From Soccer To Football | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

From Soccer To Football

I dunno about you, but I've played in major tournaments across the country where you will play multiple games in a day and the following day and I can attest that the field is no less dangerous regarding injuries. These guys play on the same practice fields day in and day out. Maybe they should have 4 or 5 different practice fields based on your logic? I will just add in that a soccer game will not tear up the field like a football game. The game is much more spread out and there aren't 10-16 guys or more constantly playing between the hash marks. The more important things I speak of or football things. Like our O-line play, QB play, LB play, D-line play. Complaining about a soccer game played the day before a pre-season game at this point is just really really really low on the totem pole of things to worry about. Like last or next to last.

I agree with your point not to put players in dangerous situations, just not sure a soccer game the day before is going to create a dangerous field with the exception of playing in weather (rain) contributing to tearing up the field of course.

Players continually practice on the same field day after day. Wouldn't that be a major issue if running on a field the day before is a significant factor leading to injuries?

I think Jimi is upset that his favorite soccer team wasn't the team playing? I dunno.

So this isn't nearly the same issue as having a football game the day before....as soccer players are usually 170 pounds or less. Not nearly the havoc on the field with a soccer games as opposed to the Hurricanes playing on it the day before.

I dunno about you, but I've played in major tournaments across the country where you will play multiple games in a day and the following day and I can attest that the field is no less dangerous regarding injuries. These guys play on the same practice fields day in and day out. Maybe they should have 4 or 5 different practice fields based on your logic? I will just add in that a soccer game will not tear up the field like a football game. The game is much more spread out and there aren't 10-16 guys or more constantly playing between the hash marks. The more important things I speak of or football things. Like our O-line play, QB play, LB play, D-line play. Complaining about a soccer game played the day before a pre-season game at this point is just really really really low on the totem pole of things to worry about. Like last or next to last.

You attesting to it doesn't make it true. There's a reason most teams don't do this.

There are actually multiple practice fields already and a bubble. If we could have a million that would be great. Again, just because you can't avoid all problems in life doesn't mean you shouldn't avoid the ones you can.

Again, I wouldn't care as much if our field didn't CONSTANTLY have problems.

So this isn't nearly the same issue as having a football game the day before....as soccer players are usually 170 pounds or less. Not nearly the havoc on the field with a soccer games as opposed to the Hurricanes playing on it the day before.

I don't think player weight factors as much into. A little guy will tear up a field by constantly making sharp cuts a lot worse than a big dude will just lumbering down the field.

But yes, I hate that the hurricanes play there on home weeks as well.

You attesting to it doesn't make it true. There's a reason most teams don't do this.

There are actually multiple practice fields already and a bubble. If we could have a million that would be great. Again, just because you can't avoid all problems in life doesn't mean you shouldn't avoid the ones you can.

Again, I wouldn't care as much if our field didn't CONSTANTLY have problems.

We have 2 practice fields that are used daily during training. The bubble gets used only during bad weather. Poor argument. I just think you are picking the wrong battle. I remember games last year when the fields were torn up from the U. Especially after it rained. 67Stang is on point. Unless the soccer game was played during a rain storm or the field was soaked already(which it wasn't) we play on worse fields regularly during the regular season. At home and away. Also, you not giving a damn about soccer also shows you probably don't understand the "damage" a soccer game would do. LOL You would have had a better argument if you would have said slide tackles tearing up the turf over cutting. I do agree however regarding college football, I wish the Canes would play somewhere else. You should know that you will only get near perfect fields at any point in time on artificial grass. Those have their own injury concerns though. Once again, the soccer game last night is so minor in what we should be worried about, if at all.

We have 2 practice fields that are used daily during training. The bubble gets used only during bad weather. Poor argument. I just think you are picking the wrong battle. I remember games last year when the fields were torn up from the U. Especially after it rained. 67Stang is on point. Unless the soccer game was played during a rain storm or the field was soaked already(which it wasn't) we play on worse fields regularly during the regular season. At home and away. Also, you not giving a damn about soccer also shows you probably don't understand the "damage" a soccer game would do. LOL You would have had a better argument if you would have said slide tackles tearing up the turf over cutting. I do agree however regarding college football, I wish the Canes would play somewhere else. You should know that you will only get near perfect fields at any point in time on artificial grass. Those have their own injury concerns though. Once again, the soccer game last night is so minor in what we should be worried about, if at all.

You're just off base on so many things. I never compared the games in terms of damage. I responded to him commenting on the weight of the players individually being a significant factor.

I don't need to know anything but the basics of either sport to know how it will affect the field. And yes, slide tackling is part of it. I never said it causes more damage than playing football. I never said it was a massive issue and was causing serious harm. I simply said it was yet another example in a continuous stream of examples since Ross bought the team of him putting money over the team.

There are many in Miami that care more about that soccer game.

Actually pretty great to see Barc play live.

I really hope they don't let those nasty Hurricanes play on that field on Saturday and then have a Dolphins game on Sunday...oh wait...that happens all the ****ing time.

In fact, most NFL stadiums are used for a variety of reason outside the NFL team. Stadiums cost 100's of millions in upkeep to keep them idle outside of when the NFL team plays there. It also helps numerous vendors.
If so many care about soccer, why don't they build their own damn stadium?

I don't think player weight factors as much into. A little guy will tear up a field by constantly making sharp cuts a lot worse than a big dude will just lumbering down the field.

But yes, I hate that the hurricanes play there on home weeks as well.
Actually not true as this was brought up almost every year we play at Wembley.....players have issues and tear that field up pretty good as it is made for soccer. It has been stated a few times how soccer does not destroy a field like 300 pound dudes pushing against each other all over the field does.

Actually not true as this was brought up almost every year we play at Wembley.....players have issues and tear that field up pretty good as it is made for soccer. It has been stated a few times how soccer does not destroy a field like 300 pound dudes pushing against each other all over the field does.

It has been stated by who lol? Either way I don't care. I've never said soccer damages a field more. I don't care at all. It's not their stadium. It's one thing to play on it during away game weeks, but the day before a game is ridiculous. And I don't know why I have to keep repeating this but our field has ALWAYS had problems. It's been a huge issue and it's not asking that much to not have professional sporting events held the literal day before.

It has been stated by who lol? Either way I don't care. I've never said soccer damages a field more. I don't care at all. It's not their stadium. It's one thing to play on it during away game weeks, but the day before a game is ridiculous. And I don't know why I have to keep repeating this but our field has ALWAYS had problems. It's been a huge issue and it's not asking that much to not have professional sporting events held the literal day before.
Just google NFL issues at Wembley Stadium and stuff goes back to as long as the NFL has played there. Yes, you are correct that the field issues at that stadium are well documented, back to the time the Marlins played there and 2 football teams (Canes and Phins).

However, there is a HUGE difference between the damage a soccer match does and what a football team does. In soccer there will be multiple matches daily on the same field over an extended amount of days during tournament play. Could this be done with a football field? There is NO WAY! First off soccer cleats and football cleats are completely different. Second of all, in soccer, you don't have 8, 300 pound men in a huge scrum for an average of 150 plays per game all over the field. It is apples to oranges really.

Back
Top Bottom