Free agents we actaully MUST add - Offensive Linemen | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free agents we actaully MUST add - Offensive Linemen

I would too... but we are going to be paying Wilkins starting in 2024, probably 15M/year, and I just don't think we can then pay Sieler that 10M that Sportstrac says is his market value.
If he gave us a bit more pass rush, then maybe... but if he did that, he'd want Ogbah's 16M/ year.
I just don't see it happening. This will be his one chance to be set for life. He's gonna want to get paid.
Love him, but a second high Tackle salary is really tough to justify. The only way it pencils out is if we have to jettison Tua.
oh I agree is going to be hard to keep him and he has earned his payday

StarterB/U #1B/U #2
LTArmsteadG. LittleK. Lamm
LGEichenberg*R. JonesL. Cotton
CC. WilliamsM. Deiter
RGR. HuntR. Jones
RTA. Jackson*B. ShellK. Smith
* at-risk starter

ACTIONS:
1. Cut G. Little, Improve swing tackle depth
2. Add LG in training camp for 4-way battle to start
3. Cut Deiter, add C late draft, UDFA
I agree this could be what happens, though Lamm would be above Little on the small sample size we have seen and Deiter will be gone as he couldn't get on the field. Probably an aging vet might be the go at centre, unless Empey (on a futures) shows enough.

oh I agree is going to be hard to keep him and he has earned his payday
If it happens, and is a manageable contract, I'll be pleased, but realistically, I don't see it happening because if Sieler isn't the #1 DT on his team, then he becomes a more rotational type player... and Wilkins is better, so his path is blocked there.
To justify that 10-12M/year that he should get, he has to be a three down player... and he really isn't. Just not enough pass rush.

Parsons is a special player..
Special is an honest understatement. He is listed at 242lbs and can toss OLmen around with 1 arm. He is still incredibly raw as a pass rusher as his natural position was Mike or Will LB coming out of Penn State. We had a solid draft in 2021, but Parsons will be the best defender in that class.

Special is an honest understatement. He is listed at 242lbs and can toss OLmen around with 1 arm. He is still incredibly raw as a pass rusher as his natural position was Mike or Will LB coming out of Penn State. We had a solid draft in 2021, but Parsons will be the best defender in that class.
Stop... you are making me cry.

I didn't come up with these figures these are estimates from Sportrac.com
They have Wilkins’ value at $12.5M per year (or in that range). Understandable when you consider he was the 32 or 33 best DL at generating QB pressure in 2022 and has 11.5 sacks in 4 seasons. An elite run defender doesn’t have the same value on paper as a guy that is solid vs the run and rushes the passer. Of course that doesn’t take into account he is a team captain, leader of the defense, etc. which is why he will get a massive contract.

I like Smythe. Also, there aren’t many good te’s in the league. If you have one, it’s a luxury
So damn true. What? there are like 5 maybe 6 really good ones. And out of those a couple always get hurt each year. Kittle last year, Andrews this year.

If it happens, and is a manageable contract, I'll be pleased, but realistically, I don't see it happening because if Sieler isn't the #1 DT on his team, then he becomes a more rotational type player... and Wilkins is better, so his path is blocked there.
To justify that 10-12M/year that he should get, he has to be a three down player... and he really isn't. Just not enough pass rush.
I'm expecting/hoping Sieler to improve his pass rush and show us he is the "yin to Wilkins yang". Sieler consistently makes plays at crucial times. I would hope to get him at 8-10m.

I honestly think we're fine at TE, Long will come along and Smythe is underrated. Plus we don't use the TE very much with Hill/Waddle
Long had more ''tackles''-ONE than receptions-ZERO While Smythe was an offensive juggernaut with his 15 receptions and 1 td...Is that what you consider fine?

So damn true. What? there are like 5 maybe 6 really good ones. And out of those a couple always get hurt each year. Kittle last year, Andrews this year.
I think it’s less than that. Kelce and Andrews. Kittle is a glorified tackle lately.

You could argue if Jackson didn't get hurt we coulda been worse bc Shell was much better than Jackson was.

We agree to disagree on this, there is no world where I'll be convinced we're good enough on the oline right now.
Shell graded out as Miami's best OL according to PFF.

Back
Top Bottom