Fs? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

jimlerario

Active Roster
Reaction score
The dolphins have no one special at the position
clemons isn't going to cut it if we want to make the playoffs
our secondary is mediocare compared to other teams
thoughts?

I would say that at this point Clemons is pretty much a lock to start all year. hopefully our secondary won't have to cover as long as last year.

I don't think Clemons is going to stop our team from making the playoffs if our team is good enough to make it.

I also don't think he can really make any game changing plays to help swing a game into our favor either. I'd like to see some competition for him this TC. Maybe that would make him step up his game a little bit.

Clemons is a very safe FS. He has really grown into the position. He isn't much of a play maker, but he makes the plays that he is supposed to make, rarely is out of position, and has GREAT closing speed. Nice to have a guy back there that is one of the fastest safeties in the league. He is also a very sure tackler. He has came a long way in that department the last two years. He started out as a poor tackler but is now very good.

I am excited to see what Kovacs brings to the table. He is the exact opposite of Clemons. He is a PLAY MAKER, but doesn't have any of the speed that CC has. Kovacs can also get trapped being too aggressive and give up big plays from time to time. Should be an interesting TC.

I don't know whether it's the system or him maturing as a player or what, but Clemons showed us more last season than ever before. Ktownfinfan is right, Clemons isn't a playmaker, and that's a huge negative. But in most other areas he did improve. People call him consistent, but I see almost the opposite of that. While yes, he consistently does a good job of stopping bombs and yes he never really produces takeaways, his coverage and run support seems to run very hot and cold. Some teams that run a predictable system he seems to play lights out. Others that run varying plays from the same formations or lots of motion or route changes to disguise what they do tend to fool Clemons and he's always playing catch up. His run support is generally subpar, but some games he seems to know the play before it's called and is always at the right place at the right time.

If Clemons can improve at parsing through the trickery offenses use, I think he can become a better than solid safety. But, he needs to generate takeaways. For him, that's the one ultra-important issue.

Back
Top Bottom