Franchise happy Saban gone? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Franchise happy Saban gone?

wow the rumors are comming out now.. maybe saban gone isnt so bad afterall

You know, I have been thinking this as well. I didn't know all the specifics, but it sure didn't look like anyone with the franchise was going to bat for him or coming to his defense asking him to stay. WH may have done a little, but I think that is because he felt obligated. In the end this will be good for us, a balance of power is always better.

I know that none of them were aloud to talk, but wasn't that part of the problem....

I think have let him go instead of firing him and having to pay him the remainder of his contract over the next 3 years.

Something still isn't quite right in Denmark. I can't believe that the staff he assembled flat out hated working for him. I'm not buying into this article 100%. There was something underlying going on to make such a perfectionest leave a job a loser.

Perhaps Wayne helped push him out the door.

http://sportsline.com/columns/weblogs/entry/9902221

I think there's a bit of credence to that article. Here is something that PFT posted last week:

SABAN RUMORS CONTINUE TO TAKE ROOT
Although Fins coach Nick Saban now says that he won't make any further comment regarding the vacant gig with the same title at the University of Alabama, league circles continue to be buzzing regarding the possibility that Saban will take the job.
In fact, some folks in the know are no longer calling it a "possibility" -- they regard it as virtually a done deal.
Adding fuel to the fire are accounts that Saban is not liked by the staff (not a surprise) or by the owner (definitely a surprise).
And the consensus is that rumors of a sale of the team will be enough to provide Saban with a face-saving avenue out of Miami, since he'll say (as we and others believe) that he came to the NFL to work for Wayne Huizenga and that he's not comfortable working for another owner.
So we believe that, at this point, the only thing that will keep Saban from leaving is an extension to his contract, which currently has three seasons remaining on it.

If that article is true....I have to admit I had no idea Saban was that bad internally. I've seen his press conferences and seen how he reacts to the media, but had no idea he was disliked interenally. Wow, it is better he's gone if thats the case...

There was a story when he left Mich. State for LSU he sent a plan to pick up any asst. coaches who wanted to work for him and not one got on the plane.

I absolutely believe every word of that article. EXCEPT for the part that he left only for the money. I think he left because he knew he was not going to succeed in the NFL. He's right. He didn't and he wouldn't have.

Wayne knew his heart wasnt with this team, so he basically told him to go if thats what he wanted to do.

You cant have head coach/GM here that does not want to be here.

wow, its theres truth to all this then wow. I'm not sure what was going on inside, but this is interesting.

Sounds like WH said, more or less;

"You have a contract, and, I expect you to live up to the deal you signed.
I will not renegotiate, and, I will not beg you to stay if you want to go."

It's good he got the deal he got from Bama, 'cause he'll never again
be an NFL HC.

Back
Top Bottom