From Mort Chat Today | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

From Mort Chat Today

dan13

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
"Alex, Salt Lake City, Utah: Mort, Saban says he's going to take the best available player with the second pick rather than pick on a needs basis. Isn't Ronnie Brown considered to be one of the best available players who would fill a huge need for the Fins? What is Saban doing?!?!? Thanks for taking my question. Keep up the good work!

Chris Mortensen: (12:12 PM ET ) Well, Nick's not going to tell anybody, what he's doing, but yes, Ronnie is one of the top 10 players in the draft. There is still plenty of debate about his moderate production in college and Saban probably knows him and his Auburn teammate Cadillac Williams as well as anybody b/c he's had to play 'em for the last four years. One of Saban's strengths is as an evaluator, so I would trust him. ...... There is no question that he would love to trade out of that number two slot, by the way. "

"Saban probably knows him and his Auburn teammate Cadillac Williams as well as anybody b/c he's had to play 'em for the last four years. One of Saban's strengths is as an evaluator, so I would trust him. ...... "

So let's not worry about which of the 3 RB's is better, cause Saban knows.. and besides...>> "There is no question that he would love to trade out of that number two slot, by the way. "

"Alex, Salt Lake City, Utah: Mort, Saban says he's going to take the best available player with the second pick rather than pick on a needs basis. Isn't Ronnie Brown considered to be one of the best available players who would fill a huge need for the Fins? What is Saban doing?!?!? Thanks for taking my question. Keep up the good work!"

Was Alex Smith checking up with who Mort might think Saban might take int he draft?

BigScuingili said:
Was Alex Smith checking up with who Mort might think Saban might take int he draft?

:roflmao:

Alex should contact Ms. Cleo while he is making his rounds.

BigScuingili said:
"Alex, Salt Lake City, Utah: Mort, Saban says he's going to take the best available player with the second pick rather than pick on a needs basis. Isn't Ronnie Brown considered to be one of the best available players who would fill a huge need for the Fins? What is Saban doing?!?!? Thanks for taking my question. Keep up the good work!"

Seriously, how weird is that?

Mark my words, Miami will trade down. Count on it!! I am psyched about it too!! Get more picks Coach S!!!

Dredd1050 said:
Mark my words, Miami will trade down. Count on it!! I am psyched about it too!! Get more picks Coach S!!!
If we can work that out, and stick to our value chart, I'm all for it.

"Saban said the club has a chart that suggests what type of compensation Miami should get for moving down in the draft. The coach said he would follow that chart strictly in forging a trade."

From Todays Herald.....

Back
Top Bottom