Free Agent RB that could be in play for Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free Agent RB that could be in play for Miami

I've had one too many tonight, but wouldn't it be amazing to sign Philip Lyndsey for cheap and have him run like a damn beast in 2021 to shove it in the Broncos face for jumping for Williams. He seems like the aggro type of guy to do something like that.

Or is Williams a package for a Rodgers trade? /shrug

I've had one too many tonight, but wouldn't it be amazing to sign Philip Lyndsey for cheap and have him run like a damn beast in 2021 to shove it in the Broncos face for jumping for Williams
He signed with the Texans in FA. I’m most interested in Bell, Yeldon, or Hill in FA, but if they could swing a trade for Kareem Hunt (2nd rounder plus Grant) I’d be ecstatic. I do think we should add to the RB room.

Last edited:
yeah he is young and had production running and catching
Eh...average looks good but he is a pedestrian back IMHO. Small doses yes, but not a game changing back. Yes he'd have led Dolphin backs in YPC, but I watched him every single Sunday. He's just ok. Then again, in 4 years in the NFL he hasn't really seized the moment with Atlanta and Cincinnati.

What happened to that Washington guy Miami had at RB?
We moved our 6th round pick back to KC's 7th this year for no reason. And now he's gone.

At least he gave us 86 rushing yards on 3.1 ypc.

I know it's not a big deal, but you could see this was a bad move from a mile away. We laughed at the Patriots for giving us a 7th for Ford, then cutting him. This was just as dumb. I know we needed a RB, but Washington had proven he's a complete scrub for the past 3 years.

Aren't guys like Duke Johnson, Todd Gurley, or even Le'Veon Bell free agents? Maybe give one of those guys a one-year deal to beef up the running back competition. Doubt it though since Grier and Flores will probably stick to what they have for this season.

Not free agents, but could be available: Royce Freeman and Sony Michel, but my favorite long shot trade rb would be Marlon Mack. Not sure the Colts would trade him, but with Taylor as their lead back maybe Mack raises a fuss to get a starting job elsewhere.

Sony Michel would be #1.

Not free agents, but could be available: Royce Freeman and Sony Michel, but my favorite long shot trade rb would be Marlon Mack. Not sure the Colts would trade him, but with Taylor as their lead back maybe Mack raises a fuss to get a starting job elsewhere.
I was pounding the table in FA to sign Mack i hope we dont have to send a pick to Indy for him

I find Bell intriguing. Can't see why he would want to play for Flo on our team. Bet Grier could get him on a prove it deal.

just run it back with who we have along with brown and the doaks kid. prob half or more of the RB's on that list will still be on "the available rb's in free agency" list in september

SF has 4 good RBs. Hoping they let one go.

I don’t like any of the free agents, no better than anything we have in my opinion. If someone comes up I could see a trade but I’ll pass on the current free agents.

Aren't guys like Duke Johnson, Todd Gurley, or even Le'Veon Bell free agents? Maybe give one of those guys a one-year deal to beef up the running back competition. Doubt it though since Grier and Flores will probably stick to what they have for this season.

Yes. But IMO all three are "cooked" to a certain degree. Gurley for me would be out due to his knee issue.

Bell would probably be my #1 choice out of the three. Think we would get at least two motivated games out of him lol

Back
Top Bottom