Fox Sports: Dolphins Team Report

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3649802

This is almost everything we know already. I just like this part:
One of the most intriguing qualities of rookie RB Ronnie Brown is his ability to play multiple positions. In addition to tailback, Brown has lined up at wide receiver and fullback at times during his college career. That versatility could come in handy for the Dolphins, particularly if Ricky Williams returns to the team and can be an effective player this season. Brown and Williams could be on the field, or even the same backfield, at the same time because Brown could be the fullback. This would be a huge upgrade for the Dolphins, who lacked any real threat in the backfield last season after Williams abruptly retired.
This has the potential to be a VERY exciting backfield.

Yes It Does! Then Throw In Boston And Linehan's Offensive System And We May Light It Up

Exactly. I'm envisioning Brown and Ricky in the same backfield with either one being able to split out wide at any time. You couple that with a regular set of Booker, Chambers, and McMike, or a 3 WR set of Booker, Chambers, and Boston, and you got some serious weapons out there.

First of all, the opposing defense can't blitz like it usually does when a RB splits out wide, because there will be a big-time RB still in the backfield ready to burn that with a running play or a middle screen. Second, as a D coordinator, what personnel do you put on the field before the snap if you see Ricky, Ronnie, McMike, Chambers, and either Booker or Boston out there?

You have two running threats in the backfield, so you better stay big on D, but either or both of the running threats can split out wide, which matches them up on either LBs or safeties. Basically the take home message is that that offensive personnel package would be VERY difficult to defense. Now split McMike out wide and you have another mismatch. There would be a LOT of room for versatility in that offense.

I'm getting ready to have my spontaneous orgasm when chambers and boston are lined up opposite each other...and ricky and ronnie are lined up in the backfield...and then they both split out to opposite sides....ohhhhh...there it goes....oh nevermind that's illegal...well they can split out one at a time...it would still impress me.

DeeAy3000 said:
Mismatches will be very abundant

please don't tell me that dolphins fans were telling you that the gators don't play in jacksonville. bills...jets...patriots fans maybe...but dolphins fans should know that the UF/UGA game is in jax every year.

Nublar7 said:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3649802

This is almost everything we know already. I just like this part:
This has the potential to be a VERY exciting backfield.

This has the potential to be a very Saban team! I can't wait to see how it unfolds. If we parish by the Saban or thrive by the Saban, either way it should be more exciting than what we have been used to the last 5 seasons. :D

DeeAy3000 said:
Mismatches will be very abundant

i agree with you as a dolphins fan......BUT As A BULLDAWGS FAN....let me say your sig is quite inaccurate fir this year....cuz them Ga dawgs whomped dat azz this year......You watched it....I know you did.

kpcane said:
please don't tell me that dolphins fans were telling you that the gators don't play in jacksonville. bills...jets...patriots fans maybe...but dolphins fans should know that the UF/UGA game is in jax every year.
This is offtopic ... but, I'm a diehard Fin fan, amd I had no idea that the UGA/UF game was held in Jax, nor did/do I care. Are you assuming that all Fin fans follow all Florida teams? If so, that is a very bad assumption.

very excited about the offensive potential, very excited to see Brown in a one-back offense (at least part-time), not at all excited to see Brown block for Williams. as good a blocker as he may be, seems like a gigantic waste, and it's not what he's getting paid to do. what if he gets blown up and hurt blocking for williams - can you imagine the howling then? as great as it may seem to have them both in the backfield at the same time, maybe someone should show some restraint, and not push our luck.

chuckcole said:
This is offtopic ... but, I'm a diehard Fin fan, amd I had no idea that the UGA/UF game was held in Jax, nor did/do I care. Are you assuming that all Fin fans follow all Florida teams? If so, that is a very bad assumption.

No, I hate the Gators...don't really follow them either. But just because I live in Florida and I watch college football, I know that the game is always in Jax. I'm saying if you live in Florida and don't know that, then there's some screws missing. But then again, I guess there are some non-Florida fins fans too.

cowtowndick said:
very excited about the offensive potential, very excited to see Brown in a one-back offense (at least part-time), not at all excited to see Brown block for Williams. as good a blocker as he may be, seems like a gigantic waste, and it's not what he's getting paid to do. what if he gets blown up and hurt blocking for williams - can you imagine the howling then? as great as it may seem to have them both in the backfield at the same time, maybe someone should show some restraint, and not push our luck.

Remember when Kordell Stewart punted? They didn't put him in there because he was the best punter, or because it was one of his biggest strengths. They just did it to show that he can do it, and that he will do it, just to throw the other team off. I envision Ronnie in the same situation as far as blocking. Maybe 2 or 3 times a game, but it won't be what he's doing most of the time.

I don't see Ronnie Brown blocking too much for Ricky. We have Morris and Evans as blocking fullbacks. When Ricky and Ronnie is on the field at the same time, they'll be used as decoys for one another. This will be very difficult to defend. It's going to be and interesting offense if everyone can stay healthy.

I'll tell you one thing, you line Ricky and Ronnie in the same backfield, then split Ronnie out wide, no defense in the world is going to get a beat on whether its a run or pass. There would be just as much reason to run it as to pass it, and the other way around.

We Are Going To Have One Of The Best Rb Tandem In The Nfl Ever!!!!!! :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

Back
Top Bottom