Fresh Phins: Is Reggie Torbor ready to start? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fresh Phins: Is Reggie Torbor ready to start?

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
In one game Reggie Torbor's made more game-changing plays than both of the Miami Dolphins starting linebackers.
That's not a knock on Channing Crowder or Akin Ayodele. But Torbor's interception, which came off a Gibril Wilson deflection, was a momentum changers.
It'll be interesting to see if he's able to maintain his forward progress, especially now that it appears Crowder's nursing a serious shoulder injury.
Crowder sat out Wednesday's practice while doing rehab work. He did plenty of running and sprinting, which makes me conclude his knees and ankle are fine, and the team's trainer was specifically working on drills that would strengthen his shoulder.
I suspect whether Crowder returns to practice, and plays on Sunday against the team he hates will depend on how much pain he can tolerate. But considering he needs his shoulder to be physical, which is the strength of his game, I predict it's a longshot.
Like you, I'm wondering how Torbor might do in his first start as a Dolphin, especially now that he's a little more familiar with the intricacies of the 3-4 scheme.
Torbor, who admitted understanding the scheme was an adjustment last season, has contributed 5.5 sacks, two interceptions, and four forced fumbles in his six seasons.
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...sh-phins-is-reggie-torbor-ready-to-start.html

i hope so i would love for him to light it up on sunday and take Crowders or Ayodele spot

Definitely after last week i don't think it could hurt. He played pretty solid last week, and it could give us a spark.

I've thought all along that Torbor has gotten a bad rap. He's definitely a better pass rusher than Crowder and now with a year plus under his belt, I think he should start.

Back
Top Bottom