Fresh News: 8th Circuit Court Ruling | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fresh News: 8th Circuit Court Ruling

Here that? That is the sound of empty NFL stadiums on Sundays this fall. I have a bad feeling this is going to blow up the talks, regardless of what they are currently saying. Bad timing.

I'm afraid so...especially if ANYONE appeals ANYTHING in ANY JUDGE's Decision thus far to the U.S. Supreme Court. If THAT happens, football will resume...some time in late 2015, w/a little bit of luck.

Surprise surprise, reports are surfacing that today was not a good day of negotiations and talks have basically stalled. No word yet if they will work into the weekend.

Surprise surprise, reports are surfacing that today was not a good day of negotiations and talks have basically stalled. No word yet if they will work into the weekend.

Well, that's JUST TRUCKIN' (expletive deleted) GREAT! I'm REALLY starting to worry now, N-man...and not only about the 2011season, either. This could "go South" and get REALLY ugly very easily and quickly.

Here that? That is the sound of empty NFL stadiums on Sundays this fall. I have a bad feeling this is going to blow up the talks, regardless of what they are currently saying. Bad timing.

You don't think both parties saw this coming? You think the lawyers are shocked? I don't - they want to deal - the posturing is thankfully over

The players are not going to take this to the supreme court and allow themselves to starve in the meantime - this board is getting freakin hilarious

Ohhh for ****SSSS sake,just get the DAMN deal done so the business of NFL Football can resume!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The players are not going to take this to the supreme court and allow themselves to starve in the meantime - this board is getting freakin hilarious

Not the players, for the reason you gave. How about the Owners, who have been preparing a "war chest", in anticipation of all of this, for quite a while? What if the Owners have decided, "Let's crush this so-called Union once and for all"? What if they feel that THEY are the ones who put up a Billion+ Dollars for a new Stadium (e.g., J JONES), and that as a result, THEY should get the "lion's share" of the revenue pie? So, they sacrifice a season, write off the loss on their taxes, and make an example out of the present generation of players and the NFLPA?

How's THAT sound? After all, by getting the "lion's share", they would make up all that lost money very quickly...and the tax write-off might well be awesome. These guys are Billionaires, and they'll end up making/keeping a lot more $$$, and w/less headaches.

Not the players, for the reason you gave. How about the Owners, who have been preparing a"war chest", in anticipation of all this, for quite a while? What if the Owners have decided, "Let's crush this so-called Union once and for all"? What if they feel that THEY are the ones who put up a Billion+ Dollars for a new Stadium (e.g., J JONES), and that as a result, THEY should get the "lion's share" of the revenue pie? So, they sacrifice a season, write off the loss on their taxes, and make an example out of the present generation of players and the NFLPA?

How's THAT sound? After all, by getting the "lion's share", they'll make up all that lost money very quickly...and the tax write-off might well be awesome. These guys are Billionaires, and they'll end up making/keeping a lot more $$$, and w/less headaches.
I might be wrong,but i don't think the owners would do that,they like to make money just like everybody else,and even with this "war chest",they'd lose lots of money...and lets just say for sh!ts&giggles,they did do that,and there was no NFL until the 2012 season,as badly as us fans wanted NFL Football back,they'd run the risk of fans not showing up to their stadiums to watch any games just to get even with both the owners and players for doing all this..hence,no revenue coming in,and even more money lost...jmo for what it's worth.

I might be wrong,but i don't think the owners would do that,they like to make money just like everybody else,and even with this "war chest",they'd lose lots of money...and lets just say for sh!ts&giggles,they did do that,and there was no NFL until the 2012 season,as badly as us fans wanted NFL Football back,they'd run the risk of fans not showing up to their stadiums to watch any games just to get even with both the owners and players for doing all this..hence,no revenue coming in,and even more money lost...jmo for what it's worth.

What's better for the Owners? A 52-48 split of the revenue pie for the foreseeable future, or say, a 2-1 split from c. 2013 on, w/no money in 2011 and 2012, but a sweet tax write-off? Don't forget, the Owners are Billionaires, w/other economic interests. To them, any "loss" is almost a tax shelter.

What's better for the Owners? A 52-48 split of the revenue pie for the foreseeable future, or say, a 2-1 split from c. 2013 on, w/no money in 2011 and 2012, but a sweet tax write-off? Don't forget, the Owners are Billionaires, w/other economic interests. To them, any "loss" is almost a tax shelter.
I get what you're saying,but the Owners like to make money,just like the rest of us,and i'm pretty sure that the idea of not making any money on their teams(ie,no season,and no football)won't sit too well with them. Because despite their other businesses,and means of making money,their teams not playing any football will cause them to lose lots&lots of greenbacks,and that's not a good thing for them...or at least that's what i'd think.

...and lets just say for sh!ts&giggles,they did do that,and there was no NFL until the 2012 season,as badly as us fans wanted NFL Football back,they'd run the risk of fans not showing up to their stadiums to watch any games just to get even with both the owners and players for doing all this..hence,no revenue coming in,and even more money lost...jmo for what it's worth.

With very few exceptions (I'm one: I've never bought any "jersey", or even a team's cap) fans are like ADDICTS, i/m/o. AS SOON AS FOOTBALL RESUMED, NOT ONLY WOULD THE STADIUMS BE SOLD OUT, but the fans will also be watching record amounts of games on TV/Cable, spending record amounts of money on useless crap like "jerseys" etc, and paying absurd amounts of money at the games for cold junkfood and warm beers. YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE: YOU ALL DO. So, stop w/all the "demise of NFL Football" crapola, already...or as the comedienne JOAN RIVERS often says, "Oh, GROW UP!".

With very few exceptions (I'm one: I've never bought any "jersey", or even a team's cap) fans are like ADDICTS, i/m/o. AS SOON AS FOOTBALL RESUMED, NOT ONLY WOULD THE STADIUMS BE SOLD OUT, but the fans will also be watching record amounts of games on TV/Cable, spending record amounts of money on useless crap like "jerseys" etc, and paying absurd amounts of money at the games for cold junkfood and warm beers. YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE: YOU ALL DO. So, stop w/all the "demise of NFL Football" crapola, already...or as the comedienne JOAN RIVERS often says, "Oh, GROW UP!".
I'd wager a months pay that says you'd be right about that,but there's that very slim chance you could be wrong too,though i doubt it.

Mark Maske of the Washington Post reports that a new NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement remains "well within reach" by next week.
NFL Network's Albert Breer painted a grimmer picture on Total Access Friday evening, but now all reporters covering the labor talks are cautioning that regression hasn't occurred. Maske does confirm that "progress slowed today." NFL Network's Jason La Canfora insists that the week of July 11-15 will be crucial. No face-to-face meetings will occur until Monday at the soonest, but owner-player communication is expected to be ongoing.

Back
Top Bottom