Free agent market is drying up for some stars | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free agent market is drying up for some stars

I mean I respect clowney and feel he is worth big money. The issue at this point is that he has to be pricing himself waaayyy out of range for anybody. Hence he is still out there and everyone is waiting for him to coelme down.
Yeah teams are catching on the how it's not worth paying a d-lineman record deals. See, we are changing the league!

I’ve heard Clowneys offers have been closer to the 14 mill range. I’d offer him a 1 year 18 million dollar prove it deal and see if he bites. I don’t like the idea of signing him to a long term deal
Exactly what does he have to prove? He is already one of the best DE’s in the NFL and it is only a matter of time before the Seahawks or another NFL team makes him the highest paid DE in the NFL.

I’ve heard Clowneys offers have been closer to the 14 mill range. I’d offer him a 1 year 18 million dollar prove it deal and see if he bites. I don’t like the idea of signing him to a long term deal
I don’t know that he’d play for us after crapping on the trade last year. I don’t care what his sack numbers say, his as disruptive a player as they come. Would love to have him but I doubt we are even in the consideration set.

Winston to pitt makes the most sense to me. He could develop a little more and become a force there.

Miami needs a qb on a rookie deal that can become a star. Thats the way to build the team fast.

I don’t know that he’d play for us after crapping on the trade last year. I don’t care what his sack numbers say, his as disruptive a player as they come. Would love to have him but I doubt we are even in the consideration set.

Some of you take things too personal. Clowney felt the team was tanking. Most in this board felt that way and so did at least half the league, it was at least the préception given the stories coming out of the locker room. Things are different now and entire league knows that Miami is a team on the rise. But most of you guys are forgetting how ugly it was around here and Clowney didn’t want any part of it and I can’t blame him at that time. Things are much different now so who’s knows.

Last edited:
I still want either Jason Peters or Daryl Williams. We don't seem to draft well when it comes to offensive lineman. Both are young. Give them a decent contract and firm up LT now!!

Back
Top Bottom