Fox sports reports about Shaun Alexander.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fox sports reports about Shaun Alexander..

testtubetimmy

Supreme Lord Emperor
Reaction score
Fox Sports reports about Shaun Alexander that he'll most likely be on another team next season.

Now I understand Saban doesn't like giving away draft picks for FA's. But could this be possible?

We trade out of the 2nd pick with Minn. We get two of their number ones, then trade one to Seattle for Alexander. Then we use the other to pick up a reciever.

Then, if we have recieved a 2nd rounder from KC, we perhaps grab McPherson.

In 2 rounds, we'd have ourselves a young reciever, a talented quarterback and an experienced running back.

im not sure how much better we could do then that.

EDIT: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3547856 theres the link

Trade one of the 1sts for Alexander? That's just stupid...

There is no point.

The 7 is destined to bring us Brown or Williams.

The 18th can be used to swing a deal for someone else in the draft or just be used on a DE like Pollack or Erasmus James.

Jaj said:
Trade one of the 1sts for Alexander? That's just stupid...

There is no point.

The 7 is destined to bring us Brown or Williams.

The 18th can be used to swing a deal for someone else in the draft or just be used on a DE like Pollack or Erasmus James.
What he said. Plus it would only re-clog our cap which defeats the whole purpose of dealing surtain in the 1st place.

Alexander will just be a dissapointment here, Rb's that go from amazing O-lines to bad ones always are he will just be our Portis

Plus Seattle has already said they would take less than a first. Plus why put all that money into a back when we can get one a few years younger with more tread on the tire and pay him less. Doesnt work to trade for Alexander or Edge anymore.

I agree with the cap situation. But Saban cleared it out big time and can do just a bit more for Alexander.

Im not sure if it would be a bust. Alexander has NFL experience. Any one of these RBs could be a bust.

Then again, any could be phenomenal. Its all chances.

Guess I just want to see Alexander in a fins jersey. He did say awhile ago that he wanted to play for Saban.

Maybe our second we get from KC?

He's probably going to end up being traded during the draft to either Carolina or Houston, most likely Houston. Henry most likely will go to Zona or TB. Zona won't get Alexander from Seattle though. I could see the Bears, Houston, or Carolina being interested.

JAREDMANN said:
Alexander will just be a dissapointment here, Rb's that go from amazing O-lines to bad ones always are he will just be our Portis

Im banking on our OLINE being amazing this year, or at least a ton better with HH and Linehan.

Well...maybe not banking. perhaps more like...praying?

testtubetimmy said:
I agree with the cap situation. But Saban cleared it out big time and can do just a bit more for Alexander.

Im not sure if it would be a bust. Alexander has NFL experience. Any one of these RBs could be a bust.

Then again, any could be phenomenal. Its all chances.

Guess I just want to see Alexander in a fins jersey. He did say awhile ago that he wanted to play for Saban.

Maybe our second we get from KC?
If saban cleared it out bigtime why do we only have like 2m in cap space?

On top of that, when Saban took over I think that signaled the end of the "star system" we've had in place here for too long. i think we're going to see an emphasis on depth and quality backups more then we have in the past and a de-emphasis on spending a ton of money to keep overrated starters. Its going to be much more about drafting well and developing players then in the past and trying to find FA's with something to play for and who are hungry then guys who just happen to be good.

Jaj said:
He's probably going to end up being traded during the draft to either Carolina or Houston, most likely Houston. Henry most likely will go to Zona or TB. Zona won't get Alexander from Seattle though. I could see the Bears, Houston, or Carolina being interested.
Im not so sure. i can see Houston going RB if Barron and Williamson are gone.

Boik14 said:
If saban cleared it out bigtime why do we only have like 2m in cap space?

On top of that, when Saban took over I think that signaled the end of the "star system" we've had in place here for too long. i think we're going to see an emphasis on depth and quality backups more then we have in the past and a de-emphasis on spending a ton of money to keep overrated starters. Its going to be much more about drafting well and developing players then in the past and trying to find FA's with something to play for and who are hungry then guys who just happen to be good.

Well, considering our cap space before even going into the draft, it was a number one concern. Now we've got breathing room, and i think this guy could give us a bit more.

I agree with you totally about the end of the "star system" (though when was the last time we had a real star? at least, on offense. I dont count "The Betrayer") I think its going to be more of a Patriots style team, where its the TEAM that wins the games, not the QB/RB/WR/etc

I just really really really wanna see Alexander in our backfield! :-(

I guess if RW does come back, we wont need him?

IF we did make a trade for Alexander, who I don't want, I think something along the lines of a 3rd next year with clauses that push it to a 2nd depending on production. That said, I'd rather draft Caddy or wait until the 3rd or 4th round to look at RB.

Boik14 said:
Im not so sure. i can see Houston going RB if Barron and Williamson are gone.

Who the heck is Barron going to go to. Chargers are going D with their 1st pick, probably Spears. Nobody else that will take Barron unless we trade down around 10.

Jaj said:
Who the heck is Barron going to go to. Chargers are going D with their 1st pick, probably Spears. Nobody else that will take Barron unless we trade down around 10.
I could see Cleveland dropping a few slots to get him and a few more picks.

Jaj said:

I honestly see Carolina possibly taking Barron but nobody before them. But, he does have the ability to play for the next 10-15 years so someone may decide that's what they want. who knows.:confused:

Back
Top Bottom