Free agency: Day 1 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free agency: Day 1

So far for me I'm at:

Melvin Gordon- We can take on a larger, up front style, contract for a proven RB and weapon.
Ha-Ha Clinton Dix/ Karl Joseph- either a FS or SS will be needed regardless.
Andrus Peat+Boehm for some depth and competition at G/C
Michael Brockers- Run Stuffing DE that won't break the bank.

Last edited:
So far for me I'm at:

Melvin Gordon- We can take on a larger, up front style, contract for a proven RB and weapon.
Ha-Ha Clinton Dix/ Karl Joseph- either a FS or SS will be needed regardless.
Andrus Peat+Boehm for some depth and competition at G/C
Michael Brockers- Not sure if he can play in a 3-4 but if so he would be a solid add

Peat is one of my favorite targets. Curious to see what kind of $ he'll get. I've seen some mention him in the 2nd tier of OG FA's, but I think he belongs in the 1st. If he really is significantly cheaper than Thuney and Scherff, that's an easy call.

Peat is one of my favorite targets. Curious to see what kind of $ he'll get. I've seen some mention him in the 2nd tier of OG FA's, but I think he belongs in the 1st. If he really is significantly cheaper than Thuney and Scherff, that's an easy call.
I bet he'll be up there in price too

Better be the damn o line otherwise some folks need to get pinked. That has to be priority numero uno in free agency.

yuck. A bad Melvin Gordon contract.

Would try to build the interior OL as much as possible, but I feel pretty good about drafting a starting LT and RT in 2020, and Miami might not feel RT is as urgent, with Davis there, and especially if the new QB doesn't play until 2021. Of the LT's, I prefer Thomas then Bekton then Jones then Jackson. I think Isaiah Wilson is really underrated and would be pretty close to best-case at 56.

Would try to build the interior OL as much as possible, but I feel pretty good about drafting a starting LT and RT in 2020, and Miami might not feel RT is as urgent, with Davis there, and especially if the new QB doesn't play until 2021. Of the LT's, I prefer Thomas then Bekton then Jones then Jackson. I think Isaiah Wilson is really underrated and would be pretty close to best-case at 56.

We have so many picks so yeah I'm with you on finding Tackle in the draft. I really want a Center but no idea whos good either in FA or the draft.

Offensive line won't be cheap. DJ Humprhies just got extended in Arizona for 3 years and 45 million with 30 million guaranteed and he isn't all that great.

Offensive line won't be cheap. DJ Humprhies just got extended in Arizona for 3 years and 45 million with 30 million guaranteed and he isn't all that great.
Yikes

Prepare for sticker shock on a lot of these guys

I know I will be and I’m expecting it even

Maybe the first year I can remember that free agency is more interesting than the draft for me.
Wha? With the most picks in NFL history and 7 in the first three rounds? I feel for you man if you really feel that way. I'm stoked for both!

Hope were not paying Melvin Gordon big $ dollars for average output, better runners without the wear and tear in the draft.

Kyle Van Noy looks like a good fit at the right price.

Quite a few to look at if they don't get resigned.

Wha? With the most picks in NFL history and 7 in the first three rounds? I feel for you man if you really feel that way. I'm stoked for both!

Think about it. The more quality players signed via free agency the more freedom to take BPA. Also you have no idea how many picks Miami will even have based on trading up and trading for veteran players. So yeah, free agency is critical.

Back
Top Bottom