Fox sports reports about Shaun Alexander.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fox sports reports about Shaun Alexander..

zephon said:
I honestly see Carolina possibly taking Barron but nobody before them. But, he does have the ability to play for the next 10-15 years so someone may decide that's what they want. who knows.:confused:

First possible team not including trade downs I could see considering him is Tennessee.

testtubetimmy said:
Well, considering our cap space before even going into the draft, it was a number one concern. Now we've got breathing room, and i think this guy could give us a bit more.

I agree with you totally about the end of the "star system" (though when was the last time we had a real star? at least, on offense. I dont count "The Betrayer") I think its going to be more of a Patriots style team, where its the TEAM that wins the games, not the QB/RB/WR/etc

I just really really really wanna see Alexander in our backfield! :-(

I guess if RW does come back, we wont need him?
Ok we arent getting shaun or edge. I wish people would get it through their heads. Theyre great players but the ability to manuever the cap gets severely hindered. Not to mention that by doing that you re-establish the star system. Remember that by freeing up 8.4m in cap space we could easily sign 4-5 good players + we'll get a draft pick from the Surt deal. And 5-6 players who will comtribute to the success of the team is always > 1

Jaj said:
First possible team not including trade downs I could see considering him is Tennessee.

good call. I honestly didn't think about Tennessee. If they don't take a QB..if one slipped, possibly rodgers, (big if) then I can certainly see them taking Alex.

zephon said:
good call. I honestly didn't think about Tennessee. If they don't take a QB..if one slipped, possibly rodgers, (big if) then I can certainly see them taking Alex.

Most likely their pick is Carlos Rogers at this point.

Jaj said:

I can see that if Rolle's no there and Aaron Rogers isn't either. I honestly think that CB is their greatest need...actually they have a TON of needs right now because of the salary cap mess they got themselves into....but IF either QB falls to them, of which I think Aaron Rodgers is the most likely, they are going to have to think long and hard. I personally love watching Air McNair but his time is about finished. Yes they have a good backup but I don't see him as a fulltime started able to carry the team. With McNair coming back this year, maybe his last?, CB or LT is the best way to go IF they actually think they can do some damage this year (which I'm not to sure of), but I think they might look to the future....eh...enough about the Titans...sorry guys.

Jaj said:
Rogers @ 6? You must be out of your mind. :roflmao:

zephon said:
I can see that if Rolle's no there and Aaron Rogers isn't either. I honestly think that CB is their greatest need...actually they have a TON of needs right now because of the salary cap mess they got themselves into....but IF either QB falls to them, of which I think Aaron Rodgers is the most likely, they are going to have to think long and hard. I personally love watching Air McNair but his time is about finished. Yes they have a good backup but I don't see him as a fulltime started able to carry the team. With McNair coming back this year, maybe his last?, CB or LT is the best way to go IF they actually think they can do some damage this year (which I'm not to sure of), but I think they might look to the future....eh...enough about the Titans...sorry guys.

Rodgers could make some sense for their spread attack. Norm Chow has seen him a couple times. Actually Rogers is ranked above Rolle right now to most teams. He and Pac-Man are 1a and 1b to teams either looking for man and zone corners, respectively. Rolle is right after those two. The Titans are in a position where it's one pick, good players, yet just they have lost so much that they need 3 #6 overalls to make that team competitive again quickly.

Boik14 said:
Rogers @ 6? You must be out of your mind. :roflmao:

Why not? I've seen a couple of mocks now that have Washington picking him up at #9. In fact I think we might see Rogers go before Pac-Man on draft day.

VanDolPhan said:
Why not? I've seen a couple of mocks now that have Washington picking him up at #9. In fact I think we might see Rogers go before Pac-Man on draft day.
I like Rogers alot but hes just not a top 10 player. Anyone picking him in the top 10 can easily trade down and get him at 12-15 imo.

I also tend to think Washington will go DL given their problems getting Qb pressure last year.

That would be crazy. He would totally destroy our salary cap for years to come. Let him stay Seattle's salary cap issue. We have new coaches and a new system being put in place. We should draft and develop our own players.

Boik14 said:
I like Rogers alot but hes just not a top 10 player. Anyone picking him in the top 10 can easily trade down and get him at 12-15 imo.

I also tend to think Washington will go DL given their problems getting Qb pressure last year.

Says who? Denny Green stated flat out he was a top 10 player. And no they can do that for Rolle not Rogers.

Jaj said:
Says who? Denny Green stated flat out he was a top 10 player. And no they can do that for Rolle not Rogers.
Yeah I can see Green, such an expert on the defensive side of the ball, hyping up players for other teams to take.

And by the way: Rolle > Rogers.

Boik14 said:

Well what you 'see' doesn't always mean reality. I saw Rothlisberger as a top 5 pick last year and the boy slid to 12. Heck most had Philip Rivers going in the 2nd until a week before the draft. All it takes is one team putting all 3 on the board and saying "Well out of these 3 I like this one the best" and that's it.

I personally think Rolle will still be the first one off the boards but I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers is the 2nd CB taken.

testtubetimmy said:
Fox Sports reports about Shaun Alexander that he'll most likely be on another team next season.

Now I understand Saban doesn't like giving away draft picks for FA's. But could this be possible?

We trade out of the 2nd pick with Minn. We get two of their number ones, then trade one to Seattle for Alexander. Then we use the other to pick up a reciever.

Then, if we have recieved a 2nd rounder from KC, we perhaps grab McPherson.

In 2 rounds, we'd have ourselves a young reciever, a talented quarterback and an experienced running back.

im not sure how much better we could do then that.

EDIT: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3547856 theres the link

2nd is way too high for McPherson. I wouldnt risk anything more than a 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom