Frerotte has slight advantage | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Frerotte has slight advantage

Y we even signed Gus in the first place is WAY beyond me. plus why would we give him a shot at starter. Theres a reason why he has been released by every team within 2 or 3 years.

jlfin said:
Well when they made the trade with Philly, RS stated that they broke down every play of every game that Feeley played in, including all of his preseason performances. They concluded that he had a significant upside.
I guess you have more inside info on Feeley than the Dolphins do.

Nothing is worse than being uninformed and opinionated.

Don't give me that sh*t. I defended this trade when it happened based only on the fact that they had broken down film that I hadn't seen. I never claimed to have more inside info, but I do have a fair record of predicting QB success. I defended RS despite the fact that I said I had not seen anything in AJ to inspire my confidence. And I said all this a year ago. I have been consistent and so far nothing has happened to make me reconsider my evaluation. It is not uninformed to have a different opinion.

Here is some thought coming outside the orange and aqua brain cells....

Ferrotte was a bronco, couple of years ago. He doesn't have much of an upside. He doesn't throw the deep ball with accuracy, and doesn't use his WR as much as we liked. He is good leader, he can win games if the o-line is solid. He hangs on to the ball a little bit to long. He is accurate with 10 yard passes. He grasps a system in fairly short time. A good backup, but a mediocre starter.

My oppinion, is that Feely scares me more. He throws his share of TD the other way, but I think in his 2nd year, he will blossom. He clearly holds on to the ball a little bit too long.

AS a Bronco fan, hope to see Ferrotte as the starter on day 1 against the Broncos.

Sage ain't gettin' it in their opinion

feeleyrox said:
Y we even signed Gus in the first place is WAY beyond me. plus why would we give him a shot at starter. Theres a reason why he has been released by every team within 2 or 3 years.
Because Rosenfels has been weighed in the balance and found wanting. I assure you that everyone on the coaching staff wants Feeley to win the starting job, he's younger and has a better arm. Frerotte knows the offensive system and has has started more NFL games that Feeley and has won more of them. Why did Shula sign Earl Morrall?

OrangeCrush said:
Here is some thought coming outside the orange and aqua brain cells....

Ferrotte was a bronco, couple of years ago. He doesn't have much of an upside. He doesn't throw the deep ball with accuracy, and doesn't use his WR as much as we liked. He is good leader, he can win games if the o-line is solid. He hangs on to the ball a little bit to long. He is accurate with 10 yard passes. He grasps a system in fairly short time. A good backup, but a mediocre starter.

My oppinion, is that Feely scares me more. He throws his share of TD the other way, but I think in his 2nd year, he will blossom. He clearly holds on to the ball a little bit too long.

AS a Bronco fan, hope to see Ferrotte as the starter on day 1 against the Broncos.

I thought Griese did better for you guys than Frerotte.

I really hope that Rosenfels just brings it turing TC and Pre-Season, so that he can be our starting QB. I always love to see the underdogs win and do good, and i think that Rosenfels can do just that.

PhinDude88 said:
I really hope that Rosenfels just brings it turing TC and Pre-Season, so that he can be our starting QB. I always love to see the underdogs win and do good, and i think that Rosenfels can do just that.

Or maybe Brock Berlin pulls a Brady...

Step Up

PhinDude88 said:
"I really hope that Rosenfels just brings it turing TC and Pre-Season, so that he can be our starting QB. I always love to see the underdogs win and do good, and i think that Rosenfels can do just that."
I'll be happy to see anyone step up and take the job. Sage is certainly a sentimental fan favorite.
jlfin said:
"(T)o suggest that he is worth only a 7th rd pick is just plain uninformed. You can't be taken seriously after making such an asinine remark."
We will be lucky to get any pick for him or anything more than a sham trade if he doesn't win the job.
Regan21286 said:
"Or maybe Brock Berlin pulls a Brady..."
Heck yeah, go for it Brock.

PhinDude88 said:
This boy will only be good at being water boy.

It's still fair game. I'll bet Pats fans didn't think much of Brady when he got drafted. Heck, even Dan Marino right now can beat out Feeley or Frerotte for the job. Certainly a fan favorite though.

Regan21286 said:
It's still fair game. I'll bet Pats fans didn't think much of Brady when he got drafted. Heck, even Dan Marino right now can beat out Feeley or Frerotte for the job. Certainly a fan favorite though.

Just think that if Bledsoe didnt get hurt, then the Pats wouldnt of won them 3 SB and brady would prob be a backup QB on another team. BB might not even be the Pats HC right now.

GreenMonster said:
Gus Ferrotte has better #'s than any QB you have on your roster.. Its like saying if Losman has a bad year you should draft a new QB next year. Give Feeley a chance he has started like 8 games for the Phins. Ferrotte in a journeymans role has been a better QB than Holcomb, and until Losman plays he is a NFL rookie..

Losman is a rookie, but if we're comparing the two, this is make or break for Feeley, he's not gonna get the time period that Losman will get because of the age difference. I think Losman is going to succeed, he's gonna go through growing pains, but he's got Mike Mularkey who made Tommy Maddox and Kordell Stewert look like NFL Qb's. This is Aj's last chance to prove he can be a starter, or if he's just Rob Johnson, with the NFL ability and no knowledge on how to read a defense.

PhinDude88 said:
Just think that if Bledsoe didnt get hurt, then the Pats wouldnt of won them 3 SB and brady would prob be a backup QB on another team. BB might not even be the Pats HC right now.

That would've been superb! Maybe Saban had something in mind in keeping Berlin as a wild card. It could mean a Saban-Berlin as the next Belichick-Brady... :cooldude:

Regan21286 said:
That would've been superb! Maybe Saban had something in mind in keeping Berlin as a wild card. It could mean a Saban-Berlin as the next Belichick-Brady... :cooldude:

If only Berlin had the decision making or physical tools that scouts knew Brady had.

Saban is just using the media to make feeley step his game up. I think its funny as hell how saban dupes the media like he did in the draft. no way will ferrote start ,unless aj gets hurt.

Back
Top Bottom