Fox sports reports about Shaun Alexander.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fox sports reports about Shaun Alexander..

Boik14 said:
If saban cleared it out bigtime why do we only have like 2m in cap space?

On top of that, when Saban took over I think that signaled the end of the "star system" we've had in place here for too long. i think we're going to see an emphasis on depth and quality backups more then we have in the past and a de-emphasis on spending a ton of money to keep overrated starters. Its going to be much more about drafting well and developing players then in the past and trying to find FA's with something to play for and who are hungry then guys who just happen to be good.

I could not have said it better. This year Saban knows the players in the draft pretty well since he has played against them and I would not be surprised if we do not trade all of our 1st rounds for later picks so we can build the team without having to pay the 1s round $$$. Only time will tell:)

I would only trade for Shaun Alexander if we picked up multiple second round picks. In which case I'd trade one of them to the Seahawks. We need a RB, but Alexander would come at a high price with wear and tear. I'd rather a rookie, whether it be one of the '3' or a guy like Fason or Gore.

Back
Top Bottom