Free Agents For 2019

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DefensiveEnd76, Dec 3, 2018.

1. circumstances

circumstances Starter Finheaven VIP

First round next year pretty much has to be DT, DE or corner. Right?

2. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes Finheaven VIP Donator

QB will be in the discussion as well as LB.

But Pass rusher will be definitely be the odds on favorite at this point, and that could be from the DE or DT position as a guy who can rush the passer from inside might be the most coveted position on defense next to having a top level CB.

circumstances likes this.
  3. circumstances

I think Vincent Taylor is evolving into that.

But we need another! I would rather have a penetrating DT, but outside pass rusher (DE) is a top priority as well (which is a shame, because Charles Harris should be that guy).

4. Kdawg954

I like Taylor. Good find for Chris Grier and his team in a team draft that is looking like a **** show.

He’s more of a space eater where Godchaux is more of the penetrating type. Neither one of them are elite pass rushers but just being solid role players in a rotation or dependable fill in starters would be tremendous. You need these type of guys on your roster with the salary they make.

But neither one factors into my decision for adding DL, just like nobody in the LB group factors in to my thought process for adding talent there.

We need the best player, period. We had a solid LT in Branden Albert and we took Tunsil . . .excellent. It is what you need to do to build this roster.

You start taking the best player to fill your needs, you end up with Charles Harris even though someone like Tredavious White is begging to be taken.

5. circumstances

I thought the same regarding Godchaux and Taylor, but as the season wore on it seemed like Taylor was evolving into the (much) better interior pass rusher.

I hope so.

And I agree with adding the best talent regardless of who is on the roster.

6. Danny

Danny Finheaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I'd prefer a pass rushing DE.....as far as DT, I guess I keep going back to Suh and how THAT didn't work plus we do have some good young players at DT. I'd add one more but not with our top pick. Corner I'd do in free agency if possible but that has to be in the list either way.

7. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin There's one, set for stun Moderator Finheaven VIP

Hopefully a whole new front office will be dealing with these matters.

DKphin and Kdawg954 like this.
  8. Kdawg954

Just look around the league. It’s not the Wake’s and Quinn’s that are the dominant forces. Those guys get pushed up the field by the tackles and the QB just steps up and they are free.

Its the guys who can rush up the middle that affect the QB more than anything else. The Aaron Donalds and Geno Atkins . . . Those guys.

Thats not to say we couldn’t use a solid pass rushing DE . . . .but I just wouldn’t label it as only a DE. If he can rush from the LB spot. . . . i want him. Have to get guys that specialize in putting the QB on the ground.

9. Danny

Danny Finheaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I understand and agree that anyone that can get to the passer(which we don't have at this time) would be a welcome addition. I am saying however that at this moment we're weaker at DE than we are at DT but that's just my opinion. Yes we need rushers but we also need to stop the run and right now none of our DE's are good at stopping the run and only Quinn is a real pass rusher(I believe Wake should be playing his last season with us) and even he's be underwhelming this season.
    You mention something interesting. "OT's push DE's pass the QB so we need to rush up the middle" True but with no good DE's then a good team/QB will roll right or left to avoid that pressure up the middle.

10. taldolfin

taldolfin Starter

Funny.....we added Suh to allow for outside pass rush....that didn't work out well......We get Quinn and let Suh go.....our pass rush sucks.....only pressure on all out blitz

11. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

Yes...I’d give him a bit more no prob!

12. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

Ziggy has played decent...so has Sylvester

DKphin likes this.
  13. Aqua ‘N Orange

Aqua ‘N Orange A True Fan

I’d say the odds are good you bring back hayes in the rotation he goes on ir again on you.

Have to be a plan b for me and wait it out til post draft even.

14. Aqua ‘N Orange

Minkah says he wants to stay at corner full time. Is he just saying that cause he played it 100 percent Sunday or is that legit? If it is he better learn to locate the football more when his backs turned to the play in the vertical stem.

If that is the plan you can go ahead and remove corner from top pick consideration. They’d have x as the #1 and minkah as the plus #2 and McCain’s contract in the slot.

That would be plan a.

15. Aqua ‘N Orange

As for dt I could see a promotion to #1 and #2 starters with godchaux and Taylor. Godchaux more the anchor run defender Taylor more lateral flow and penetration player. They’ve earned it even if it still somewhat feels like they may be more #2 and #3 ask for 2019.

But if Miami can’t get that qb or likely de top pick draft value an interior dt plus pass rusher option I could definitely see being in play.

I feel like if we are picking in the 12 range not moving for a qb that de clelin Ferrell may be in play and I think his game fits what we do on the edge. Assuming he tests worthy