Free agents we actaully MUST add - Offensive Linemen | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free agents we actaully MUST add - Offensive Linemen

I can’t believe some poster think we’re okay with what we have?
Thing is, Tua can absolutely do damage with this OL as he gets rid of the ball really quick... But this OL isnt Backup friendly at all as is. When the QB doesnt get rid of the ball under ~3 seconds, the unit gets in trouble... Many ways to go about fixing the problem. With limited resources, I'd just go out and get a solid TE, that blocks well, a guy that can turn into a 6th OL when needed. That would fix 2 needs with one spot, and should end up less costly than signing a solid OL.

The Dolphins NEED 3 or 4 o lineman AGAIN this year - what a disaster this organization has become!! What a shame!!!
We already have 3 guys that are top 10 at their position. We’re just very weak at the 2 other spots.

Improving at even just one of them would be huge. We also need to begin next year with a reliable backup for Armstead, as opposed to searching for one after he’s set to miss a few games.

But the line doesn’t need a major overhaul. It’s just that weak links in ur Oline can really hurt an otherwise solid group. And unless AJ has made some massive leap since 2021, we currently have 2 of them.

Long will come along? Based on what? His one catch for 4yds in 2 seasons? TE unit is short on genuine depth. It's basically Smythe right now. No way am i assuming that Long is going to progress. Especially if Smythe misses any games. They have to at least shore up that unit with some depth.
Hayden Hurst would be my target.

Thing is, Tua can absolutely do damage with this OL as he gets rid of the ball really quick... But this OL isnt Backup friendly at all as is. When the QB doesnt get rid of the ball under ~3 seconds, the unit gets in trouble... Many ways to go about fixing the problem. With limited resources, I'd just go out and get a solid TE, that blocks well, a guy that can turn into a 6th OL when needed. That would fix 2 needs with one spot, and should end up less costly than signing a solid OL.

Oh agreed! But that’s how Tua gets killed and teams can anticipate luring him into bad throws…He HAS TO get rid of it in under 3 seconds or else.

Worst, What happens when he’s most likely hurt again next season and that back up that’s nowhere as quick with diagnosis what he’s seeing and making those quick decisions come in for relief?

Point being, fielding a better OL not only helps keep Tua upright b it it does wonders for anyone else backing him up.

David Long Jr (titians) looks like our kind of free agent. Plays at a position where we need an upgrade (LB). Late round pick who has blossomed into an above average player who hasn't never played a full season in the NFL.

Makes me wonder if this dude read this thread
Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

Back
Top Bottom