Fromm declares... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fromm declares...

It's all six of one and half-dozen of the other I suppose. You're right, it's not much of a disagreement.

I guess I just generally take a little bit of exception to the idea he's got a low ceiling because time and time again we've seen that the elite performers in the NFL perform elitely with the things that Jake Fromm commonly put on display at Georgia. Detail, communication, awareness of the defense, timing, foot work, etc.

I will grant that with some of the NFL's passers, it's Patrick Mahomes's gifts, it's Lamar Jackson's athleticism, it's Aaron Rodgers's arm, or the scrambling of DeShaun Watson or Russell Wilson.

But there's also still a whole lot of success out there being had by the likes of Jimmy Garoppolo, Drew Brees, Tom Brady (prior to his 42nd birthday), Phillip Rivers, Matt Ryan (previous years), Andrew Luck (prior to retirement), Kirk Cousins, Peyton Manning (prior to retirement), and Alex Smith (prior to nearly losing a leg). These guys haven't been playing the game so very differently from Jake Fromm and some of them are literally among the best to ever play the game.

So what's the ceiling on the best to ever play the game? If Jake Fromm keeps retooling and perfecting HIS game, the ceiling is just as high. He's shown it.

I was hoping he would stay because I don't really fear him and would've like to see him as the quarterback when UGA comes to Tuscaloosa to visit September 19th.

But it probably ends up just as well now since they'll either be having to start a true freshman in Carson Beck if they don't get a grad transfer from the portal like Jamie Newman or K.J. Costello.

I hope for Fromm's sake he ends up in a good situation with a solid supporting cast of players in the NFL and does well.

The presence of Fromm, Eason, and Herbert and their potential of value/cost is one of the reasons I have no interest in that 'other' QB.

Which one will be best? I have no idea, and neither does anyone else. Oh we can guess... but that's all it is--- guesswork.

I think that I have faith in our Front Office as it is presently staffed; they'll interview all of them and hopefully draft one of them in the 1c/2a spot. Hopefully the football Gods will reward us long suffering fans with a hit.

I was hoping he would stay because I don't really fear him and would've like to see him as the quarterback when UGA comes to Tuscaloosa to visit September 19th.

But it probably ends up just as well now since they'll either be having to start a true freshman in Carson Beck if they don't get a grad transfer from the portal like Jamie Newman or K.J. Costello.

I hope for Fromm's sake he ends up in a good situation with a solid supporting cast of players in the NFL and does well.

Costello would look good there.

Wow I seriously thought he was going back for his senior year. I have been way off on any of my predictions of these kids staying or declaring for the draft. :lol: But imagine getting both Tua and Fromm in this draft. Man that’d be sweet as hell.

Last edited:
His game seems to fit the mold of what this staffs seems to want at the QB position. His testing will be critical he has a lot to gain or lose by showing his athleticism or lack there of. His interview and white board work will be amazing regardless but he needs to show his athletic ability and willingness to be coached to improve his throwing and footwork flaws. This 1st round will be fun not only as a fan of the Fins but as an NFL fan .
My guess is New England takes him as Brady's eventual replacement.

Very doubtful he would have declared unless he was given at least a 2nd round grade.

The elephant in the room as to why he came out is what his advisory committee grade was.

This was a guy that everyone thought was returning to school. They don't have Justin Fields there anymore so it's not as if he were being pushed out for another player. And neither Fromm nor the Georgia coaches are likely to agree with us regarding the pessimistic view of having to play for James Coley again. I hear the thing about the offensive line but Fromm played just fine against Baylor without those offensive linemen, and in 2020 he'd have Pickens a little older and wiser. Pickens looks like he might end up the best receiver Fromm ever played with and he's only a freshman.

Typically the coaches (by the book) tell their players to leave for the NFL if they get 1st round grades. If Kirby Smart told him to leave...you'd have to feel pretty confident Fromm got at least that 2nd round grade.

2nd round sounds about right... there are only so many teams even considering taking an early round QB, so a couple of the touted ones are going to fall.

I'm going to be honest, I think Fromm can play. I think the offense did him no favors, and they didn't really have a lot at receiver this year. However, I don't like him as much as anybody that believes he's an elite player. Furthermore, he was carried by Nick Chubb, Sony Michel, a great offensive line and a stellar defense far more than they were ever carried by Jake Fromm. He's had a great team around him for the most part.

His record as a starter and efficiency rating doesn't impress me anymore than David Greene's at UGA - or Jalen Hurts at Alabama.

This season served to drop Jake Fromm down to where he should be. I thought it was always inevitable. That's why I've never been particularly interested in him. The NFL has plenty of room for players of that caliber. Fromm is starting caliber. I prefer him above Herbert and I'd take him above Haskins from last year and Eason from this year. But as Slimm mentioned in another post there is zero reason for an opponent to fear Jake Fromm. Absolutely you take your chances, knowing how unlikely it is that Fromm will match point to point.

Those numbers ckparrothead posted were cute if this were the NFL and not college football, where 30 or even 35 points doesn't get you much of anything. The league forced Mitch Trubisky high into the first round when North Carolina was 44th in the nation in points per game during his only season as full time starter. This season Georgia was 49th. Fromm has managed better than that previously but nothing outstanding, nothing close to final roll call of 2018 season when the top 4 scoring teams were Oklahoma (Kyler Murray), Utah State (Jordan Love), Alabama (Tua Tagovailoa) and Clemson (Trevor Lawrence). This season the same roll call is LSU, Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson. Washington and Eason were 41st. Good luck taking him early. I already rattled off the stats and points Eason posted while blowing those 3 games as favorite of 13.5 or greater.

Fromm is a nice player. If he were at a lesser school I think he would have been a late discovered mid round fascination like Easton Stick. The Dolphins are better off understanding what they have in Josh Rosen than forcing something high with Jake Fromm.

Rosen and Darnold, BTW, were also not great at points per game while Lamar Jackson excelled in that category, especially during his Heisman season.

Well, it may not be so much about the grade Fromm received and more about Georgia wanting to remake the offense with a more mobile quarterback. It’s the new wave of football like I said.

I get the feeling Fromm felt under appreciated by fans and alumni while shouldering all the blame for the offensive woes played a large factor in his decision to leave.

Well, it may not be so much about the grade Fromm received and more about Georgia wanting to remake the offense with a more mobile quarterback. It’s the new wave of football like I said.

I get the feeling Fromm felt under appreciated by fans and alumni while shouldering all the blame for the offensive woes played a large factor in his decision to leave.
I can see this given they had Fields on campus. Different topic but I’m not sure he (Fields) is the real deal.

Back
Top Bottom