Frerotte VS. Fiedler | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Frerotte VS. Fiedler

Canadianfishfan

FinHeavean VIP
Reaction score
Does anyone else have more confidence in Frerotte as a back up than Fiedler? I also believe its GF that will take over the helm at some point this seaon... For that we might be surprised if he played like he did filling in for Culpepper last year.

Canadianfishfan said:
Does anyone else have more confidence in Frerotte as a back up than Fiedler? I also believe its GF that will take over the helm at some point this seaon... For that we might be surprised if he played like he did filling in for Culpepper last year.

Umm yeah. That's obvious.

From the stories I have heard around here and from other sites about what Feeley had to put up with last year. Mainly the fact the old offense wouldn't audiable, once they called a play it stayed the same. The WR's wouldn't even change routes to help for the blitz.

I feel giving Feeley the chance to call plays when he sees the blitz could help a ton. Things should be better, if Feeley goes down or can't cut the mustard, I have faith in Gus.

I still think Feeley can handle it.

Canadianfishfan said:

Both Fiedler and Frerotte were and are better options than AJ.

Between Fiedler and Frerotte, Gus is the better option to run the deep game Linehan is bringing in. Jay is a better WCO QB

If Gus has half a shot during pre-season, he will easily be the starter come opening day.

Miami will be choosing its QB of the future in next year's draft...

Dolphan_B said:

Between Fiedler and Frerotte, Gus is the better option to run the deep game Linehan is bringing in. Jay is a better WCO QB

If Gus has half a shot during pre-season, he will easily be the starter come opening day.

Fielder has heart, but when he throws deep he should just hand the ball to the other team. He lacks the power on his throws also, always seems like they are moving in slow motion.

I have more faith in Feeley then I ever had in Fiedler. Donno how much that says though heh.

Please lets stop saying the fiedler is better than AJ

Fiedler sucked ok, give him the chance to win a game on his arm and we were destined to lose. Niether fiedelr and feely are as good as ferotte, ferotte has a much better arm than the two.

Dolphan_B said:
I give Fiedler more credit than a lot of others on this board but I totally disagree with you on this statement. A.J. showed too much potential in a terrible situation. He has heart just like Fiedler does. Like many of us have said before: It's too soon to say Feeley sucks or is the 2nd best QB Miami ever had.

Canadianfishfan said:

Who said he is going to be a back up? looks to me like its an open competition.

Why Why Why Why ?????

Why are we still talking about Fielder ? Let it go folks :shakeno:
That ERA is over, why keep bringing it up ? Lets take a deep breathe and know we have finally moved on.:eek:

Dolphan_B said:

I agree with you that Gus will be the starter this season, but I don't agree that Fiedler is/was a better option than AJ...I think all things considered, they were equal. Gus is better all around than either of them.

gofins said:
I give Fiedler more credit than a lot of others on this board but I totally disagree with you on this statement. A.J. showed too much potential in a terrible situation. He has heart just like Fiedler does. Like many of us have said before: It's too soon to say Feeley sucks or is the 2nd best QB Miami ever had.

2nd best? 1.Marino 2. Bob Griese 3.Earl Morral, Don Strock etc... But Feeley #2 lets not get over excited here! Imo even Woodley is above him at this point.

Canadianfishfan said:

Yep, then the question becomes do you have anymore confidence in AJ then Fiedler?

Let's compare...

AJ, first year with starts: 86/154, 58.8, 1011 yds., 6 TDs, 5 Int., 75.4
AJ, 2nd year with starts: 191/356, 53.7, 1893, 11-15, 61.7

Steve Young, 1st year: 72/138, 52.2, 935, 3-8, 56.9
Steve Young, 2nd year: 195/363, 53.7, 2282, 8-13, 65.5

Now, I am not suggesting that AJ is the next Steve Young. I simply propose that it is way too early to give up on him. It is totally unfair to judge anyone's performance based on the Miami Dolphin's 2004 season (except Wannstedt's, of course). We had no discernable offensive system, a totally incompetent offensive line, injuries to skill players, etc. ad nauseum. How can anybody lay the blame for the total offensive ineptitude on AJ?

Hey, Tampa Bay gave up on Steve Young. He got together with an effective system and solid coaching, and he gets to go to the hall with Danny...

pilotfish said:
AJ, first year with starts: 86/154, 58.8, 1011 yds., 6 TDs, 5 Int., 75.4
AJ, 2nd year with starts: 191/356, 53.7, 1893, 11-15, 61.7

Steve Young, 1st year: 72/13/, 52.2, 935, 3-8, 56.9
Steve Young, 2nd year: 195/363, 53.7, 2282, 8-13, 65.5

Now, I am not suggesting that AJ is the next Steve Young. I simply propose that it is way too early to give up on him. It is totally unfair to judge anyone's performance based on the Miami Dolphin's 2004 season (except Wannstedt's, of course). We had no discernable offensive system, a totally incompetent offensive line, injuries to skill players, etc. ad nauseum. How can anybody lay the blame for the total offensive ineptitude on AJ?

Hey, Tampa Bay gave up on Steve Young. He got together with an effective system and solid coaching, and he gets to go to the hall with Danny...

I agree about not giving up on him yet. But he will need to perform better under pressure this year. He had a tremendous amount of pressure last year from the Swiss Cheese OL line and the fact that not even a high school team would respect the RB's that Miami was using last year.

That being said, AJ will have every opportunity to prove that he has the ability to play well or Gus will get the ball and not give it back. I still don't like that we gave Philly a 2nd round pick for him, when NE gave a second rd pick for Corey Dillon. No comparison there.

Back
Top Bottom