From Here On... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

From Here On...

Nope if you want to absolutely ruin any chance this kid has to start again in the NFL and be OK you can't start him. Any confidence he has left will be shattered on this absolutely terrible team. In fact if I were him I'd ask for a trade to the Saints.

If Rosen can win games with this team we don't need a franchise QB, we have one. I've seen enough of Fitz, he's washed up if you ask me. So put Rosen in there but game plan a way that the ball is out of his hands quickly. Honestly, if there is zero push in the run game there's not much any QB could do behind this line. I'd love to see some running room and some complete passes downfield. It could happen as we improve from week to week. If Rosen is in there it would be nice if his receivers helped in out a little. Grant's drop was awful.

In my opinion Rosen is much better than Bridgewater. If Rosen was on New Orleans he'd be balling out. The kid can seriously throw the ball. He just needs to be in the right system with the right team around him.

He has got to learn the playbook. He is still throwing errantly because of his inability to learn the receivers' routes. This was evident just yesterday when the receiver ran a curl route and Rosen was thinking it was something else.

I like Rosen's aggressiveness down the field. The trade-off is 10 sacks and 5 interceptions a game, but when he does complete one every once in a while it is going to be more exciting than a 5 yard gain.

Sort of agree but that's what everyone said about Fitzpatrick before the season.

Who better to lead this team to the first overall pick than the QB that did it last year. He's the Mariano Rivera of closing the deal on first overall picks. Will he be the first QB ever to do that? History in the making.

Josh Rosen is 8/21 for 102 yards 0 TDs and 2 INTs.

He has a QB rating of 14.5, which is less than if you took the snap and threw it into the dirt every play, but sure, he definitely gives us the best chance of being competitive.
We'll see how things progress, and I'm by no means an a Rosen advocate; however if you simply replace Grant with an actual NFL caliber receiver, you add 1 TD, 55 yards and subtract an INT (a decent route by the WR means no INT). The pass to Williams was a money throw for a TD too. The 2nd INT was a tipped ball on the last play of the game. Rosen may not be the answer but he has outperformed Fitzpatrick.

Regardless, I've no doubt that 1984 vintage Marino would be unable to make this roster a winner though...

No

I don't want him to get his feelings hurt...He should have a safe space created on the sidelines with a support monkey.

If the team is ok with falling out of contention for the 1st pick, start Rosen.

If they think they can win a game with Rosen, they have to start him and see.

I wanted Rosen to at least play the 2nd half of the season but that was under the assumption we were some what competitive. We aren't really in the least bit so I don't think Rosen will bridge a 25-30 point gap between us and our opponents. If he can, he should absolutely be starting because he'd be a god.

There is no question Rosen brings a life to the position Fitzpatrick doesn't. If we had lost our first two games like 34-14ish you could get away with sticking with RF.

If nothing else, Flores needs a boost himself. Even if he's privately been told he will get at least 3 years, he needs to show something.

If we thought we lacked an identity in years past, I mean not even close. Our identity right now is one guy.

I didn't say he would. In fact, I said I doubted it.

I was responding to another poster, who posited a specific scenario.

Thanks for playingng though......

You quoted me dude.

Fitzpatrick should not even be on the team
Why is he? I feel he would be a good mentor for Rosen once Rosen started but the F.O./coach has ZERO interest in winning, competing or laying any groundwork and evaluating

You quoted me dude.
OK.

I guess your second post was even more illogical than the first.

Did I, or did I not say I "doubt that it will happen"?

Regardless, no worries. These ary the times that try men's souls. Misunderstandings are inevitable, I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom