Free Agents | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free Agents

Diggs was a trade not FA, but I generally agree with your sentiment, especially this year when the cap will not rise. For WRs the league has shown in recent history that you can get contributors immediately in the mid rounds of the draft. There is little point in my mind giving any one of these FA WRs a Mike Wallace kind of deal when you can pick up someone in the those mid rounds who will play on a rookie deal. I don't see a world beater in that group, certainly no one I would pay what they are asking for.

I would personally focus FA money on resigning our own players, such as extending Ogbah, and if there is money left over filling any holes we have on the D, so we can focus O in the draft.
Agree, concentrate on signing our own players. Add Samuel at the right price. Maybe extend Karras. Definitely Ogbah.

I guess I would prefer to use our no 3 overall pick to take a stud player vs trading down and getting guys that have as good a chance of turning into Charles Harris types as anything. We need playmakers. Had to be one available at no 3.
That's a real dilemma because Miami could get some significant offers. That #3 pick has a lot of value to teams needing a quarterback.

Smith is the player I most want in the draft. I'm not sure the front office feels the same way, though.

Curtis Samuel would fit very well if we are not drafting Waddle. It’s likely the panthers will let him walk

Parker, Smith, Samuel is a dynamic 1-3

I wanted justin Simmons last year before he was franchise tagged so I’d hope we go after him again. Upgrading from McCain is a key to the off-season for me.
Simmons will be asking for at least 15 million a year. Makes him highest paid S. Do you think the Dolphins will shell out right at 47 million for the defensive backfield? This for just 3 players.

I think by Summer most people in the US will have been vaccinated. I would hope so anyway. Making it possible for full attendance at games. You would think the cap should be fine or should be considering that. Combine was canceled so who knows about FA's and Covid. I think 2 or 3 year deals would be safe.

Yeah I would totally disagree with any our lb level played very well this year stuff...

unless you are referring to our 34 olbs in that which played primarily on the los.

I consider them outside of van noy to not even be listed as lbs. they are on the los players yeah they may drop a little to the flats on zone blitz or something but they aren’t off ball guys and Miami doesn’t use em that way.

Id probably say front and second level and that second level needs work

Last edited:
JuJu Smith-Schuster is half Samoan and apparently has a connection with Tua. He doesn't come cheap but don't underestimate the possibility that JuJu becomes a Dolphin. WR is a position of need and he's a free agent. My hunch is that we don't solely rely on drafting a top WR, we also acquire one in free agency.

Is that really all there is at off ball lb in free agency?

maybe you could try reddick as a hybrid type but I don’t know I think he’s gonna be used like van ginkel and with those sack numbers you gonna pay for it I’m sure

some guys are just fish out of water off ball

I want A-Rob and still want to go after smith in the draft. I like our WR group but we dont have a true #1 guy. Imagine a 4 wr set with Davante, Preston, A-rob and Smith.....WOW. Rotate in Grant on some gadget plays and now the WR position is set and even in good shape when an injury happens. I would also like Aaron jones but would love to grab Najee with our 2nd round pick. Dream scenario is moving down from 3 and still being able to grab smith.

Is that really all there is at off ball lb in free agency?

maybe you could try reddick as a hybrid type but I don’t know I think he’s gonna be used like van ginkel and with those sack numbers you gonna pay for it I’m sure

some guys are just fish out of water off ball
My search was quick and not thorough at all last night. If I have time this evening, I will search a little more

David and Samuel are easily the 2 free agents to go after on this list. David is an impact player and Samuel very underrated and fans forget he was more of a RB at Ohio State and can be used on sweeps/ reverses/ etc like Tyreke Hill is used.

I dont want any mid-tier WR cuz we already have as good or better. PW was injured in 2020 but he aint dead and will be back next season. He was playing damn good.
A-Rob is the best of the bunch but even his franchise tag number will be too much cap hit.
Nope, it's drafted rookies and our own vets for 2021.

With approximately 26 million in cap space and having to sign a few (?) of our own free agents and our draft picks, what amount of money is available for free agency? We may need to forgo any expensive free agents. On the other hand many teams will need to cut or trade players so there should be many bargains.

Rankins and Wilkins on our interior would greatly affect opposing running games and push the pocket back into the QB. We were not great at the interior POA.
Rankins is a sure thing to improve our team with greater certainty than anything else. Smash the opposing center back and youre instantly changing your opponents plan.

With so many teams with cap problems, I am interested in trading with teams giving up low draft picks to take salaries off their hands, on players who normally would not hit free agency. Teams like the Saints etc.

Back
Top Bottom