Fred Gibson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fred Gibson

NorthFloridaFin

Bring on the Ted Ginn Era
Reaction score
If he is still around in the 3rd round is feel he would make a great slot receiver. He put up some pretty nice numbers at Georgia.

3rd round may be a bit early, I was thinking more 4th/5th. he has injury concerns, doesnt separate that great and drops a fair share of easy passes. I like that he seems to come up with plays when they matter though. Could be a quality 3rd wr at this level imo but its not a real need right now.

We need a big receiver, u say?? What do u call Marty Booker? Randy McMichael? Randy and Marty are pretty big, David Boston was also on the big side. Chris Chambers and Derrius Thompson are our only SKINNY SKINNY receivers...except Wes Welker who is like Speedy Gonzales.

Marty is 6-0 and McMike its a TIGHT END!!!! he has to be big.

and if we need a big target, thats why i think we should draft Kelly Griffeth. The 6'5, 285 pound Tight End from No Name State College. He is a monster, a great blocker, and hes a tight end so im sure he catches well.

Joey 22 said:
Marty is 6-0 and McMike its a TIGHT END!!!! he has to be big.

McMichael is more of a receiver to us. I dont get a lot of the Miami games, but he seems to be the number one target. He catches more passes, than he blocks.

What part of Tight End you dont understand? And he catches more cause he causes mismatches with LBs a 6-4 220 WR causes mismatches as well.

NorthFloridaFin said:
If he is still around in the 3rd round is feel he would make a great slot receiver. He put up some pretty nice numbers at Georgia.

I watched Gibson play a lot in College. He is immensely talented, however, if he does not put on some serious muscle weight he will be helpless in College. He always had problems getting off the line against physical receivers.

Seeing him in person you can see how scronny he really is. He is talented though, if he can get off the line he'll catch just about anything thrown up to him. If he could only put on some pounds he'd be a stud. Whether or not he can or will remains to be seen.

This crap is really starting to get on my nerves.

Anyone that has ever seen Fred Gibson play college football knows that he lacks the bulk and mental toughness to play the slot.

You can not just look at stats and 40 times to make informed and educated opinions on these players. You have to actually see them play!

I have heard Gibson's toughness questioned atleast 20 times (no exageration) during his college career.

Back
Top Bottom