From Herald Talk...Early Monday Camp News | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

From Herald Talk...Early Monday Camp News

SMadison, we had to tag Webb at what 4.5 million for 2 seasons. It was a thought to replace Webb. Understood CK I am mistaken that you didn't want to hand the job to Dixon, we practically agree then.

I remember your rationale for moving Dixon, techincian, hard worker. I still think that Smith has the better build for LT and would like to see what he can do if healthy.

Of course Smith has the better build. He doesn't have IDEAL arm length but its not like his arms are "short" and perhaps the most important things at LT are technique and quickness, both of which he has. 16 foot wide Jonathan Ogden wingspan helps but isn't necessary to be pretty good which is all we could hope Dixon would be.

Understood CK I am mistaken that you didn't want to hand the job to Dixon, we practically agree then.

Sure, but in a disagreeing kind of way I guess. I would add one thing and that is that last year when both Spriggs and Smith went out for the season, I would have just GIVEN the position to Dixon and suffered the consequences. The Jet homer who wrote the article on why the Jets are super bowl contenders said it best. A p!ss poor LG on a solid OL next to two pro bowlers never prevented anyone from going to the big show. And coming off the 2000 season our OL WAS indeed solid, with Dixon and Ruddy going to the pro bowl, Wade being good...only donnalley and webb missing.

I think we could have gone the whole year with Dixon and Irwin next to each other and still have been as good or better.

You two are a crack up. The entertainment value of these forums jumped three whole points just out of this one thread. :D

DNY welcome aboard, and CK, it's too late, you already discussed it on these forums. LOL

Just messin with you guys...have at it.

The only part of this I noticed was the fact that one of my 2002 favorites - Travis Minor was finally mentioned and is returning kicks like I had hoped for :cool:

not that LT is not important ;)

Back
Top Bottom