Free agency start in about 3 weeks. Here's a list of the top 200 free agents | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free agency start in about 3 weeks. Here's a list of the top 200 free agents

Good PR means letting every customer know that they are important to you... that you wish to make them happy.

...and the Dolphins have gotten soooo much better at that. They've got these players (and their agents) in a positive frame of mind and have not closed any doors... and that sort of thing helps when you get a last minute injury or you suddenly need to sign a guy because your starter just got arrested.

Sure we're interested... your client is a good player. Ultimately, he may not fit into our salary structure, but we'd like to keep the phone lines open.

Dietrich Wise Jr could be interesting. Already the same type of guy as Sieler but then again, same type of guy as Sieler, we may like him.

Currently interested in:

Lawrence Guy/ Hankins for NT
B.J. Goodsen for LB
Chris Carsen/ Marlon Mack for RB
C.J. Beathard for backup QB
Carl Lawson for Edge
AJ Bouye/ Jason Verrett for CB

This is such a weird year, particularly for Miami. I know winning the offseason is an old joke about Miami, but the circumstances this year are different. Miami has:

1) A lot of youth
2) A lot of draft capital to fill holes
3) A decent amount of money to depend in a year that’s going to have more dance partners than open dance cards.

IMO, it really comes down to how well the Dolphins think specific FA fill needs on their team. Is the FO leery about spending a top-ten pick on a WR? Okay, they can grab Curtis Samuels, who I think would be perfect in the slot. Do they have Zaven Collins on their list of “must haves” slotted at 18? Okay, so sign Aaron Jones to make sure you have a stud RB in the stable.

What I find most interesting is that Free Agents (and the Free Agents’ agents) are perfectly aware that this is going to be a down year for contracts. So after the first round of marquee signings, there will probably be a flurry of lower-priced, short-term, incentive-laden contracts.

Miami can fill a LOT of holes this year...probably without a lot of long-term commitments.

Really don't like us getting Robinson, Bell and Jones. Seems like money poorly spent on talent that could be gotten in the draft instead. I'd rather sign trench guys in free agency that are proven. Robinson and Jones are fine players that I'd like to have, just doesn't seem like good cap moves for us.

I'd be tickled frickin' pink if we landed Robinson. Means we can take Sewell at 3.
Agreed. I understand some fans are scared about paying someone top dollar like that but ARob is absolutely worth top WR money.

He's one of the best in the game and has proved it with Bortles, Foles, and Trubisky as his QB's..... That blows my mind

Back
Top Bottom