Fox: Team report | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fox: Team report

I'll agree with that Nublar, if he doesn't get a lot of unplanned starts in the first 2 years, I would be more okay with it. However I just don't see us giving him that time(although I trust Saban), and I think Rodgers could coem in after only a year.

I don't mind taking Braylon, but only if we can somehow get the extra pick to pick up J.J. Arrington. He will not last until the 3rd round and he's as close to the next Running Back after the big 3 that I think will be very productive at the next level. An improved O-Line, A year better and more experienced A.J. Feeley, along with Chambers, Booker, McMichael, Edwards, and Gordon and Arrington in the backfield would give us a very improved Offense.

I think Braylon Edwards really sounds like another Terrell Owens. Does he run with the ball in his hands really well like TO?

One knock on TO is that at some of the most confusing moments he'll lose concentration and drop the easy ones. That has always been the knock on him. But, I remember when the 49ers needed a play in the playoffs against I think it was the Green Bay Packers, in the endzone, it was TO making that absolutely incredible catch in the endzone, through traffic, being hit...and it was TO bawling like a baby after the game apologizing to his teammates for the drops he had earlier in the game.

If Braylon Edwards most compares to Terrell Owens, the guy is someone that could make us happy for a long time. And, I think Miami would be a good situation for him to walk into as well, where he would clearly be the #3 WR for his rookie season, and we could get him acclimated to the game while in the presence of established veteran WRs who can get the job done.

I thought the time might be right for Miami to take a QB. I'm still hoping for Aaron Rodgers. But, that is not how Saban has won. He's one with WRs that make plays, good offensive line play, and an excellent defense. In Saban I'll trust, for now.

ckparrothead said:
I think Braylon Edwards really sounds like another Terrell Owens. Does he run with the ball in his hands really well like TO?

"Will not hesitate to go vertical to make the catch … Has the long stride and acceleration to gain good yardage after the catch … Very effective stalk-and-position blocker who shows aggression when taking on the edge rusher … Shows the strength to defeat press coverage and dictate the progression of the route".- NFL.com

I remember him making DJ look foolish chasing him around during the Rose Bowl after that 10 yard slant that turned into a forty yard TD catch.

I like the chances with Edwards. With all the 1st round Michigan WR busts: Desmond Howard (great KR), Derrick Alexander, and David Terrell the odds are Braylon Edwards has to turn out great.

HVACservice said:
plus the best Tailback available at # 70. (3rd round)

No way. This is a good year for center prospects and one or 2 real good ones will be there when we pick :)

VanDolPhan said:
No way. This is a good year for center prospects and one or 2 real good ones will be there when we pick :)

I wont argue with that.

Good point.

But Houck might be able to make a Wade Smith a decent center.

If not worst case scenario, bring in Jason Ball to back up McKinney?

Heck I dont know......

But the only Offensive lineman I would consider passing over McPherson for at the #46 pick is probably Bass.

If David Bass and Adrian McPherson were available at #46.....

I would have to flip a coin.

Maybe Saban will just hope Ben Wilkerson is there in the 3RD.

who knows.....

No way. This is a good year for center prospects and one or 2 real good ones will be there when we pick

Everyone has their own hunch. Personally, I believe that Miami will use either their 3rd or 4th rounder on a DT, since we're set to play the 4-3 and have virtually no healthy DTs on the team. I also believe Saban will draft at least 1 more linebacker than everyone thinks he needs to, he will draft a defensive back if not two, and he may, I say may, take a RB or a QB, but probably not both. Can't do all this unless he acquires some more picks though. Assuming he gets a 2nd rounder for Surtain and is forced to keep the #2 pick, I would say he picks Braylon Edwards, a DT, an OL, and a CB in the top 4 rounds...the ordering just depends on who is available when.

ckparrothead said:
Everyone has their own hunch. Personally, I believe that Miami will use either their 3rd or 4th rounder on a DT, since we're set to play the 4-3 and have virtually no healthy DTs on the team. I also believe Saban will draft at least 1 more linebacker than everyone thinks he needs to, he will draft a defensive back if not two, and he may, I say may, take a RB or a QB, but probably not both. Can't do all this unless he acquires some more picks though. Assuming he gets a 2nd rounder for Surtain and is forced to keep the #2 pick, I would say he picks Braylon Edwards, a DT, an OL, and a CB in the top 4 rounds...the ordering just depends on who is available when.
Yeah i kind of agree with that but instead maybe taking a Rb 1st then, a dt, a wr, then an o-lineman. Don't really know though.

I'll be happy with anyone apart from a defensive player. ( DJ would be ok)

But IMO they would have to start the first season, even if they are a QB. There would be no point in keeping Feeley or Frerrote on the field instead of putting Rodgers or Smith on.

Dolfan2788 said:
I'll be happy with anyone apart from a defensive player. ( DJ would be ok)

But IMO they would have to start the first season, even if they are a QB. There would be no point in keeping Feeley or Frerrote on the field instead of putting Rodgers or Smith on.

Give Feeley one more year.......

We are not supposed to contend this year anyway.

Lets target other positions this year and give Feeley a fighting chance.

Let McPherson learn the system for a year.......

And if Feeley sucks......

Well....McPherson would be ready to start his second season in the NFL.

HVACservice said:
Give Feeley one more year.......

We are not supposed to contend this year anyway.

Lets target other positions this year and give Feeley a fighting chance.

Let McPherson learn the system for a year.......

And if Feeley sucks......

Well....McPherson would be ready to start his second season in the NFL.

If we pick Rodgers of Smith I want them under centre for the first snap of the Dolphins season. If we don't pick them then I am fine with Feeley starting.

Dolfan2788 said:
If we pick Rodgers of Smith I want them under centre for the first snap of the Dolphins season.

Id take my time with them and just let him be #3 behind Feeley and a Veteran for 2005. (Unless we needed a spark late in the season)

IMO

ckparrothead said:
Everyone has their own hunch. Personally, I believe that Miami will use either their 3rd or 4th rounder on a DT, since we're set to play the 4-3 and have virtually no healthy DTs on the team. I also believe Saban will draft at least 1 more linebacker than everyone thinks he needs to, he will draft a defensive back if not two.
I agree...with the exception of Derrick Pope & Will Poole, the Fins don't seem to have very many good young defensive players with potential...especially on the D-line.

HVACservice said:
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040818/040818_braylon_edwards_hmed.hmedium.jpg

thats cool...... :D

Beggers cant be choosers, but can you use this pick instead?

Either way........THANKS!!!!!!

How's this?

clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom