Fox Sports Mock Draft 8.0 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fox Sports Mock Draft 8.0

Well I stopped reading at Pick #2 where he was talking about Nick Saban's conservative, ball control offense.

Yeah........one hires Scott Linehan to have a conservative ball control offense, they really know their stuff huh?

I agree that we wont run a conservative offense, but Ronnie Brown is a playmaker plain and simple. He is the ultimate playmaker, the best receiver at his position, power and speed. Sorry to burst the bubble, but it is entirely possible Brown is teh pick.

Dont they know we dont have Wanny coaching anymore? Saban has repeatedly stated that he wants an explosive offense..

Void said:
Well I stopped reading at Pick #2 where he was talking about Nick Saban's conservative, ball control offense.

Exactly

rickeyrunsover said:
I agree that we wont run a conservative offense, but Ronnie Brown is a playmaker plain and simple. He is the ultimate playmaker, the best receiver at his position, power and speed. Sorry to burst the bubble, but it is entirely possible Brown is teh pick.

I don't think anyone is disputing the fact that Ronnie Brown could be the pick at #2
We're just arguing that it won't be because he'd fit into a Wanny-style ball control offense...if he's the pick at #2, it'll be because of his versatility.

ghost of marino said:
I don't think anyone is disputing the fact that Ronnie Brown could be the pick at #2
We're just arguing that it won't be because he'd fit into a Wanny-style ball control offense...if he's the pick at #2, it'll be because of his versatility.
I agree... but there are times when I think that Saban would prefer a back like Cadillac. He has elusiveness and excellent vision.

I dunno, we'll see come draft day.

finsnchips said:
I agree... but there are times when I think that Saban would prefer a back like Cadillac. He has elusiveness and excellent vision.

I dunno, we'll see come draft day.

I'm personally not a huge fan of Ronnie Brown. I would much rather we take Caddy or Benson, and hopefully we can get one of them by moving down some.

I can tell you from experience with Saban that he likes a bruising running back more than a scat back. If he picks a running back in the first round I would bet almost anything he would pick Brown over Williams. He made comments over the years at LSU about having big bruising backs like Ally Broussard and Labrandon Toefield. He compliments them with lighter faster backs in certian situations but mostly the running backs with size play more.

KLSU said:
I can tell you from experience with Saban that he likes a bruising running back more than a scat back. If he picks a running back in the first round I would bet almost anything he would pick Brown over Williams. He made comments over the years at LSU about having big bruising backs like Ally Broussard and Labrandon Toefield. He compliments them with lighter faster backs in certian situations but mostly the running backs with size play more.

Williams is not a scat back.
:cooldude:

That was a horrible mock draft, they really dont know there stuff.

Question: Anybody have a comment on which RB, Brown or Williams, is a better blocker? Seems to me that could be very important...

pilotfish said:
Question: Anybody have a comment on which RB, Brown or Williams, is a better blocker? Seems to me that could be very important...

Out of those 2...Brown without a doubt. In fact Brown blocked for Williams (at the FB position) quite often. He's very good at picking up blitzes and reading defenses.

Back
Top Bottom