franklin vs. wilfork | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

franklin vs. wilfork

2413fanphins

Active Roster
Reaction score
I find myself eagerly anticipating the feb 25th date to have the franchise tags in. I was hoping to find fellow finheavener's opinions on who you'd rather have if by a miracle both become available. the more I read about franklin, the more I am apt to believe he will be given the tag for sure.
I read awhile ago, that wilfork would have been tagged immediately if the pats thought there was no way they could work out a longterm deal. Here we sit just 6 days away, and still neither of them have been tagged. (to my knowledge)

How do they compare agewise? talentwise? who could be had cheaper?

I have a tendency to think that wilfork would be more welcomed here by fellow fans, with his connection to the U, but perhaps nolan would be more ready to welcome franklin... at any rate, I have a hunch we would all welcome either of the two rather than neither of the two....

I thought Franklin was already tagged.

Not yet...its suppost to happen any day now (http://content.usatoday.com/communi...-place-franchise-tag-on-dt-aubrayo-franklin/1)...I think Wilfork will be tagged too. The tag number for a DT is at $7 million...thats a bargain for either of these two. NE and SF would be absolutely STUPID to not tag em.

But to answer ur question... Wilfork > Franklin...but its close...Franklin just doesn't get as much hype cuz of Willis in SF.

Not yet...its suppost to happen any day now (http://content.usatoday.com/communi...-place-franchise-tag-on-dt-aubrayo-franklin/1)...I think Wilfork will be tagged too. The tag number for a DT is at $7 million...thats a bargain for either of these two. NE and SF would be absolutely STUPID to not tag em.

Their just trying to get a deal done without having to us the tag but clearly it will be used right before the deadline if no agreement has been reached.

As for your original post, V.Wilfork will command alot more money, he's proven to be one of the best and he's still young. Franklin really only came on this year and I doubt SF wants to break the bank until he puts together another solid campaign.

I'd harped on signing A.Franklin awhile ago as a FA this year but have stopped knowing that there's no possible way he hits FA.

Personally I'd take Wilfork, he's younger, we weaken a divisional rival and he's atleast top 3 in the league. The biggest negative is the size of the contract he will command.

i like Wilfork better but i doubt either of them leave the places they are now they will both get Tagged

I eagerly await the day when everyone realizes that teams are not just gonna let their top FA's just walk

actually I just await it because that day will never come

Wilfork. But if NE lets him go they are redonkulously stupid for doing so.

Get use to the idea of Ferguson coming back
sitting out the majority of training camp
since he doesn't like training camp
and having Soliai as your backup again

Hmmm so we just wanna be an ok team. Solai is not that good and Ferguson although solid is about done

Hmmm so we just wanna be an ok team. Solai is not that good and Ferguson although solid is about done
I don't think that's what he meant. He meant that, 'the reality is that none of those NTs will be available and to just get used to the fact that Ferg and Soliai will HAVE to be our NT rotation by default, due to lack of NTs available...'

I happen to believe that too. With the exception that I believe there will be a 3rd NT added to the rotation...a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

I don't think that's what he meant. He meant that, 'the reality is that none of those NTs will be available and to just get used to the fact that Ferg and Soliai will HAVE to be our NT rotation by default, due to lack of NTs available...'

I happen to believe that too. With the exception that I believe there will be a 3rd NT added to the rotation...a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Cam Thomas :up:

They will likely draft a NT somewhere in rds 2-3 I think. Possibly even a guy like Williams in the 1st.
Additionally, Solai has improved each yr and I expect him to be even better this upcoming season. He seems to be maturing. Solai's problem has never been physical (he had a few impressive games this season), it's been a mental/maturity issue and lack of experience.
If I recall when he was drafted out of Utah he hadn't played much football before college.

They will likely draft a NT somewhere in rds 2-3 I think. Possibly even a guy like Williams in the 1st.
Additionally, Solai has improved each yr and I expect him to be even better this upcoming season. He seems to be maturing. Solai's problem has never been physical (he had a few impressive games this season), it's been a mental/maturity issue and lack of experience.
If I recall when he was drafted out of Utah he hadn't played much football before college.

if we wait until the 3rd round to draft a NT, I have a hard time believing he will make any kind of an impact this year. as it won't be tcody, williams, or thomas. which, IMO means he will be a third stringer. with our first three picks we need people who can come in and contribute right away.

Look for a NT to come in the 2nd or 3rd round. OLB is critical, ILB and NT are next.

Back
Top Bottom