Free Agent Analysis - Byron Jones, Ereck Flowers and Ted Karras | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free Agent Analysis - Byron Jones, Ereck Flowers and Ted Karras

Logan looks like a 4th round pick, maybe 3.

Im noticing a trend with our new guys: Tough, disciplined, high character, great work ethic, leadership.

Logan looks like a 4th round pick, maybe 3.

Im noticing a trend with our new guys: Tough, disciplined, high character, great work ethic, leadership.

talented. Yeah, I know, should be obvious, but I still remember FistPump and Queasy

I would totally bring him in for 10 mill he’sa good run defender who gets his hands in passing lanes but he definitely overvalued himself

I would pay him 15 mil per year. The guy was a little bitch for turning us down last year, but it was evident he made a huge impact on games last year in Seattle, even when he wasn't getting sacks he was affecting the pocket on almost every play.

Most likely Clowney's agent told him he was worth $20mm and Clowney bought it. Agents out to be required to pay the difference.

In any case, I'm much happier with the current FAs than Clowney. I'm not a fan of elite players for a rebuilding team

I'm not sure we know this is a long term rebuilding plan.

We signed a LOT of FAs to be in a true "build through the draft" rebuild. Especially considering we have 14 draft picks. There was no need to sign all of those FAs if we were content taking the draft approach.

I will not be shocked if we are positioning for a huge trade up. And we will use the back end of the draft to cover holes created by lack of picks in the top end.

Is it some millennial thing to use words that kind of sound like other words, or are a bunch of posters using speech to text, not bothering to correct mistakes?
They are fine people who invariably can't spell or comprehend/desire to apply proper grammar.

I'm not sure we know this is a long term rebuilding plan.

We signed a LOT of FAs to be in a true "build through the draft" rebuild. Especially considering we have 14 draft picks. There was no need to sign all of those FAs if we were content taking the draft approach.

I will not be shocked if we are positioning for a huge trade up. And we will use the back end of the draft to cover holes created by lack of picks in the top end.

Only disagreement is the definition of "long term." Miami is certainly not in 'win now' mode. Target is likely '22. Clowney on a 3-year deal (I made that up) doesn't help long term

I'm not sure why some believe we are not building through draft because we signed so many FAs. However outside of a Jones pretty much all the other deals were 2 year out with karras a 1 year deal. Most of these guys will be here to push all the rookies.
I mean even van noy is really a 2 year deal.

I'm not sure why some believe we are not building through draft because we signed so many FAs. However outside of a Jones pretty much all the other deals were 2 year out with karras a 1 year deal. Most of these guys will be here to push all the rookies.
I mean even van noy is really a 2 year deal.

There were so many holes, all couldn't be filled in the draft. HAD to sign FAs. Otherwise the rebuild would have been peaking about the time this rookie class deserved new deals.

They are fine people who invariably can't spell or comprehend/desire to apply proper grammar.
The day I posted that, I'd seen a lot of things, but the guy right before it typed, ". . .they will out you in the best Laotian for you to succeed. . ."

Okay, part of that is likely a typo, and the punctuation was bad, but Laotian instead of what I'm guessing was supposed to be position?

The day I posted that, I'd seen a lot of things, but the guy right before it typed, ". . .they will out you in the best Laotian for you to succeed. . ."

Okay, part of that is likely a typo, and the punctuation was bad, but Laotian instead of what I'm guessing was supposed to be position?

Juust as bad as 'would of' or 'could of.' I would think the 've' in could've would give it away.

But, back to topic. Of the 3, I'm most interested in Karras. Still not convinced he eon't be an OG. Maybe it depends on who the draft picks are.

I think I'm happiest to see the o-line take on a tough new personality. This finesse crap that Philbin brought here and Gase perpetuated didn't work and really made me sick. Give me an o line man who pancakes the guy in front of him. I want to see screen passes executed with 2 or 3 linemen leading the way knocking guys over. Hopefully, we'll draft one of the really high quality RBs available in the draft. We do need to find 2 Tackles in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom