Fox: Team report | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fox: Team report

As the days go on. it seems like that Saban is going to IMO draft Edwards. Since we do need a deep threat WR and with the offense that Lienhan brings, we will have a 3 WR set.

Get WR then RB

I would be very happy drafting either Williams or Edwards with the #2 pick and then drafting a RB later in the draft, especially since there seems to be very good depth at the RB position.:up:

The Dolphins also have scouted former Florida State QB Adrian McPherson, who put on a show at his workout but is dogged by gambling allegations from his college days and will be a mid- to late-round pick.

:yes:

i like edwards. chambers, booker, edwards, mcmichael,fason/jj arrington would be tough

I would be very happy drafting either Williams or Edwards with the #2 pick and then drafting a RB later in the draft, especially since there seems to be very good depth at the RB position.
i agree 100 %

First it looked like we were picking Cedric, then Alex or Ronnie, and now Braylon. We change every week.

Dolphin39 said:
I would be very happy drafting either Williams or Edwards with the #2 pick and then drafting a RB later in the draft, especially since there seems to be very good depth at the RB position.:up:

double thumbs up, i'm starting to jump off the RB wagon just for value's sake

Ohio Fanatic said:
double thumbs up, i'm starting to jump off the RB wagon just for value's sake

Yeah, I've been rethinking my thoughts on taking Brown and leaning towards Edwards. With all the RB's in the draft, and the fact that we still have Gordon on the team, maybe WR would be the best pick at #1. I don't know. It's a hard decision and I'm glad I'm not the one making it for real.

If we could grab Braylon at #2.

Then McPherson with our second from KC.

Add Fason, Barber or Arrington in the third.

That would be some "instant offense".

Something we have sorely lacked around here for years.

Just follow your board and you'll be fine.

If you have a guy rated as the best player at that spot, take him and then sort out the depth chart later on.
Drafting for need always kills teams. Every year RB's go later and later and turn out to be studs.

If we have Edwards as the best player, take him.

HVACservice said:
If we could grab Braylon at #2.

Then McPherson with our second from KC.

And Fason, Barber or Arrington in the third.

That would be some "instant offense".

Something we have sorely lacked around here for years.

Sure sounds good to me. I don't want to have to redo my sig, I spent lots of time on it. :lol:

T tes said:
First it looked like we were picking Cedric, then Alex or Ronnie, and now Braylon. We change every week.
That's what Saban wants us to think, and he's doing a really good job at it.

One thing that strikes me is that while Braylon Edwards is clearly being considered the best player in the draft by a good number of scouts and coaches, excepting that QB is commonly thought to be the wisest choice at the top of the first round, the number of scouts and coaches out there who feel Ronnie Brown is the best player in the entire draft are a severe minority...if they exist at all.

Clearly, when it comes to ranking these guys in talent level, Braylon is ahead of Ronnie in I would say probably 31 out of 32 teams' draft boards (with there always being ONE team that has a whacky list). If Saban keeps saying we're going to address the pick with the BEST player available, and if he actually means it, I'm starting to be of the belief that player is Braylon Edwards. It's a position that Saban clearly favors, and we've neglected to go out there and find ourselves a 3rd WR despite the fact that Linehan CLEARLY favors 3-WR sets. Derrius Thompson does not present an explosive option as a 3rd WR, given the players we have at #1 and #2 WR.

In the end, I think we'll listen very closely to see if anyone will trade down with us. If not, I would be willing to stake a fair amount that we take Braylon Edwards.

byroan said:
Sure sounds good to me. I don't want to have to redo my sig, I spent lots of time on it. :lol:

If you ever get a minute (or hour) .....

I could use one.

:)

Back
Top Bottom