Fromm declares... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fromm declares...

His game seems to fit the mold of what this staffs seems to want at the QB position. His testing will be critical he has a lot to gain or lose by showing his athleticism or lack there of. His interview and white board work will be amazing regardless but he needs to show his athletic ability and willingness to be coached to improve his throwing and footwork flaws. This 1st round will be fun not only as a fan of the Fins but as an NFL fan .

I was a huge Fromm supporter in the beginning, but the past few games I just didnt see it much. I mean he played behind a damn good OL, with a damn good RB, yet his numbers werent great.

The only way I would pick Fromm is later, like 3rd round.

Im hoping the Saints draft him. Learn behind another small QB in Brees, on a turf. Maybe he will do better.

I was a huge Fromm supporter in the beginning, but the past few games I just didnt see it much. I mean he played behind a damn good OL, with a damn good RB, yet his numbers werent great.

The only way I would pick Fromm is later, like 3rd round.

Im hoping the Saints draft him. Learn behind another small QB in Brees, on a turf. Maybe he will do better.

So many drops and horrid production from any pass catcher was a huge issue this year. Liken it to Brady's frustration with his receivers this year, Fromm has mastery over the offense and just is not an arrogant guy looking for stats. He will not force a ball to a guy that isnt open or if he doesn't have an area he can lead the guy to where he would be the only person who can catch it. His will be an interesting one to track, if he measures as a better athlete than expected someone in the teens could take a chance on him.

I am not excited about Fromm. Not because he's a bad player, but I feel like he's already reached his potential. He's already good or above average at the things you would expect raw physical talent to continue developing post-draft. I think the Fromm we saw is college will be the Fromm we see in the NFL - good but not great. If we miss out on Burrow, Tua, and Herbert at 1a, Fromm would be my next choice at 1b or 1c (no Jordan Love in round 1 for me).

I am not excited about Fromm. Not because he's a bad player, but I feel like he's already reached his potential. He's already good or above average at the things you would expect raw physical talent to continue developing post-draft. I think the Fromm we saw is college will be the Fromm we see in the NFL - good but not great. If we miss out on Burrow, Tua, and Herbert at 1a, Fromm would be my next choice at 1b or 1c (no Jordan Love in round 1 for me).

Lol, I'm trying to understand the logic of this post. No to Fromm early because he's essentially a finished product. Yet, Love has more talent in his pinky and is as raw as they come, He's not even close to his ceiling, but you'd take the finish guy in round 1 but wouldn't touch the way more talented guy whom has yet to reach his peak?

like whaaa?

I think it's a good decision for Fromm, despite not having a great season. If the OC Coley stays, he wasn't going to improve his stock next year anyway - likely only keep making it worse. Especially considering he's losing 4 guys on the offensive line to the draft and transfer portal, along with the top two RB's, TE, etc.

Fromm is a kid that just can't overcome his surroundings. He's just not an elite guy. But he can eventually start in the NFL in the right situation. Super, super kid. But you have to surround him with talent and allow him to facilitate whatever it is you want the offense to accomplish.

Likely the 5th quarterback on my board and a 2nd round grade. As I mentioned before, I think Miami has interest.

With a 36-7 record at Georgia, having scored 35 points per game, including something like 31 points per game against SEC or ranked opponents, a career 156 NCAA passer efficiency rating, having ranked Top 8 in that mark in 2 of his 3 seasons at Georgia...I think we're going to have to do a better job about defining the concept of overcoming his surroundings.

Those are pretty great accomplishments and I'm not sure it really would've been possible for him to do significantly better unless he never bumped into Jim Chaney or James Coley.

It's not as if he's been throwing the ball to a bunch of great players. Riley Ridley has 6 catches in the NFL. Javon Wims has 22 catches. Terry Godwin has none. Isaac Nauta has 2 catches. Lawrence Cager wasn't invited to the Senior Bowl. Mecole Hardman is the best of them and he's really just a gifted return man for KC that had 26 catches for 538 yards and 6 TDs thanks to Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid's offense. Maybe in the end the best will be George Pickens, and that's a bit of a dubious statement because Pickens is a freshman who was still figuring out how he was supposed to run his routes and where he was supposed to be.

It's not like throwing to Ja'Marr Chase and Justin Jefferson, or Tee Higgins and Justyn Ross, CeeDee Lamb and Marquise Brown, or Jerry Jeudy and Devonta Smith.

I think from a certain point of view, Jake Fromm has overcome his surroundings quite a bit. The guys who did better, generally HAD better.

I would probably put him behind Tua Tagovailoa, Joe Burrow, and Jordan Love. But frankly it's more like Tua and then three guys I could feel good about getting in any order.

I'm going to be honest, I think Fromm can play. I think the offense did him no favors, and they didn't really have a lot at receiver this year. However, I don't like him as much as anybody that believes he's an elite player. Furthermore, he was carried by Nick Chubb, Sony Michel, a great offensive line and a stellar defense far more than they were ever carried by Jake Fromm. He's had a great team around him for the most part.

His record as a starter and efficiency rating doesn't impress me anymore than David Greene's at UGA - or Jalen Hurts at Alabama.

All I'm saying is the overall tape doesn't tell me that's an elite player. We may disagree on this one, but probably not by as much as you think. It's not worth hashing it out over a slot or two.

Career backup that will get overdrafted because the position he plays.

Back
Top Bottom