Friday 8.5 Open Practice Tweets HERE!!! NO ROSS TALK EDITION | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Friday 8.5 Open Practice Tweets HERE!!! NO ROSS TALK EDITION

Sanders has been a pleasant surprise. I was expecting Bowden to be the 6th guy but he hasn't really shown out. One thing I like about Grier and this scouting staff is that they seem to find undrafted guys that stick to the roster.
No doubt. Miami has done a really nice job with undrafted players. I think Sanders makes the 53. I can't see him getting to the practice squad. No way.

Really pulling for Sanders. I was wanting Drummond from Ole Miss but I'm happy with Braylon.

Don’t fall too hard for him, I doubt he’s re-signed.

Though I agree with you, that still will depend on this coming season, and how greedy AVG might be if he has a pretty good to great one.

I don't see how that was putting words in your mouth. Your posts spoke for themselves. You said you "expected to see improvement", implying that you hadn't (confirmed by the original post as to how you were dissatisfied with the moves we made.

Maybe you were just saying you would have preferred we did more or made different choices. I am OK with that.
Not at all. Never once said I didn't like the moves we made. You do this often. You read something and interpret it completely different. Maybe I'm not clear enough.

Whichever it is, I'm saying that with these moves, I would expect to see better performance than we'd have seen in the past. Am I saying that they won't improve, or that they'll definitely suck? No. I'm saying as of TODAY, AUGUST 6th 2022, (havent read todays practice reports btw) that the OL is just as concerning as it's ever been. When I say 'same ol, same ol', I mean they are still the obvious weakest link on the team.

It's fine to be concerned, but the level of concern should fit with the level and amount of play we have seen.

I'm also concerned, but at the same time I understand players are all either playing new positions, playing next to new guys, playing in an entirely new system to them or all three.

I don't think we are going to know how good they can be until a few weeks into the season personally.
Agree 100%.

I'm not sure why me stating I'm concerned has turned into me saying that it's all over and there's no way they'll be good. Completely bizarre.

I love Wilkins, but you can put me down as someone who would say you don't draft his skill set early first round. I'm glad he's here at this point but if I'm just going by positional value and what can/can't be replaced I'd have to agree he was over drafted.

That said, a good player at any position is better than a bust at a high value position.
I think that a solid DT is sorely underrated these days-- especially since their price has gone up so much lately.

Godchaux just signed a new deal that was crazy... Wilkins is WAY better.

Not at all. Never once said I didn't like the moves we made. You do this often. You read something and interpret it completely different. Maybe I'm not clear enough.

Whichever it is, I'm saying that with these moves, I would expect to see better performance than we'd have seen in the past. Am I saying that they won't improve, or that they'll definitely suck? No. I'm saying as of TODAY, AUGUST 6th 2022, (havent read todays practice reports btw) that the OL is just as concerning as it's ever been. When I say 'same ol, same ol', I mean they are still the obvious weakest link on the team.
Fair enough about not being clear.

Obviously every fan can have their own personal level of concern with any given aspect. I just think that if one is purporting the "same ol same ol" line, or that it is as "concerning as it's ever been", I would suggest that they are dismissing bringing in two top FAs, and hiring an unarguably more competent offensive staff as positive moves.

If you are just saying you will believe it when you see it, I can get on board with that. All I'm saying is that moves have definitely been made to address the issue. To say otherwise is nonsense. Will it work out better? That does remain to be seen, and I understand skepticism.

Fair enough about not being clear.

Obviously every fan can have their own personal level of concern with any given aspect. I just think that if one is purporting the "same ol same ol" line, or that it is as "concerning as it's ever been", I would suggest that they are dismissing bringing in two top FAs, and hiring an unarguably more competent offensive staff as positive moves.

If you are just saying you will believe it when you see it, I can get on board with that. All I'm saying is that moves have definitely been made to address the issue. To say otherwise is nonsense. Will it work out better? That does remain to be seen, and I understand skepticism.
I'm not going to continue to argue about you think I'm saying.

No you don't. You think an opinion I don't have is wrong. It's like wildman39 stole your account or something.
Apparently, you didn't mean what you said in post #596 (or the other posts for that matter).

Let's start again. Pretend this whole exchange didn't happen.

What is your opinion of our Oline, and the changes that we have made during the offseason Trog? Is it the same ol same ol, or do you think we have made some positive moves? (Hint: they are mutually exclusive by definition.)

One of the best defense in the league? Based on what? This is the problem with the false expectations for this defense. That same defense didn't shut down a Top 15 QB except a banged up Lamar Jackson.

I will wait a few games before calling thia defense top 5.

How many teams would you swap defenses with?

Back
Top Bottom