3. Tennessee :lol:
4. Miami :rolleyes:
5. Ohio State
6. Georgia :confused:
7. Michigan
8. Florida
9. Texas
10. Virginia Tech

Some very interesting picks if you ask me. Not sure how LSU can be ranked that high after Saban left. And how Georgia is rated that high after losing their starting QB, both starting WRs, and their top 3 starting defenders is beyond me. I'm so ready for this season to start and show how overrated Tennessee is.

Where in God's name is Oklahoma!!!! FOX needs get there stuff together. LSU number 2, ok they r unproven cause tehy suked last year with Saban. Tennessee isnt that overated but tehy deserve to be in the top 10. Cmon Oklahoma show all those critics taht we are college football. BOOMER SOONER!

46. West Virginia
The West Virginia formula of rushing production and tough, hard-nosed defense should continue this year even with some major turnover. It's easy to rebuild when the lines are strong, and both should be among the Big East's best. The secondary will be rock-solid even without Jones, and there's a good backfield to rely on. There are major question marks at receiver, quarterback and linebacker, but these areas aren't so bad that Mountaineer football will fall off the map.
Relative strength: Offensive line Relative Weakness: Receiver
Star of the team: FS Jahmile Addae, Sr. Key game: Oct. 15 vs. Louisville

wow! :yell:

we were ranked high as 6th last year. I guess losing pacman, kay-jay, chris henry, and rasheed marshall dropped us pretty bad!

My personal favorite is the fact that they have LSU ranked second in the nation yet have their weakness listed as QB. :shakeno:

Fresno State #33:woot:

84. South Florida
Led by running back Andre Hall and speedy, 6-5 receiver Johnny Peyton, the offense should be better as long as there's better production at quarterback. The defense should rebound after taking last year off with one of the Big East's better linebacking corps. If all the parts come together, this could be the league's sleeper team, or at least be good enough to tick off the favorites.
Relative strength: Running back Relative Weakness: Quarterback
Star of the team: RB Andre Hall, Sr. Key game: Sept. 24 vs. Louisville

2005 Preview: South Florida

11. Florida State
They're certain to at least be ranked in everyone's preseason top 15, but there are more holes on the 2005 Seminoles than a golf course. Even with all the issues, this could still be considered an underrated team in many ways. For some reason, Leon Washington isn't getting his just due as one of the nation's best running backs. There's million dollar talent from recent recruiting classes sure to keep the Noles in the ACC title hunt for years to come looking like a preseason top three team for 2007. This is probably the third best team in the ACC behind Coastal Divisioners Miami and Virginia Tech, but it's still not a lock to win the new Atlantic Division.
Relative strength: Linebacker Relative Weakness: Quarterback
Star of the team: LB Ernie Sims, Jr. Key game: Sept. 17th at Boston College

48. Notre Dame
Let's take the team-is-half-full approach and say new head coach Charlie Weis and his staff can make the offense explode. It's not all that far-fetched to think Brady Quinn can be a 3,000-yard passer with a veteran line to work behind and talented, but underperforming, receivers to throw to. As opposed to the conservative style under Ty Willingham, Weis should open it up more. It's likely the Irish will get into shootouts and end up being able to outbomb some of the better teams.
Relative strength: Offensive line Relative Weakness: Secondary
Star of the team: QB Brady Quinn, Jr. Key game: Sept. 3 at Pittsburgh

Sportscenter just broke down there top 5 and they had LSU at 2 also I believe. I missed most of the list, so Ill have to catch it again tonight. Tomorrow they are going to breakdown 5 teams that could be surpises in the up coming season.

29. Missouri Tigers, I think they are going to win the Big 12 North this year

28. Louisville Cardinals, :confused:

33. Fresno St., Much slept on team

35. Maryland, Sleeper team to win the ACC;)

40. Michigan St., Drew Stanton and the Spartans should be tough

68. Washington, Ty Willingham has a chance to re-establish himself as one of the top coaches in College Football. 19 returning starters!

78. Memphis:mad:

DonShula84 said:
Sportscenter just broke down there top 5 and they had LSU at 2 also I believe. I missed most of the list, so Ill have to catch it again tonight. Tomorrow they are going to breakdown 5 teams that could be surpises in the up coming season.

ESPN had #% IOWA, #4 Virginia Tech, #3 Michigan, #2 LSU and USC #1

DonShula84 said:
Tomorrow they are going to breakdown 5 teams that could be surpises in the up coming season.

Did ya catch that I forgot about it?

SpeedRush99 said:
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/3732292

1. USC
2. LSU :eek:
3. Tennessee :lol:
4. Miami :rolleyes:
5. Ohio State
6. Georgia :confused:
7. Michigan
8. Florida
9. Texas
10. Virginia Tech
what's the problem? all of those make sense. LSU has had two huge recruiting years in a row now, and les miles is a solid coach. tennessee looked great last year with a bunch of underclassmen and no QB, they should be MUCH better this year. miami is always going to be up there; the defense has just about all of the starters returning, and the offense has a lot returning as well (except for QB, of course...). georgia is the only really questionable one there...i'd move them down, move florida to #8 and bring in Louisville to round out the top 10

for the sooner fan...oklahoma lost almost every single major contributor on their team...they don't deserve a top 15 ranking at all

kastofsna120 said:
what's the problem? all of those make sense. LSU has had two huge recruiting years in a row now, and les miles is a solid coach. tennessee looked great last year with a bunch of underclassmen and no QB, they should be MUCH better this year. miami is always going to be up there; the defense has just about all of the starters returning, and the offense has a lot returning as well (except for QB, of course...). georgia is the only really questionable one there...i'd move them down, move florida to #8 and bring in Louisville to round out the top 10

for the sooner fan...oklahoma lost almost every single major contributor on their team...they don't deserve a top 15 ranking at all

K I agree with ya, but all tehy lost was 2 lineman, QB, 3 recievers, but OU also had a great recruting season, they got, as far as I know, a good reciever, some great lineman from up north, and the new QB Rhett Bomar is awesome. Imagine when Jason White could run and when he could throw that is Rhett Bomar. Also Paul thompson is VERY fast. And Adrian Peterson, need I say more?

Back
Top Bottom