Free agency QB's | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free agency QB's

LAfinfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Is it too early to think of next year? I was reading that Jake Plummer will be a free agent next year. I know, I know we all know that Jay will take us all the way, however, maybe we should try to to get Jake. He has the experience and the arm and I believe that with Miami, he can win!.

No way...Unless your talking Warner or Manning or Mcnabb I think stick with Jay! He's won alot of games; a few on just guts and determination. How many teams have brought in a free agent "savior" QB and gone on to bigger success? Billick thought that Grbac was going to be the guy to finally give the Ravens some offense. I really do like Feidler's play. He'll never be Marino but if he can be as good as Bob was then we're in great shape. Bob Griese never had to make the throws that Marino did, so as a QB all he had to do was complement the overall play of the offense. Coach Shula built teams around the strengths he had to work with. In the 70's he had the running game that no one could stop. And if Czonka wouldn't have been so greedy I always believed there was another 1 or 2 championships in them. Anyway, all I'm saying is that right now the team is relying on a power running game and Jay has been really effective in his role. Right now he's probably the best for this offense-he's pretty damn smart too. Feidler and the WR's haven't really played together that long. So give it a chance. This year is not down the tubes yet, either.

Are you kidding me? Plummer is about three times the QB fiedler is. If Plummer was the Dolfins QB the last three years you would have won a superbowl. He's awesome and he's not on a good team.

Plummer is very streaky. I would stick w/ Jay if it were up to me.

OK I can admit that I don't follow Arizona or Plummer so....why is he 3 times the QB that Feidler is???

Jay is way better than Jake Plummer. Jake Plummer gets to throw to one of the best recievers in the league in David Boston and he still isn't great, and he doesn't win games like Fiedler does.

Originally posted by Typ0
Are you kidding me? Plummer is about three times the QB fiedler is. If Plummer was the Dolfins QB the last three years you would have won a superbowl. He's awesome and he's not on a good team.

Are you serious?? Plummer?? A guy with a 69.3 career QB rating?? A guy with a 56% competion rate?? A guy who has thrown 103 INTs and only 79 TDs?? Only once has he ever thrown more TDs than INTs.

Just look at this year:

Fiedler - 63.5% complete....1289 yds....9 TDs...6 INTs....88.5 QB rating...3 rushing TDs...2 fumbles. 6 games

Plummer - 52.9% complete...1623 yds...7 TDs...9 INTs...65.4 QB rating...2 rushing TDs...8 fumbles. 8 games

Yards per attempt in 2002??
Fiedler - 7.3
Plummer - 5.8

And I'll take Fiedler's intagibles over Plummer's as well.

Typ0 knows football !! Remember one thing if we don't go anywhere this year . There will be major changes next year. If he does not win next year, that may be Wanny's last year as a Dolfin. I believe Miami will give Jake a very good look!! He is perfect for the Dolphins. The problem is that the Cardinals may not give him up .

How many games would Fidler win with the Cardinals ? What would be the stats on Fidler with the Cardinal's ? The coaches know this and they will be looking at all possible Qb's big time next year. If we get nowhere this season its major shake up time and everything is on the table including Wanny & coaches jobs.

Thanks Muck for the stats. I don't have time to keep up on some things so when I hear "oh yeah, Jake Plummer is ..........." hell, I don't know. I do know that David Boston is supposed to be one of the best WR's in the league. I also know that Dan Marino was great and he took alot of games onto his shoulders and won them. From what I see in the standings each year Jake Plummer doesn't seem to do too much of that. So unless a guy is a very significant upgrade why bring him in? Then you have to start ALL over again...teach the guy the offense, then the rest of the offense has to get used to the QB-where he goes when the pocket starts to fold in what direction does he like to scramble towards, how hard does he throw the ball and it goes on and on. I say Jay is going to be fine. And I also think that Wannstadt is one of the more securely positioned coaches in the league, even if we miss the playoffs.

Originally posted by LAfinfan
How many games would Fidler win with the Cardinals ? What would be the stats on Fidler with the Cardinal's ? The coaches know this and they will be looking at all possible Qb's big time next year. If we get nowhere this season its major shake up time and everything is on the table including Wanny & coaches jobs.

How many games would Plummer have won with the 2000 Dolphins?? And how many games would Plummer have won with both arms were falling off (like Jay's)?? I don't believe we would have won as many games with Plummer that year. Especially when Plummer weighed 190 lbs (he bulked up to 212 this year).

He's also a noted fumbler. Did I mention that Plummer already has 8 fumbles this year??

Plummer might be good with the Phins. But I don't think he brings enough to the table to warrant a switch. I feel that Fiedler is just a better QB.

Sorry folks...but Plummer has been in nothing other than a bad situation in Arizona and Fiedler has been in nothing other than a good situation in Miami. Plummer plays. He has won games for Arizona all by himself. He has a lot of character and never gives up. Compare the statistics all you want but Arizona has been a consistently bad club and it hasn't been because of Jake Plummer. Keep clinging to your "Dilfer did it by not making mistakes Fiedler can do it too" attitude. He's had his opportunities. You have nothing to show for it. Keep him in there I like it when Miami doesn't have a chance.

Are you a Cardinals fan?? Or better yet, a Jills fan?? :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but 9 TDs/24 INTs followed by 13 TDs/21 INTs can't be completely attributed to a "bad situation". At some point, you have to take responsibility. There's a reason why he's not a lock to return to Phoenix.

Yes, he's won some games by himself. But in the words of Plummer himself (paraphrased), "I wouldn't have all these comebacks if I didn't put us in a hole in the first place".

Back
Top Bottom