Four potential veteran cuts for the Dolphins this summer | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Four potential veteran cuts for the Dolphins this summer

I agree with you brother but the upside you have there rights by drafting them.
Good point.

In our specific case, though (a 6th and three 7ths), along with 10 other picks, I doubt we retain their rights beyond TC.

If we get 3 players to stick from our 7 picks in rds 5 thru 7, we'll be lucky.

I think it's likely we try to move some of those picks, and defer them until 2021.

Good point.

In our specific case, though (a 6th and three 7ths), along with 10 other picks, I doubt we retain their rights beyond TC.

If we get 3 players to stick from our 7 picks in rds 5 thru 7, we'll be lucky.

I think it's likely we try to move some of those picks, and defer them until 2021.

Don't mind the idea of pushing 5-7's up to get better picks for 2021, as we need quality over quantity and Flores has proved already he can turn cast offs into solid players to help fill out the squad.

Tankersley still could save his career.

Ballage - I wouldn’t be upset if he made the team. I’d like to see a little more. As others have noted, no one could run last year. Fitz was our leading rusher w 245 yards. That’s hard to comprehend.

Wilson - all for a restructure. He was getting better as season went on.

Charles Harris sucks and is one of the worst 1st round picks in franchise history and that’s a fact. Dion Jordan did more in far fewer games for us than Mr Harris. He’s a joke. Last year we had DEs signed off of the street 5 minutes prior to kickoff who managed to get a sack or two. It’s really embarrassing. I get he’s still cheap- he sucks so badly he might even clear waivers and allow us to sign him to the PS if we wanted to.

Idk I liked tank
Why?

He had, literally, a handful of semi decent games, and even then his technique was horrible. When he wasn't getting flagged for holding, face guarding, or PI, he was getting burned.

Could have been coaching I guess, but they were the same issues he had in college.

That was my impression anyway.

Why?

He had, literally, a handful of semi decent games, and even then his technique was horrible. When he wasn't getting flagged for holding, face guarding, or PI, he was getting burned.

Could have been coaching I guess, but they were the same issues he had in college.

That was my impression anyway.

You think they might move him to Safety in camp like they did Rowe and McCain?

Sound familiar?
Cons
  • Noticeably poor field vision — one of the first things to jump off the tape
  • Displays indecisiveness when met with fast-closing holes
  • Makes for an easy target to line up in the open field
  • Lacks upper-body strength and tackle-breaking ability for someone of his size — only 15 reps on the bench, and goes down too often with first contact
  • Mostly played from unconventional backfield designs

How about Grant? He shouldn’t even be on the team with the group we have and a great wr class to draft from. Plus isn’t he making like 6 mil?

Harris pick - poor scheme fit and evaluation
Ballage not sure what happened since first year was promising - looks like he cant break any tackles - supposed to be a good receiver
Wilson - hold on till you find something better to replace
Tankersley will compete at tryouts

Back
Top Bottom