Fresh news | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fresh news

F150&Dolfan said:
That sucks. When this whole thing began we were all talking about a 1st or 2nd for Surtain and now that there have been no takers we are willing to settle for a 4th this year and a 2nd next year. We should just make the ******* stay in Miami.

Wouldn't it be funny if the Chiefs give us that 2nd+5th round value by giving us their 4th, 5th, 5th, 5th, 6th, and 7th and then their 4th+5th next year. That would extend our day 2 just a little bit. :roflmao:

Well the main problem is that with a 2nd round pick this year, we know it would be the # 45 pick or whatever it is. But we have no idea where that 2nd round pick will be next year. If the Chiefs still bring their offense next year and the D gets better with their additions, you have to think they're better than the 7-9 team they were this year. And if that's the case, the value of that 2nd goes down in 2006. If they're a playoff team in 2005, that 2nd starts to look more like a high 3rd round pick. That's why we'd prefer the known quantity this year at # 45. So the Dolphins worst case scenario is that the Chiefs become a good playoff team and for CB Patrick Surtain, we get a 4th round pick and another pick that looks like a high 3rd.

If Saban can live with that (and it does clear about 5-6 mil for us right?) then I guess he does it and trys to get the best player in the 4th round this year that he can. We'll see!

[QUOTE='Phins & 'Canes]Well the main problem is that with a 2nd round pick this year, we know it would be the # 45 pick or whatever it is. But we have no idea where that 2nd round pick will be next year. If the Chiefs still bring their offense next year and the D gets better with their additions, you have to think they're better than the 7-9 team they were this year. And if that's the case, the value of that 2nd goes down in 2006. If they're a playoff team in 2005, that 2nd starts to look more like a high 3rd round pick. That's why we'd prefer the known quantity this year at # 45. So the Dolphins worst case scenario is that the Chiefs become a good playoff team and for CB Patrick Surtain, we get a 4th round pick and another pick that looks like a high 3rd.

If Saban can live with that (and it does clear about 5-6 mil for us right?) then I guess he does it and trys to get the best player in the 4th round this year that he can. We'll see![/QUOTE]Or, the Chiefs could collapse this year and we could be picking as high as #33. It is a gamble, but it could work in our favor.

Nublar7 said:
Or, the Chiefs could collapse this year and we could be picking as high as #33. It is a gamble, but it could work in our favor.

That's true, but I really don't see them being any worse than that 7-9 record last year, and they could be a heck of a lot better, which would weaken that 2nd rounder. Do you really think they'll fall totally flat and give us a nice surprise?

I think a 4th this year and second next year is a good offer. The Dolphins may be wanting to add incentives for the pick next year to go higher based on performance else this deal would most likely be done by now with contract agreement in place.

Looks like KC needs to add a little more to the deal. I think there is very good talent in the 4th round this year to be had (OL, S, DT areas) and we shall have 2 number 2's next year.

Maybe KC should make it a 4th and 6th this year and a second next year to make it fair.

Back
Top Bottom