Free Agents | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free Agents

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
What free agent would you like to aquire during the offseason the most?

at least - a new starting HB and a big physical interior O linemen - have not started to look at specific names, yet

Here's a list of the ones I don't want.

Miami's unrestricted free agents are DE Lorenzo Bromell, DE Kenny Mixon, CB Terry Cousin, P Matt Turk, S Brian Walker, OL Spencer Folau, OL Harry Swayne, S Scott McGarrahan and RB Lamar Smith. QB Jay Fiedler can also opt out of his contract, and TE Jed Weaver is a restricted free agent

I would definitely keep - at the right price -
P Matt Turk
S Scott McGarrahan
TE Jed Weaver (RFA)

I think McGarrahan will get other offers which would put him out of price range as a special teamer only. I have read on TSN not too long ago, that Shawn Draper will be the starting tightend next year. May be true maybe not, but it means he must be showing somebody something, for that to even come up. I guess Turk had a decent year and will get offers elsewhere, but seriously, how much would you pay a punter? Especially with all our other needs.

true - I really like Weaver and since he is a RFA we could make an offer that would get us a 3rd round pick or so if he signed elsewhere. Draper would replace Goodwin as the blocking TE.

How pathetic is it that we cannot run the ball with a solid FB like Dyer and 6 OL in the game counting Goodwin. :yell:

inFINsible...........

Originally posted by inFINSible
Here's a list of the ones I don't want.

Miami's unrestricted free agents are DE Lorenzo Bromell, DE Kenny Mixon, CB Terry Cousin, P Matt Turk, S Brian Walker, OL Spencer Folau, OL Harry Swayne, S Scott McGarrahan and RB Lamar Smith. QB Jay Fiedler can also opt out of his contract, and TE Jed Weaver is a restricted free agent

I have been impressed by Jed Weaver for the most part. He has proven to me that he can be a quality pass receiving TE out of the backfield. Also, I would like to see LoBro, back at a reasonable price along with Scott Mcgarrahan. Scott was our most consistent tackler on special teams in my opinion.

I would like to see us get:

RB Michael Pittman (Ariz)
OL Either.... Tarik Glenn (Indy), Chris Naeole (NO), Flozell Adams (Dal), McKinney (Indy) or Ron Stone (NYG).

Re: inFINsible...........

Originally posted by aqua&orange54

I have been impressed by Jed Weaver for the most part. He has proven to me that he can be a quality pass receiving TE out of the backfield. Also, I would like to see LoBro, back at a reasonable price along with Scott Mcgarrahan. Scott was our most consistent tackler on special teams in my opinion.

Go back and read my previous post about McG, and Shawn Draper.
LoBro had his chance this year to show what he can do. He showed us alright, 20 tackles and 6.5 sacks, not exactly the stats of someone I would be happy about picking up in free agency, would you?

Given the penalties, LoBro should not be a top priority. We need to have more well rounded DE - one that can do more than rush the passer. Like anyone else on the team, you know what you are getting from him, but he was not worth the 1 mil + he made this year.

And so it begins.....

The Dolphins signed two offensive linemen from their developmental squad, tackle Cornell Green and guard James Wagstaff, to contracts for the 2002 season

Okay, somebody figure out who these guys are, please.

Back
Top Bottom