Friday 8.5 Open Practice Tweets HERE!!! NO ROSS TALK EDITION | Page 37 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Friday 8.5 Open Practice Tweets HERE!!! NO ROSS TALK EDITION

I want to vent a bit more about those posters who overreact to an early season practice win by the defense.

Let's break this down a bit... In the modern NFL, most of the players who play on the front 7 of a defense tend to rotate in and out. Very few players play every down-- and even the ones who do, tend to get a few downs off during a game so they can stay fresh. This creates a situation where chemistry between defensive players means less... MUCH LESS than it does on an Offensive Line

Athleticism means so much more to a Defensive player than reps... or knowing what one's teammate is going to do on a particular play, or even... dare I say it, intelligence. Yes, many defensive studs on the front end are as dumb as rocks, and it's always been that way. For as long as I can remember, I have seen Offensive linemen on the academic all-American lists, and defensive guys on the police blotter-- it's just how it has always been.

Defensive guys tend to pin their ears back and explode into spots, and on a day like today when the PUBLIC practice showed only the most vanilla of plays, the Defense has a huuuuuuge advantage, and Boyer sent the house all day long. Then he put in the backups and set them too.

Jet sweeps by the offense? Nope.
Screen passes? Nope.
A lot of quick hitters to Waddle? Not in evidence.
Swing passes? Un-uh.

Then there was the constant switching of QBs, with three guys working and no one getting to settle into any kind of rhythm. Eight or nine different WRs going in and out, when a real game might see 4 guys playing 98% of the snaps.

...and some wonder why the defense looks good in a situation like this? Hell, we have a VETERAN defense with only a couple of youngish players playing, and the offense in a merry-go-round vanilla cluster? In Armstrong's first practice? When Williams is mid-position change and Adam Pankey (of all people) is our 2nd string Center???

C'mon. Just stop it.

Some of y'all are just too desperate to hang on to your narrative that we should have spent EVEN more money on FA linemen, or in protecting your 2 year's long rant that this or that player was a bad pick.

Breathe... say, "oooooooooommmmm".

Then stop whining.

Preseason games believe it or not will give us a glimpse if we’re good or not good. Perfect example was last yrs preseason, those games basically showed us that our OL was going to be really bad and it turned out to be the worst line in the league. No one should be complaining about practice. But again this preseason is about evaluating our OL. Our success depends on it. I do feel Miami needs to sign a vet tackle and center because if Austin Jackson doesn’t perform in preseason he will be replaced.

Some team is going to pick up Miami's wide receiver cuts this year. And possibly get a good player.
Sanders has been a pleasant surprise. I was expecting Bowden to be the 6th guy but he hasn't really shown out. One thing I like about Grier and this scouting staff is that they seem to find undrafted guys that stick to the roster.

I want to vent a bit more about those posters who overreact to an early season practice win by the defense.

Let's break this down a bit... In the modern NFL, most of the players who play on the front 7 of a defense tend to rotate in and out. Very few players play every down-- and even the ones who do, tend to get a few downs off during a game so they can stay fresh. This creates a situation where chemistry between defensive players means less... MUCH LESS than it does on an Offensive Line

Athleticism means so much more to a Defensive player than reps... or knowing what one's teammate is going to do on a particular play, or even... dare I say it, intelligence. Yes, many defensive studs on the front end are as dumb as rocks, and it's always been that way. For as long as I can remember, I have seen Offensive linemen on the academic all-American lists, and defensive guys on the police blotter-- it's just how it has always been.

Defensive guys tend to pin their ears back and explode into spots, and on a day like today when the PUBLIC practice showed only the most vanilla of plays, the Defense has a huuuuuuge advantage, and Boyer sent the house all day long. Then he put in the backups and set them too.

Jet sweeps by the offense? Nope.
Screen passes? Nope.
A lot of quick hitters to Waddle? Not in evidence.
Swing passes? Un-uh.

Then there was the constant switching of QBs, with three guys working and no one getting to settle into any kind of rhythm. Eight or nine different WRs going in and out, when a real game might see 4 guys playing 98% of the snaps.

...and some wonder why the defense looks good in a situation like this? Hell, we have a VETERAN defense with only a couple of youngish players playing, and the offense in a merry-go-round vanilla cluster? In Armstrong's first practice? When Williams is mid-position change and Adam Pankey (of all people) is our 2nd string Center???

C'mon. Just stop it.

Some of y'all are just too desperate to hang on to your narrative that we should have spent EVEN more money on FA linemen, or in protecting your 2 year's long rant that this or that player was a bad pick.

Breathe... say, "oooooooooommmmm".

Then stop whining.

Since you felt the need to take this to another level I feel the need to tell you one of these years you will be right with this take. Hopefully this year even. The last decade plus reports of this oline in pads in camp as being awful and season defining in a negative way even in day 3 of pads has held up thru the entire season. So if anything folks concerns have been not only accurate but proven timely and far from far fetched or over the top/“whining.”

HE'S NO MOHAMED SANU

That’s exactly what I’m hoping ee is in his prime. Not this current version of sanu but the one bengals had as a top 3 wr.

But for ee to be that he’s gonna need to be physically imposing at the catch point and absolutely vice grip hands. Which he may.

What held back sanu ceiling wise was he lacked route running polish and it never really developed at the pro level.

Still a top 3 of hill, waddle, and a sanu in his prime is a problem for defenses and Id surely sign up for it for 2022

I see that those who constantly whine are wetting their panties in sheer terror... again.

Two things to consider...

1) The defense is ALWAYS ahead early in camp, ALWAYS.

2) Today the defense blitzed an awful lot (the commentators pointed this out, over and over) while the offense juggled QBs, ran a totally vanilla offense, and ran the ball a great deal without their fullback or any odd formations to keep the defense honest.

Settle down gurls...
I am one of the ones that is concerned about OL play which doesn’t just stem from training camp posts saying sack after sack would have occurred, but the play of the OL the past couple of years.

I understand it is preseason, new coaches, positions, vanilla play calling, etc. and a small percentage of my texts complain about the OL.

I remember reading a post of yours in the not too distant past in which you were lecturing another poster about personal attacks are not okay.

Passive-aggressively referring to myself and/or others as “wetting their panties in sheer terror” and “gurls” is clearly a personal attack.

How about attending your own lecture and just pointing out the error of our thinking as you see it without being degrading?

Here’s the thing once I see em on tape I’ll tell ya if we have an oline problem. It’s up to you to believe it or not.

I don’t need to see armstead reps with the others to know if Miami lacks a depth tackle or a starter is a flag.

I can envision armstead doing his job and still evaluate the others.

I’m 9 days from having that chance. It drives me nuts waiting.

Here’s the thing once I see em on tape I’ll tell ya if we have an oline problem. It’s up to you to believe it or not.

I don’t need to see armstead reps with the others to know if Miami lacks a depth tackle or a starter is a flag.

I can envision armstead doing his job and still evaluate the others.

I’m 9 days from having that chance. It drives me nuts waiting.
The line still needs to learn to work together though.

Back
Top Bottom