Fox: Team report | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fox: Team report

ckparrothead said:
One thing that strikes me is that while Braylon Edwards is clearly being considered the best player in the draft by a good number of scouts and coaches, excepting that QB is commonly thought to be the wisest choice at the top of the first round, the number of scouts and coaches out there who feel Ronnie Brown is the best player in the entire draft are a severe minority...if they exist at all.

Clearly, when it comes to ranking these guys in talent level, Braylon is ahead of Ronnie in I would say probably 31 out of 32 teams' draft boards (with there always being ONE team that has a whacky list). If Saban keeps saying we're going to address the pick with the BEST player available, and if he actually means it, I'm starting to be of the belief that player is Braylon Edwards. It's a position that Saban clearly favors, and we've neglected to go out there and find ourselves a 3rd WR despite the fact that Linehan CLEARLY favors 3-WR sets. Derrius Thompson does not present an explosive option as a 3rd WR, given the players we have at #1 and #2 WR.

In the end, I think we'll listen very closely to see if anyone will trade down with us. If not, I would be willing to stake a fair amount that we take Braylon Edwards.

I know that people like to attribute the knock of Braylon losing concentration at times. And there is some truth to it.

But I think if that is the biggest knock on his game it is certainly something that could be easily remedied with some good coaching.

(Not that Lloyd Carr is a slouch)

But the thing I like most about Edwards is how he always shows up when you need him.

His numbers against OSU which is by far Michigan's biggest game are out standing. Double digit catches, 100+ yards and TD`s .

Same with the bowl games.

There is nobody else in this draft I would rather go into Foxboro with in December, IMO.

I wouldnt mind Edwards at #2 but our OL is really gonna have to come together if we're gonna try and get it done with only Gordon and Morris in the backfield!

Chambers, Edwards, Booker, McMichael, Thompson, Gordon, and Morris!

No excuses for Feeley this year!

Shifty187 said:
if we're gonna try and get it done with only Gordon and Morris in the backfield!

plus the best Tailback available at # 70. (3rd round)

Or trade that 3rd to Buffalo for Travis Henry.

That would give us Braylon Edwards, Adrian McPherson and Travis Henry.

I bet we make the Divisional playoff`s if that happened.

I just hope AZ keeps BS`ing the Bills about a trade and instead takes Benson.

Leaving the Bills stuck with Henry.

HVACservice said:
If you ever get a minute (or hour) .....

I could use one.

:)

Don't laugh too hard :tongue:

clear.gif

ckparrothead said:
One thing that strikes me is that while Braylon Edwards is clearly being considered the best player in the draft by a good number of scouts and coaches, excepting that QB is commonly thought to be the wisest choice at the top of the first round, the number of scouts and coaches out there who feel Ronnie Brown is the best player in the entire draft are a severe minority...if they exist at all.

Clearly, when it comes to ranking these guys in talent level, Braylon is ahead of Ronnie in I would say probably 31 out of 32 teams' draft boards (with there always being ONE team that has a whacky list). If Saban keeps saying we're going to address the pick with the BEST player available, and if he actually means it, I'm starting to be of the belief that player is Braylon Edwards. It's a position that Saban clearly favors, and we've neglected to go out there and find ourselves a 3rd WR despite the fact that Linehan CLEARLY favors 3-WR sets. Derrius Thompson does not present an explosive option as a 3rd WR, given the players we have at #1 and #2 WR.

In the end, I think we'll listen very closely to see if anyone will trade down with us. If not, I would be willing to stake a fair amount that we take Braylon Edwards.
I totally agree with you, but lately I start to believe that Mike Williams is more consistent then Braylon. Braylon is faster, but for some reason i think that Williams is a better pick....I can be wrong tho.

HVACservice said:
If we could grab Braylon at #2.

Then McPherson with our second from KC.

Add Fason, Barber or Arrington in the third.

That would be some "instant offense".

Something we have sorely lacked around here for years.

I would be thrilled if things worked out that way. It would definately give our offense a shot in the arm and give Feeley every chance in the world to succeed.

first&goal said:
I totally agree with you, but lately I start to believe that Mike Williams is more consistent then Braylon. Braylon is faster, but for some reason i think that Williams is a better pick....I can be wrong tho.

We could all be wrong.

Nobody knows for sure.....like Saban eluded to yesterday.

But Williams maturity, speed and weight all concern me more then any of the knocks on Braylon.

Not to mention a year off....playing against less then top tier talent...etc.

no offense to anyones preferences or opinions, I will be happy when draft day has gone and past. I'll be happy with whomever Saban chooses. Just wish it would happen sooner.

HVACservice said:
If we could grab Braylon at #2.

Then McPherson with our second from KC.

Add Fason, Barber or Arrington in the third.

That would be some "instant offense".

Something we have sorely lacked around here for years.
:clap:

I like Benson and Brown, but I like Edwards just as much. When I think about the draft and how it will play out, I am starting to thing we should take Braylon at #2 if we can't trade down. Then at worst we have another very good young WR on the team. And possibly, someone might want to trade for him after we draft him(like the giants did for Eli, except we wouldn't get as much in return, still a lot though).

Dolfan73 said:
no offense to anyones preferences or opinions, I will be happy when draft day has gone and past. I'll be happy with whomever Saban chooses. Just wish it would happen sooner.
True, but a lot of the fun the draft creates are times like now where we have fun speculating. After the draft, all we got before Training camp is a few mini camps(QB Schools) and the June 1st cuts. It gets real boring in that time.

Also, I would absolutley love to have Edwards on our team. He would finally make our Offense really exciting. I would be OK with any of these players at the #2 spot:

Braylon Edwards
Mike Williams
Ronnie Brown
Cedric Benson
Carnell Williams
Alex Smith
Aaron Rodgers

Players I would be upset with at #2:

Derrick Johnson
Antrel Rolle
Alex Barron

I agree with Nublar, except for Alex Smith. But everyone is entitled to thier opinion(including me, so don't bash, cuz I don't like Smith that much).

Frisches13283 said:
I agree with Nublar, except for Alex Smith. But everyone is entitled to thier opinion(including me, so don't bash, cuz I don't like Smith that much).
Smith does come with questions, I will give you that. I don't see Smith as in instant starter(I think it will take at least 2 years of experience to really get going), but I see a lot of potential in him.

Back
Top Bottom