Free Agent RB that could be in play for Miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free Agent RB that could be in play for Miami

I think the bears situation might be worth keeping an eye on. They have Montgomery, Cohen, Damien williams and just drafted Khalil herbert

I sound like a broken record but the Fins recently had two very fast starting caliber backs that were big play guys averaging 4.5-5 ypc that had little regard here and were discarded by this staff and yet many are content with a guy that had half of their production and happy about it?
Breida still better than anyone on our roster let alone Drake

Eh...average looks good but he is a pedestrian back IMHO. Small doses yes, but not a game changing back. Yes he'd have led Dolphin backs in YPC, but I watched him every single Sunday. He's just ok. Then again, in 4 years in the NFL he hasn't really seized the moment with Atlanta and Cincinnati.
Sorry I didn’t realize this was the “sign a game changing back in May” thread.

I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it with Malcolm Brown. Henderson and Akers were noticeably better than him from the Rams games I watched
That is probably why the Rams didn’t try to resign Brown. Top RB’s rarely become free agents and if Flores says he’s happy with the running backs on the roster, I’m good with the RB‘s too.

NFLCFBMLBNBANHLGOLFPLNAS
ALL PLAYER NEWS

• MYLES GASKINRB, MIAMI DOLPHINS

Dolphins head coach Brian Flores said the addition of Will Fuller and Jaylen Waddle will be a boon for the team's rushing offense.​

It checks out. Adding two burners to the Miami offense should, theoretically, force defenses to back off the line of scrimmage and potentially open up holes for Myles Gaskin and the rest of the Dolphins backs. "Defenses have to make that decision when you have those types of players on the field, and again, if you don't load the box, and you play for those big plays, then there's less people in the box and less people to block and I think it really becomes a kind of numbers math game," Flores said. "If you get those guys blocked, there's more space to run." Not only did Gaskin survive the NFL Draft as the team's No. 1 running back, but the selection of Waddle -- and the free agency signing of Fuller -- creates a more dynamic offense in which he will operate. Gaskin's ADP rise could be held in check if Miami signs another back this spring or summer -- someone like Adrian Peterson, Rex Burkhead, or Duke Johnson. Gaskin averaged the 11th most PPR points per game among RBs in 2020.

NFLCFBMLBNBANHLGOLFPLNAS
ALL PLAYER NEWS

• MYLES GASKINRB, MIAMI DOLPHINS

Dolphins head coach Brian Flores said the addition of Will Fuller and Jaylen Waddle will be a boon for the team's rushing offense.​

It checks out. Adding two burners to the Miami offense should, theoretically, force defenses to back off the line of scrimmage and potentially open up holes for Myles Gaskin and the rest of the Dolphins backs. "Defenses have to make that decision when you have those types of players on the field, and again, if you don't load the box, and you play for those big plays, then there's less people in the box and less people to block and I think it really becomes a kind of numbers math game," Flores said. "If you get those guys blocked, there's more space to run." Not only did Gaskin survive the NFL Draft as the team's No. 1 running back, but the selection of Waddle -- and the free agency signing of Fuller -- creates a more dynamic offense in which he will operate. Gaskin's ADP rise could be held in check if Miami signs another back this spring or summer -- someone like Adrian Peterson, Rex Burkhead, or Duke Johnson. Gaskin averaged the 11th most PPR points per game among RBs in 2020.

I'm going to roll with the coach on this one. If it doesn't work then so be it.

Back
Top Bottom