FSU's Booker | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FSU's Booker

Gardenhead

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm watching the FSU/UCLA game and this Booker kid looks great. Any thoughts from our FSU fans?

I'd love to snag this guy in the 3rd round. I know RB isn't a pressing need, but I'm not going to depend on Ricky returning.

While a lot of Booker's flaws have been because of Jeff Bowden's awful system (the countless times last year when he would have Leon Washington run off the edges and then slam Booker up the middle...), Booker has been a big underachiever this year. Last year, Leon Washington had a real excuse for his underachieving. His offensive line was devastated by injuries. This year though, the line is healthy and all upperclassmen. Booker has 525yds and 2TDs through the whole season. His only "good" game was against Rice - 115yds and 1TD. I watched Booker rack up 18yds against Troy, 45yds against Duke, and 44yds against Virginia. Those were AWFUL opponents. How'd he do against better opponents? 10yds against Boston College and -3yds against Miami! The only chance Booker has of doing well in the NFL is by playing on the west coast (Oakland anyone?), close to his family. He's doing so well in the Emerald Bowl because he's got just about everyone he's ever met watching him at the game. Miami should NOT be his future home.

While a lot of Booker's flaws have been because of Jeff Bowden's awful system (the countless times last year when he would have Leon Washington run off the edges and then slam Booker up the middle...), Booker has been a big underachiever this year. Last year, Leon Washington had a real excuse for his underachieving. His offensive line was devastated by injuries. This year though, the line is healthy and all upperclassmen. Booker has 525yds and 2TDs through the whole season. His only "good" game was against Rice - 115yds and 1TD. I watched Booker rack up 18yds against Troy, 45yds against Duke, and 44yds against Virginia. Those were AWFUL opponents. How'd he do against better opponents? 10yds against Boston College and -3yds against Miami! The only chance Booker has of doing well in the NFL is by playing on the west coast (Oakland anyone?), close to his family. He's doing so well in the Emerald Bowl because he's got just about everyone he's ever met watching him at the game. Miami should NOT be his future home.

Thank you for your input. This was exactly the kind of inside info I was looking for.

From what I saw, he's a London Fletcher clone.

Plays sideline to sideline, extremely fast, always makes complete tackles, small but feisty, and an emotional leader.

Whoever gets him in the Draft is getting a great player.
]

:confused: Wrong thread?

Plays sideline to sideline, extremely fast, always makes complete tackles, small but feisty, and an emotional leader.

You're talking about Buster Davis, FSU's middle linebacker. Lorenzo Booker is FSU's starting tailback. Buster Davis will be an excellent LB at the next level and deserves to be drafted late in the 1st round (will probably fall to the 2nd round though, he'll be a steal). He's got GREAT energy, is a true leader, and loves to play. He matched up very well in the LB corp last year next to Ernie Sims and stayed in school for another year, really proving himself. Only reason he'll fall is because of his size. He reminds me of Zach actually a lot. Davis is 5-10 240pds and never takes a play off. If he falls to the 2nd, he might be a good future replacement for Zach...

Booker is the RB.

You're thinking of the LB #7, I forgot his name.

Booker reminds me of Travis Minor...

Booker is quicker and more elusive. Booker has the burst that Minor doesn't have. In one on one situations, something FSU didn't put him in very often, he's almost unstoppable and could be one of the best 3rd down backs in the NFL next year.

Booker has always under achieved then FSU entire "O" has under achieved.

BTW:Anybody notice FSU's LT? Held up in the first half against UCLA DE's. I'm guessing a late second day pick.

Back
Top Bottom