Free Agents | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free Agents

I was going to add him, but I read somewhere he wanted a contract similar to Christian McCaffrey
Yeah... he may want that... Hell, I want that... but it doesn't mean he will get that kind of offer, especially in a year that most teams don't have any money.

I'm willing to put a 'wait and see' on him.

Curtis Samuel would fit very well if we are not drafting Waddle. It’s likely the panthers will let him walk

Parker, Smith, Samuel is a dynamic 1-3

I wanted justin Simmons last year before he was franchise tagged so I’d hope we go after him again. Upgrading from McCain is a key to the off-season for me.

Wilson, Bowden, Williams would be an excellent 4-5-6 behind that trio.

Still not sold on that line though. Improvement was made, but so much further to go. One possibly 2 pieces of that line need to be upgraded immediately in order to allow Tua and whatever weapons are brought in to function.

Reddick failed at off ball he had to become primarily an on the los edge guy to make good tbis year with the cards.

I do like the fit for us but I do think he’d be more rotational 34 olb paired with van ginkel and I’m not sure the money investment I’d expect for his services given the year he’s coming off of would be a smart play for Miami.

Sheldon rankins if we let godchaux walk

Chris Godwin at wr but I doubt he’s getting away from brady

Taylor moton is gonna be very pricy at right tackle

at corner Hilton or Desmond king for me but those are more slot guys Id say. Hilton plays well for the steelers not sure Miami wants to dump legit money in slot given what’s already invested draft and free agency at cb

lavonte David is a stud but I doubt miamis gonna spend that kinda money in free agency. He’s probably a $16 mil per lb. flat out stud

will fullers suspended for peds Id be careful there unless it’s a bargain as a result

This team has 4 draft picks in the first 2 rounds as of now. I think things are looking good for us to to be able to trade down with #3, and end up with 1 or 2 more picks. If things fall our way, and we do get 6 picks(3,1st, and 3, 2nd) we could address 6 of the 7 positions of need. Seems we will have the cap space to be able to add 2 impact FA. Position of needs.
WR
RB
OT
C
Edge
LB
S
After only the second offseason of a rebuild we are setting pretty.

Sheldon rankins if we let godchaux walk

Chris Godwin at wr but I doubt he’s getting away from brady

Taylor moton is gonna be very pricy at right tackle

at corner Hilton or Desmond king for me but those are more slot guys Id say. Hilton plays well for the steelers not sure Miami wants to dump legit money in slot given what’s already invested draft and free agency at cb

lavonte David is a stud but I doubt miamis gonna spend that kinda money in free agency. He’s probably a $16 mil per lb. flat out stud

will fullers suspended for peds Id be careful there unless it’s a bargain as a result
I agree on all of this. Lavonte David is one that I am not sure of his asking price. In a year when teams want have the cap originally thought, it could get interesting.

I listed the corners as a backup option should Howard or Jones be moved on from, which is unlikely. I would rather sign a Justin Simmons at safety, let McCain battle for that slot corner

I don't see the value at FA WR. FA WRs are historically a bad bet. People see the big effect Diggs had, but that was a very rare outcome. And Miami already has the 11th highest allocation of their Salary cap to WR. They could get it down a bit by cutting Hurns and/or Grant. They could also cut Wilson, but he's also the exact kind of play maker they would look to add. I'm not sure we'd be any better off trying to cut Wilson and then trying to add a guy like him at what would probably be a higher cost.

I like a couple of the LB FAs but I also think that Miami quietly had one of the best LB units in the league last year. None of the names are huge, but as a unit they played really well after a rough start. Baker, van Noy and Van Ginkel all played very well. Even Elandon Roberts filled his role at a high level after playing unevenly early on. I expect that he'll be easy to bring back as well as Biegel who looked like a perfect piece for a Flores defense before getting hurt. I could see upgrading MLB to a better three down guy if the opportunity arises but I'm not listing it as a need.

I do see the attraction of an Aaron Jones. He'll be pricey and I'm hesitant to spend big on RBs in FA, but the team seemed ready to spend the money on LeVeon Bell so who knows what the team will do. I actually have less of a problem using a higher draft pick on a RB than I do spending FA money. Either way, RBs are big impact players that are often fungible, but if you miss on a big money FA RB, you're on the hook that salary. If you miss on an early round RB you can move on easily and try again. And while I don't want to use 18 on a RB (my preference is to use 2A on whomever of Harris, Etienne or Williams makes it there), I can at least take some solace in knowing that we'll have him locked up on a five year rookie deal instead of the usual four.

Diggs was a trade not FA, but I generally agree with your sentiment, especially this year when the cap will not rise. For WRs the league has shown in recent history that you can get contributors immediately in the mid rounds of the draft. There is little point in my mind giving any one of these FA WRs a Mike Wallace kind of deal when you can pick up someone in the those mid rounds who will play on a rookie deal. I don't see a world beater in that group, certainly no one I would pay what they are asking for.

I would personally focus FA money on resigning our own players, such as extending Ogbah, and if there is money left over filling any holes we have on the D, so we can focus O in the draft.

Chris Godwin is the wild card for me if he doesn't get tagged. I'd make him priority 1 if he hits the open market.

Otherwise, I'd prefer to go heavy on skill position guys in the draft and plug other holes in FA. Upgrade from McCain to Marcus Williams or Justin Simmons. Thuney is interesting if they decide to stick with Hunt at RT; obvious connection there. Would love to add Reddick, Floyd, or Judon.

This team has 4 draft picks in the first 2 rounds as of now. I think things are looking good for us to to be able to trade down with #3, and end up with 1 or 2 more picks. If things fall our way, and we do get 6 picks(3,1st, and 3, 2nd) we could address 6 of the 7 positions of need. Seems we will have the cap space to be able to add 2 impact FA. Position of needs.
WR
RB
OT
C
Edge
LB
S
After only the second offseason of a rebuild we are setting pretty.
I guess I would prefer to use our no 3 overall pick to take a stud player vs trading down and getting guys that have as good a chance of turning into Charles Harris types as anything. We need playmakers. Had to be one available at no 3.

Curtis Samuel would fit very well if we are not drafting Waddle. It’s likely the panthers will let him walk

Parker, Smith, Samuel is a dynamic 1-3

I wanted justin Simmons last year before he was franchise tagged so I’d hope we go after him again. Upgrading from McCain is a key to the off-season for me.
That would be an excellent wide receiver group. Simmons depends on salary, but yes would love to add him.

Chris Godwin is the wild card for me if he doesn't get tagged. I'd make him priority 1 if he hits the open market.

Otherwise, I'd prefer to go heavy on skill position guys in the draft and plug other holes in FA. Upgrade from McCain to Marcus Williams or Justin Simmons. Thuney is interesting if they decide to stick with Hunt at RT; obvious connection there. Would love to add Reddick, Floyd, or Judon.
I read that Floyd is interesting in going to the Chargers. Just speculation at this point, but he is a dynamic pass rusher. I wonder what his salary would be? I assume somewhere close to $18-20 million per year.

Rb i want to bring in Jamal Williams from GB

My WR choice is Godwin

Exactly how is the Covid going to impact FA this year? It's obvious teams are not going to have the money to sign a lot of these guys to what they want. WHo does that benefit the most? Here is an example of my question. Let's say Justin Simmons wants a 4 years 60 million contract. This would make him highest paid safety. Will he get that or does he have to settle for a 1 year deal for 13 million, and negotiate again next year? Let's say Miami signed JS to that 1 year deal. Would they promise to give him him what he wants next year providing he performs to the same level as this year? Do these FA want the possibility of playing for 3 teams in 3 years?

Back
Top Bottom