Free agents we actaully MUST add - Offensive Linemen | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free agents we actaully MUST add - Offensive Linemen

Nice Topic ChadRico. I don't think we can afford to land a top tier or even mid tier, this year, there may be a chance to get some journeyman vet at the minimum. We really need to be conservative this year in order to get CAP healthy again to achieve long term success. IMO, this year we add very few pieces and hope we get some young quality players with our limited draft picks. It wont be sexy, but its the smart thing to do. It also provides us a year for the Tua situation to clarify. We can definitely still win with our current roster is we can remain relatively healthy.

Start at the top of the list and work your way down signing anyone that agrees to play for us.

Heck sign them all.

Bring me OL and Corners all day.

Nice Topic ChadRico. I don't think we can afford to land a top tier or even mid tier, this year, there may be a chance to get some journeyman vet at the minimum. We really need to be conservative this year in order to get CAP healthy again to achieve long term success. IMO, this year we add very few pieces and hope we get some young quality players with our limited draft picks. It wont be sexy, but its the smart thing to do. It also provides us a year for the Tua situation to clarify. We can definitely still win with our current roster is we can remain relatively healthy.
Yea keeping the cap in mind there is one guy that has my interest that on the list. Jawaan Tayor from Jacksonville. Great in pass pro and should be somewhat gettable. There are estimates he can be got for around 6-7 million a year. We should be able to afford that for a starting Tackle.

according to sportrac

Brown - 5 yrs $112 mil or 22 per yr
McGlinchy - 4 yrs $43 Mil or 10 per yr
Kelcie - 1 yr 12 mil
Seumalo - 2 yrs 24 mil
McGary - 4 yrs 70 mil or 17 per yr
Risner - 4 yrs 38 mil or 9 mil per
Powers - NA
Pocic - 4yrs 28 mill or 7 per
Taylor - 3 yrs 17 mil or 5.8 per
Beachum - 2yrs 7 mil or 3.5 per

Looking all this up sucked BTW lol
Haha you’re the man… I really was curious, but knew it was going to be an annoying ask… so I purposely worded it in a way that opened the door in an appreciative way for you to choose to do it yourself.

Thanks man. Appreciate you. Lol.

Appreciate the effort, nice work with the post, especially with the extra spotrac info added later. I thought I'd extend it with pff data and make it easy to compare

I don't have the pro subscription, so it's only the overall grade from last year, total snaps, penalties, sacks allowed (and I also grouped up the players based on position):

TACKLES
Brown Jr26 yrs old75.84 sacks all.1133 snaps6 penalties22.4M/year cap
McGlinchy2871.5610361010.7M
McGary2886.661051517.7M
Taylor2558.75109575.8M
Beachum3370.65117873.5M
(Armstead)3177.51687521.1M
(Shell)3164.9276141M
(Jackson)2357.908404.3M
(Lamm)3067.003201M

GUARDS
Risner27 yrs61.1 pff3 sacks all.967 snaps1 penalties9.5M cap
Powers2662.9010941?
Seumalo2975.211135612.1M
(Hunt)2673.731055118.5M
(Jones)2362.0344921M
(Eichenberg)2539.8262752M
(Cotton)2756.809001M

CENTERS
Kelce35 yrs88.5 pff0 sacks all.1149 snaps8 penalties11.9M cap
Pocic2779.0281917.2M
(Williams)2578.43105668.3M
(Deiter)2600002.5M

One thing that seems obvious from this is that at guard, Eichenberg is a liability, while Jones is already a very solid run blocking guard at only 23, might be worth giving him a chance to start next year.

At tackle, a decent veteran like Beachum might be a good option while Jackson is developing - AJ looked relatively hopeful, still only 23, the question about Beachum is if he's really an upgrade over the likes of Fisher/Shell or Lamm.

McGary or Brown would be awesome of course, but I doubt we can afford either.

Instead of talking about breaking the bank on runningbacks, I thought we could talk about something that might actually fix this team. Offensive linemen.

1. Orlando Brown Jr. - T - can play both right and left tackle spots, 4 time pro bowler, might end up being highest paid linemen in the NFL. Don't think we can afford him.

2. Mike McGlinchy - T - Great run blocker, was with McD in SF. Ranks top 10 in run blocking, did allow 6 sacks this year. Would be an excellent addition. My favorite on this list.

3. Jason Kelce - C - aging but a monster, most likley resigns with Eagles

4. Dalton Risner - G - just a solid all around linemen. Least penalized gaurd in the NFL this season.

5. Ben Powers - G - posted 2nd best pass blocking grade in the NFL this year. Would be a great addition.

6. Kaleb McGary - T - 2nd best run blocking Tackle in the league this year.

7. Jawaan Tayor - T - Excellent pass pro. Not great at run blocking, hes a huge human so run blocking should improve. Might be a great fit bc price tag might not be outrageous.

8. Isaac Seumalo - G - Excellent in pass pro. Only allowed 1 sack all year.

9. Kelvin Beachum - T - not exactly a probowler but would be an upgrade for us. Very consistent mid-teir tackle. Price would be right.

10. Ethan Pocic - C - soild player, Browns want to keep him but are tight on cap space. For the crowd that wants to move Williams back to gaurd this would be a good pickup.
And where are we getting the money to sign all these players?

I honestly think we're fine at TE, Long will come along and Smythe is underrated. Plus we don't use the TE very much with Hill/Waddle
Long will come along? Based on what? His one catch for 4yds in 2 seasons? TE unit is short on genuine depth. It's basically Smythe right now. No way am i assuming that Long is going to progress. Especially if Smythe misses any games. They have to at least shore up that unit with some depth.

I can’t believe some poster think we’re okay with what we have?

I honestly think we're fine at TE, Long will come along and Smythe is underrated. Plus we don't use the TE very much with Hill/Waddle
People have a tendency to overrate their own team’s players. Long and Smythe are JAGs on their best day. We don’t need an elite TE with our scheme and roster, but we do need a guy that makes teams think twice about double covering Hill and Waddle every play.

I can’t believe some poster think we’re okay with what we have?
If you are referring to me, I would rather build our team methodically to create a long term dynasty. I believe in being CAP conscious And not mortgaging our future. If we can add talent in an affordable way, I’m all for it. But this year we are draft limited and CAP strapped.

This season presents us with an opportunity to set ourselves up financially for the long term, if we can be disciplined. It also allows us to re-sign key players like Wilkins. Finally, it allows us to see how Tua will recover and if he can remain healthy all the while still being very competitive.

Instead of talking about breaking the bank on runningbacks, I thought we could talk about something that might actually fix this team. Offensive linemen.

1. Orlando Brown Jr. - T - can play both right and left tackle spots, 4 time pro bowler, might end up being highest paid linemen in the NFL. Don't think we can afford him.

2. Mike McGlinchy - T - Great run blocker, was with McD in SF. Ranks top 10 in run blocking, did allow 6 sacks this year. Would be an excellent addition. My favorite on this list.

3. Jason Kelce - C - aging but a monster, most likley resigns with Eagles

4. Dalton Risner - G - just a solid all around linemen. Least penalized gaurd in the NFL this season.

5. Ben Powers - G - posted 2nd best pass blocking grade in the NFL this year. Would be a great addition.

6. Kaleb McGary - T - 2nd best run blocking Tackle in the league this year.

7. Jawaan Tayor - T - Excellent pass pro. Not great at run blocking, hes a huge human so run blocking should improve. Might be a great fit bc price tag might not be outrageous.

8. Isaac Seumalo - G - Excellent in pass pro. Only allowed 1 sack all year.

9. Kelvin Beachum - T - not exactly a probowler but would be an upgrade for us. Very consistent mid-teir tackle. Price would be right.

10. Ethan Pocic - C - soild player, Browns want to keep him but are tight on cap space. For the crowd that wants to move Williams back to gaurd this would be a good pickup.
The Dolphins NEED 3 or 4 o lineman AGAIN this year - what a disaster this organization has become!! What a shame!!!

Back
Top Bottom