Frank Gore Wants To Show Kenyan Drake A Few Things | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Frank Gore Wants To Show Kenyan Drake A Few Things

Coach_Rob

Club Member
Reaction score
gettyimages-900138496-e1523813218445.jpg

Getty Images
Frank Gore is back in Miami, but he’s not ready to retire.

The Miami native and University of Miami alum signed with the Dolphins for his 14th NFL season and he plans to put that experience to use as more than just a ballcarrier in head coach Adam Gase’s offense. Gore also sees an opportunity to impart some of what he’s learned over the years to Miami’s third-year back Kenyan Drake.

“I can show him a lot of things, on and off the field, the way to be a pro,” Gore said, via the team’s website. “Just show him the way I work and why I’ve lasted so long to play this game at a high level. When I watched him, he’s a very quick and fast guy. I think that one-two punch will be very nice for this team.”

Drake closed strong in 2017 with 444 yards on 91 carries in the final five games of the season, but only had 19 carries in the first half of the year as he was stuck behind Jay Ajayi on the depth chart. Ajayi is in Philly now, which leaves Gore as the other contender for work at running back. How much of it he’ll get may come down to how much his mentoring helps Drake as the team gets ready for the 2018 season.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/15/frank-gore-wants-to-show-kenyan-drake-a-few-things/

Cant wait for this duo. Hopefully Frank still has some in the tank

Frank is talking about a one two punch and Drake is talking about being the featured back. It's real early, but any idea how playing time is going to be divided? Frank might want a bigger piece of the pie.

This thread title made me think of seedy back rooms, leather binds, and lotion.

Frank is talking about a one two punch and Drake is talking about being the featured back. It's real early, but any idea how playing time is going to be divided? Frank might want a bigger piece of the pie.
This is all opinion, but from what I've read and heard since Gore signed with the Fins, he is positively here to A) Play in his hometown B) Mentor Drake in every aspect of profesionnal football. Im willing to bet real money that we will not hear about Gore wanting more carries or being a distraction in any way shape or form in 2018 with the Fins...

Reading all of the hype on Gore, I guess I'm in the minority of people who believe the guy doesnt have anything left in the tank. I see this as a similar signing as Arian Foster. Granted, he did get hurt before retiring midseason, but there was a lot of hype when we signed him. He was done.

Reading all of the hype on Gore, I guess I'm in the minority of people who believe the guy doesnt have anything left in the tank. I see this as a similar signing as Arian Foster. Granted, he did get hurt before retiring midseason, but there was a lot of hype when we signed him. He was done.

He is the same type of signing, good catch. I would also say it looks very similar to the Amendola signing.... I see it as adding quality vets into unexperienced position goups with alot of potential... Our Wrs and RBs are still young, they could benefit from the knowledge and experience Amendola and Gore provide. Just speculating here but Im pretty certain neither of those 2 expect a starting role in 2018...

I look at this signing and the Amendola signing for that matter as adding depth but also teaching a young team how to be professionals in this league. I Gore going to be a distraction? IMO no, but I do believe he will want to carry some of the load in this offense, maybe 60-40 split.

He was a top 15 back last year with almost 1K behind the Colts Horrible 32 or 31 ranked O-line with no Luck. I would say he is far from done and can be a very good back up RB or even starter over 17 other starting RBs from last year.

Don't get me wrong I want him to be the back up but I don't see him the same as Fosters as seeing he has remained healthy for the last 12yrs or so.

With the Gore and Amendola signings, I think Gase is preparing his team to have enough depth to punishment-bench players who underperform without cutting players outright.

Basically Gase will say “this guy is over 30 and has lost a step, but he does what I want, so he gets playing time.”

I could see Gase getting a lot of flack for rage-cutting/trading players to get his locker rooms attention. Maybe the FO has allowed Gase a few players/cap room to avoid this in the future, while adding depth to the roster. The culture change theme just happened to fit.

I guess to an extent it could be the same idea with the offensive line but in that case we just acquired vets with skill. Not really over the hill except for age. I hope...

He is the same type of signing, good catch. I would also say it looks very similar to the Amendola signing.... I see it as adding quality vets into unexperienced position goups with alot of potential... Our Wrs and RBs are still young, they could benefit from the knowledge and experience Amendola and Gore provide. Just speculating here but Im pretty certain neither of those 2 expect a starting role in 2018...

And I'm happy they are here for that role in particular. Veteran leadership is necessary to a young team. I have no issue with him here, I just get the feeling a lot of people see him as the back he was 10 years ago.

Gore is a class guy with elite vision. If he hadn't shredded his knees in college he would have been one of the best RBs to play the game, imo. His combination of balance, feet, and breakaway speed was breathtaking. LaDanian Tomlinson-esque. I mean, he averaged more than nine yards a carry as a true freshman.

Anyway, Drake is a brittle guy who runs like an angry wasp flies -- at full speed and into things, rather than around them. Hopefully Gore can teach him patience. That's what Drake needs.

Back
Top Bottom