Frerotte ahead of Feeley? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Frerotte ahead of Feeley?

PressCoverage

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
c'mon... never been much of a Frerotte fan... the two are similar in style and size, but Feeley is 6 years younger ... Why not develop him?...

A scouting guide describes them very much the same, with Frerotte 43rd, and Feeley 30th... The difference? Frerotte "will throw the ball up for grabs if not protected. ... Makes poor decisions.".... Feeley "has problems holding onto the ball. (But, what i agree with and love:) "Reads defenses well ... shows excellent instincts."

i DO like Feeley's potential, with decent arm strength and more than decent accuracy. Anyone judging Feeley based on last year's line in front of him is not being fair. ... He was tough, unflappable and a major factor in beating the Patriots.

I just hope head-banging Frerotte isn't gonna get the nod from Day 1 simply because he knows Linnehan's system. That hampered Feeley a lot last year, when Wannstedt gave so many summer reps to Fiedler.

I trust the coaches, but I just feel Frerotte is limited, and we don't yet know Feeley's ceiling.

discuss....

yeah and feely has a better quality.........hes a team leader you can just tell by the way he lead our team at the end of the year when everything was bad

only coach knows for sure - if he's seen something in feeley he can develop, then great. but if feeley is a bust, he's a bust - let frerotte play, let's win some games. there could be some much better options available next year for a young qb to develop quickly (ramsey eg) or a younger (than frerotte) veteran to step in (brees eg). shouldn't matter that we sent a second round to philly for him - if he can't play, he can't play, move on. and i'm not saying he can't play - training camp will reveal who should be starting and who should sit.

cowtowndick said:
only coach knows for sure - if he's seen something in feeley he can develop, then great. but if feeley is a bust, he's a bust - let frerotte play, let's win some games. there could be some much better options available next year for a young qb to develop quickly (ramsey eg) or a younger (than frerotte) veteran to step in (brees eg). shouldn't matter that we sent a second round to philly for him - if he can't play, he can't play, move on. and i'm not saying he can't play - training camp will reveal who should be starting and who should sit.

I couldn't agree more. Let them decide it on the field. Whoever wins the job wins the job. I will pull for them even if it is Feeley, who I admittedly dislisked. Just don't use this "lets use Feeley b/c he is younger and we don't know what he can do" line of BS. The same could be said about Berlin. We have yet to see what Brock can do and he is a lot younger than AJ. Lets give him all the 1st string reps. See it just doesn't work. If Gus is better, he should start.....PERIOD.

yeah, BS... of course... but see, Berlin hasn't thrown a single NFL pass, and many of his college passes were embarrassingly inadequate... so that's a rather "BS" comparison. ... Feeley went 4-1 with a good team around him, and beat the world champion Patriots with several stellar throws. .... I'd say that's potential...

anyhow, if he's given the opportunity to throw to Chambers, Booker, McMichael and Boston all summer, we'll see what he can do... But if it's going to be gelling with Thompson, Lee, Newsome and Bellamy... We won't see what he can do...

The coaching staff thought Fiedler deserved more first team reps last year... Let's hope the new staff doesn't make the same mistake... all i'm saying is, give him a fair shake...

gus sucks. whats the point of starting him? he isn't going to be the franchise QB. might as well let feeley start this year and see if he will be the future QB. if he sucks it up, then next year we definitely need a QB in the first day of the draft.

I think you are looking at youth versus the experience. They both have there ups and downs. With Feely you have the youth who can move around and make things happen. Sometimes that is bad when you try to force something to make it happen. The experience that Gus brings is that he is more likely not to try to force something, and go for the sure thing. Will probably read what's in front of him quicker as well. However probably doesn't have the quickness to get out of the pocket, and avoid trouble as easy. Hopefully Gus can be a mentor to Feely, and bring him a long faster with the new system, and keep him pumped up. I hope Gus pushes him to be better.

PressCoverage said:
c'mon... never been much of a Frerotte fan... the two are similar in style and size, but Feeley is 6 years younger ... Why not develop him?...

A scouting guide describes them very much the same, with Frerotte 43rd, and Feeley 30th... The difference? Frerotte "will throw the ball up for grabs if not protected. ... Makes poor decisions.".... Feeley "has problems holding onto the ball. (But, what i agree with and love:) "Reads defenses well ... shows excellent instincts."

i DO like Feeley's potential, with decent arm strength and more than decent accuracy. Anyone judging Feeley based on last year's line in front of him is not being fair. ... He was tough, unflappable and a major factor in beating the Patriots.

I just hope head-banging Frerotte isn't gonna get the nod from Day 1 simply because he knows Linnehan's system. That hampered Feeley a lot last year, when Wannstedt gave so many summer reps to Fiedler.

I trust the coaches, but I just feel Frerotte is limited, and we don't yet know Feeley's ceiling.

discuss....
Good to see you still around. I saw the beating you took. Glad to have you hear. If you ever out in So. Cal the beer is on me.

death7star said:
gus sucks. whats the point of starting him? he isn't going to be the franchise QB. might as well let feeley start this year and see if he will be the future QB. if he sucks it up, then next year we definitely need a QB in the first day of the draft.
So if AJ struggles to pick up the offense and doesn`t show any improvement from last year, you`d just keep him out there?

Well, as if we had any choice, but it's obviously up to Saban. Standing from the outside, though, I feel much the same. Unless he just looks at Feeley and concludes the guy doesn't have enough to him to invest development in him, I'd hope he'd play Feeley over Frerotte.

I hope the guy who plays better in training camp is named the starter. I don't think either Qb will be the "answer," but I don't think AJ should play just because he's younger.

I have a lot of respect for Feeley. The season was in the toilet and he kept on firing. I love his spitfire attitude, even with no RB and a horrible offensive scheme he still managed to hang in there, and hanging in there when things are going bad is the true definition of a leader. He hung in there long enough to take the Patriots out with a bad team....so who know's what he will do with some help.

No matter what, Gus Frerotte is not our long term answer at QB. Feeley still has a chance to be that guy. For that reason, I think that unless Feeley has a totally disastrous training camp, AJ will be the starter. Saban wants to make sure that Feeley is working hard, so he's not going to just hand him the starting job. I think that's the only reason why Saban says the job is up for grabs.

FinsDontGiveIn said:
I have a lot of respect for Feeley. The season was in the toilet and he kept on firing. I love his spitfire attitude, even with no RB and a horrible offensive scheme he still managed to hang in there, and hanging in there when things are going bad is the true definition of a leader. He hung in there long enough to take the Patriots out with a bad team....so who know's what he will do with some help.

well said... but i thought i read somewhere 2-3 days ago that Frerotte had the edge right now with the first team... i think it was fanball.com...

I would prefer AJ started this year but I think I heard last year that he has a reputation of being a lousy practice player but a gamer. Yea I know how many INT'S he threw, but I dont think he had a real chance last year with Wannys (lack of a) system. If Saban goes only by practice, and AJ really is a GAMER, then I dont think he starts.

Back
Top Bottom