vertical: 31 1/2"
Broad: 10'-0"
3-cone: 6.96
20 yard shuttle: 4.13
60 yard shuttle: 11.92

Safety-A is Godwin Igwebuike

Safety-B is Jamal Adams

Igwebuike is going higher than people think. I actually like him more than I liked Jamal Adams last year.

Yikes that’s a stretch

You are leaving out very important traits by looking as those comparables

They are alike as they both thrive in the box but igwebuikes coverage skills lack significantly compared to Adams

Adams was interchangeable. The problem w/ him was he lacked straight line speed to keep up w/ faster slot guys, but his coverage abilities were plus grade and you could put him anywhere on the field

Igwebuikes coverage skills lack severely. He’s a force in the run game very instinctive but he’s instincts lack dramatically in coverage especially zone looks. He’s not interchangeable like Adams you gotta cover his ass in a package if you are trying to man him up you can’t leave him alone out there

This gets overlooked too in many cases but Adams was the Man in charge on defense too. He’s a textbook leader and then some

Appreciate your work on here but saying Jamal Adams lacks compared to this guy and comapring those measurables is dangerous

Yikes that’s a stretch

You are leaving out very important traits by looking as those comparables

They are alike as they both thrive in the box but igwebuikes coverage skills lack significantly compared to Adams

Adams was interchangeable. The problem w/ him was he lacked straight line speed to keep up w/ faster slot guys, but his coverage abilities were plus grade and you could put him anywhere on the field

Igwebuikes coverage skills lack severely. He’s a force in the run game very instinctive but he’s instincts lack dramatically in coverage especially zone looks. He’s not interchangeable like Adams you gotta cover his *** in a package if you are trying to man him up you can’t leave him alone out there

This gets overlooked too in many cases but Adams was the Man in charge on defense too. He’s a textbook leader and then some

Appreciate your work on here but saying Jamal Adams lacks compared to this guy and comapring those measurables is dangerous

Igwebuike is interchangeable, they use a left and right safety system and he played high and low in Hankwitz's defense.

You have to understand where I'm coming from. Jamal Adams was one of the most overhyped and overdrafted safeties since Mark Barron. Adams was never the coverage safety at LSU that even Eric Reid was.

Do you have any idea how hard it is for a safety to start 16 games in the NFL and not even come up with a single interception? Especially when you play the Dolphins twice.

That's exactly what Adams accomplished as a rookie.

His coverage skills weren't anywhere near elite. We abused him every year even with a RB playing quarterback. Not to mention I used to watch him get trucked by Rawleigh Williams. It looked like Christian Okoye running over a 7th grader.

Coverage is the main thing a safety improves on the NFL, and you're looking for indicators. The testing numbers are the indicators. I've watched Igwebuike his entire career, just like I watched Jamal Adams for his entire 3 years at LSU.

What I said was, Igwebuike is going to be drafted higher than people think. Tell me where you think he's going to be drafted and we'll find out.

Igwebuike is interchangeable, they use a left and right safety system and he played high and low in Hankwitz's defense.

You have to understand where I'm coming from. Jamal Adams was one of the most overhyped and overdrafted safeties since Mark Barron. Adams was never the coverage safety at LSU that even Eric Reid was.

Do you have any idea how hard it is for a safety to start 16 games in the NFL and not even come up with a single interception? Especially when you play the Dolphins twice.

His coverage skills weren't anywhere near elite. We abused him every year even with a RB playing quarterback. Not to mention I used to watch him get trucked by Rawleigh Williams. It looked like Christian Okoye running over a 7th grader.

Coverage is the main thing a safety improves on the NFL, and you're looking for indicators. The testing numbers are the indicators. I've watched Igwebuike his entire career, just like I watched Jamal Adams for his entire 3 years at LSU.

What I said was, Igwebuike is going to be drafted higher than people think. Tell me where you think he's going to be drafted and we'll find out.

I wasn’t discounting Igwebuike as a player, I like him as a player just mentioned his coverage skills lack which they do. I also didn’t say he can’t/wasn’t interchangeable in college I’m saying he won’t Be projected to Be in the nfl right off the bat. He’s a wrecking ball near the los but were gonna have to agree to disagree on his coverage skills bc I saw plenty of him and imo he gets lost trying to handle horizontal and out breaking routes. As long as the game is in front of him or stays pretty vertical you can mask him in coverage he has the speed for it

Again agree to disagree I guess On Adams coverage ability. Compare the indicators if you will but Adams wasn’t near as raw in coverage. Adams was primarily the low guy in New York too while as you know another rookie in Maye was responsible for the high part of the field. Another trait about Adams coming out was stone hands and I saw it myself last year vs the chiefs idk how many other times it may Have happened over the season. I’m not discounting my opinion of his coverage abilities coming out especially bc he worked in a two rookie tandom

I think we just got crossed a little I know where you’re coming from, I also like Igwebuike and wouldn’t be surprised to see him go round three. But other than those comparables you showed there is no part of igwebuikes game I like more than I liked Adams. Opinions may differ though and I respect it

His speed shows on tape, too.

Same 3-Cone as Darrelle Revis - at about the same height and 9lbs heaver. I think your point makes sense in terms of usage and ability. There was this weird myth that Adams was an instinctual, ball-hawking, do-it-all Safety. I think we both agreed that Malik Hooker is 2 out of 3 (the first two) and that he has the talent to develop into a complete Safety. Adams, to me, is just a guy that doesn't do anything particularly bad. No idea how that translates to a top-10 pick, but I'm not complaining that he's on the Jets. I feel pretty similarly about Igwebuike - except for his elite agility and speed, which could translate to high-end man-to-man coverage. With that athletic profile, you'd love to see him work out of the slot . I knocked him a little too much for being old-ish, and his Combine opens possibilities. Enjoyed these posts a lot, Slimm! Great stuff.

His speed shows on tape, too.

Same 3-Cone as Darrelle Revis - at about the same height and 9lbs heaver. I think your point makes sense in terms of usage and ability. There was this weird myth that Adams was an instinctual, ball-hawking, do-it-all Safety. I think we both agreed that Malik Hooker is 2 out of 3 (the first two) and that he has the talent to develop into a complete Safety. Adams, to me, is just a guy that doesn't do anything particularly bad. No idea how that translates to a top-10 pick, but I'm not complaining that he's on the Jets. I feel pretty similarly about Igwebuike - except for his elite agility and speed, which could translate to high-end man-to-man coverage. With that athletic profile, you'd love to see him work out of the slot . I knocked him a little too much for being old-ish, and his Combine opens possibilities. Enjoyed these posts a lot, Slimm! Great stuff.

We completely agree. And nobody is saying that Jamal Adams wasn't a good player, or isn't a good player. He certainly is. Hell Mark Barron is a good player, but only if he's used correctly...like a linebacker.

Adams was extremely overhyped and overvalued by a bunch of people in the NFL making a lot of money that do this for a living that are supposed to know better.

There were 5 or 6 defensive players that were entirely overdrafted last year in the 1st round, Jamal Adams and Charles Harris were two of em. I think I had Adams #38 overall.

Did his rookie season look like a kid that should've been drafted closer to #6 overall or closer to #38 overall? Three years from now, five years from now, or ten years from now...the answer is going to be the same.

Adams should've been a late 1st round pick if you just had to have him in the 1st round. I'd have no problem with that. But #6 overall...come on man.

Igwebuike is anxious to prove himself in that nickel role out of the slot as you just alluded to. That is what makes him a unique prospect, and even more valuable. Because he has the athletic profile to conquer it.

The foundation for an already extremely solid defender (angles, tackling, aggression vs. the run) are already prevalant. His film matches the impressive workout numbers.

Back
Top Bottom