Free agency upgrades available at LT | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free agency upgrades available at LT

The thing you overlook w/Davis is that although he's a LT, Leinart is a lefty i.e. not protecting his blindside, which is why they can afford to let him go. Thomas probably could play that RT for Arizona as he's also a dominating run-blocker, while still being good enough to be LT in teams with a righty at QB like us. If indeed we do end up at #6, I don't think it's completely out of the question he may fall given his combine results and such as well as other players. Arizona's still got a lot left to be desired as far as needs go on their roster.

Ok, you probably have a good point there. At least either way we'll know about Davis' availability well before the draft so, we definitely need to persue Davis agressively...if available.

If we could pick up Steinbach and Davis... wow.

Yeah that would give Miami a lot of freedom in the draft. They could then pursue that CB, LB or DT to rejuvenate the defense. Maybe even think a little about a QB or WR.

Just on a side note: Tiki rushed for 234 yards tonight against the Skins. Ouch!!

Yeah that would give Miami a lot of freedom in the draft. They could then pursue that CB, LB or DT to rejuvenate the defense. Maybe even think a little about a QB or WR.

Just on a side note: Tiki rushed for 234 yards tonight against the Skins. Ouch!!

Steinbach is very versitile, and, by that can be a force multiplyer.

Davis is a beast at gaurd.

no way do we get both, but...Wow, if we did.

were ganna need more than a LT we need a whole makeover + we also need to get a CB

Steinbach is very versitile, and, by that can be a force multiplyer.

Davis is a beast at gaurd.

no way do we get both, but...Wow, if we did.

Force Multiplier. Ha Haa!! What branch of service?

were ganna need more than a LT we need a whole makeover + we also need to get a CB

There will be room to make changes this offseason rest assured. I think Jeno will be cut which will make some room and I think we can fill the void at guard with either an aforementioned FA or via the draft. I like Asante Samuel but I'm really less worried about CB than anything else for one specific reason: Saban is a DB coach first and foremost. He can address that hole probably better than anybody and he can find those hidden gems who can do the job which means we can spend more time looking over those offensive woes. Which, honestly we cannot afford to overlook any longer.

Hey Goonboss... off topic (again) I know. But that pic of Crash, what year? I only remember him as having a 'stache, and he looks clean cut there. Maybe I'm creating a false image of the man I love? :D

Hey Goonboss... off topic (again) I know. But that pic of Crash, what year? I only remember him as having a 'stache, and he looks clean cut there. Maybe I'm creating a false image of the man I love? :D

We all made catastrophic grooming and fashion decisions then.

It was the times.

We all believed somthing because somone labeled "The Press" said it...

We were young...We were (Really) stupid.

This is one of three I was able to google up of the guy.

ETA: No idea of the year. circa 1985 is my guess.

Wasent L.J Shelton a Cardinal with Lenoard Davis?

And dont get your hopes up too high. We'll probably go out and sign some old player. Like we did a couple years ago with Leon Searcy

LT is best found in the draft (see J. Ogden, O. Pace, W. Jones, L. Jones, T. Glenn, M. McNeill, etc). We failed with Shelton, let's not do it again with Davis, who's better off at Guard anyways. Leinart and Co. weren't exactly helped by that OL including Davis, who isn't Leinart's blindside blocker anyways.

Yeah, but still a serious upgrade over McIntosh...

Where do you get that impression from? I seriously do not want Mike Gandy anywhere near this teams Left Tackle position.

DMac is an adequate player in run and pass blocking, he only gets shown up really badly against the decent speed rushers of the league and exactly the same thing can be said about Gandy.

Back
Top Bottom