Fresh News: 8th Circuit Court Ruling | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fresh News: 8th Circuit Court Ruling

They most certainly CAN order her. The language typically reads "Reversed and remanded, with order to the trial Court to enter an Order consistent with this decision". If you don't know what you're talking about, ask someone. This is not only "legalese", but a very SPECIALIZED legalese, to wit, Appellate Practice and Procedure.

:lol:

The usual "I know more than you defense". You're wrong, plain and simple. Your dream scenario is just that. Typing up what you want to happen doesn't mean it's going to...

What's better for the Owners? A 52-48 split of the revenue pie for the foreseeable future, or say, a 2-1 split from c. 2013 on, w/no money in 2011 and 2012, but a sweet tax write-off? Don't forget, the Owners are Billionaires, w/other economic interests. To them, any "loss" is almost a tax shelter.

I think everyone's losing sight of the business side of this. The owners may be billionaires, but each NFL franchise is a business. Each franchise is it's own entity, separate from the personal assets of the owner. Each franchise uses its own revenue to cover the business expenses, this is not coming from the owner's bank account. Also, I'm pretty sure most of these owners are worth billions; but that's net worth. It's not like these guys have billions of dollars in liquid assets, to simply pony up to shelter their franchise from loses sustained by lost revenue. They were planning on using the TV money as cash flow to sustain their businesses costs should they have to lose a season. With that $ now tied up in litigation, they can't really afford (small market teams anyway) to lose out on this revenue. I'm confident a deal will get done by next week. Even if it doesn't, it will get done in time for pre-season, there's too much to lose on both sides.

No meetings this weekend, owners and players will not meet face to face until Tuesday or Wednesday. On top of that Judge Boylan will not be involved anymore until July 19th. There is a report that he doesn't believe anything will happen deal wise until July 19th at the EARLIEST.

wake me when it's over

never knew it took so much brain power to manage a football labor agreement.

maybe bring in some nasa scientists or nuclear engineers, this is clearly some complicated problem solving.

Back
Top Bottom