From Here On... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

From Here On...

We'll see how things progress, and I'm by no means an a Rosen advocate; however if you simply replace Grant with an actual NFL caliber receiver, you add 1 TD, 55 yards and subtract an INT (a decent route by the WR means no INT). The pass to Williams was a money throw for a TD too. The 2nd INT was a tipped ball on the last play of the game. Rosen may not be the answer but he has outperformed Fitzpatrick.

Regardless, I've no doubt that 1984 vintage Marino would be unable to make this roster a winner though...
The problem with these linear comparisons is that Rosen is in the game during garbage time playing against a defense that isn't trying as hard and one that is playing more backups than usual. It's the equivalent of saying, "This QB played better in the 3rd quarter of the 2nd preseason game therefore he should be the starter."

He's actually had the easier scenario between him and Fitzpatrick, and those are his results. None of this really matters anyway because both QBs are going to get blown out regardless. Preferably I'd keep Rosen on the bench to preserve whatever little value he has left before he starts and then it's too late.

Back
Top Bottom